Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is Sansa Clip + really that good?! - Page 20  

post #286 of 467
I don't twist anything, and I don't force feed anyone. When I see bull, I call it. You can keep trying to save face by evading my questions, calling me by belittling nicknames (very passive aggressive!) and trying to discredit my attitude (this isn't the first time), but it won't hide the inconsistencies in the points that you're trying to make. Hopefully, people with a bit of sense and critical thinking will see through that. I don't much care about the others (anymore).
Edited by skamp - 3/23/13 at 2:11am
post #287 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamp View Post

I don't twist anything, and I don't force feed anyone. When I see bull, I call it. You can keep trying to save face by evading my questions, calling me by belittling nicknames (very passive aggressive!) and trying to discredit my attitude (this isn't the first time), but it won't hide the inconsistencies in the points that you're trying to make. Hopefully, people with a bit of sense and critical thinking will see through that. I don't much care about the others (anymore).

The Easter Bunny is mad at you.
post #288 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


 As you can see Skamp** was trying to twist, turn, mould the conversation in his direction. Myself spending a lot of time on these forums have become accustom watching him force feed people, I won't be one of them, so I shut him down.

He is very naughty. redface.gif

I realize you don't agree with him on anything (and you're not even a Tera-Player owner!), but as a rational human being, I have to say that he does bring up some very valid points regarding this hobby. There should be room in every debate for opposing points of view, don't you think? Dictatorships never end well.....popcorn.gif

post #289 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I realize you don't agree with him on anything (and you're not even a Tera-Player owner!), but as a rational human being, I have to say that he does bring up some very valid points regarding this hobby. There should be room in every debate for opposing points of view, don't you think? Dictatorships never end well.....popcorn.gif

Sure, I can respect that opinion. smile.gif
post #290 of 467
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamp View Post

I don't twist anything, and I don't force feed anyone. When I see bull, I call it. You can keep trying to save face by evading my questions, calling me by belittling nicknames (very passive aggressive!) and trying to discredit my attitude (this isn't the first time), but it won't hide the inconsistencies in the points that you're trying to make. Hopefully, people with a bit of sense and critical thinking will see through that. I don't much care about the others (anymore).

 

umad?

post #291 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

umad?

Ugh, water under the bridge. Why bring that up again?
Edited by skamp - 4/14/13 at 12:38am
post #292 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Have a look for Phillips SHE3580, they sound decent.

We have a thread here, also.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-how-can-something-sound-so-good-for-10

 

Thanks, this is an old thread. I see the SHE359 on amazon.com for $15.

Are there any newer IEMs in the price range $15-$25  for the Sansa Cip+?

I don't listen to the Clip+ at all because the stock ear-buds (not IEMs) sound bad.

 

On another matter. Do I need to rockbox the Clip+ to have my music organized in folders or as albums on the 32 GB SanDisk MicroSDHC?

 

Thanx.


Edited by JakeJack_2008 - 4/14/13 at 6:09pm
post #293 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamp View Post

I don't twist anything, and I don't force feed anyone. When I see bull, I call it. You can keep trying to save face by evading my questions, calling me by belittling nicknames (very passive aggressive!) and trying to discredit my attitude (this isn't the first time), but it won't hide the inconsistencies in the points that you're trying to make. Hopefully, people with a bit of sense and critical thinking will see through that. I don't much care about the others (anymore).

Skamp know his stuff +1.

 

Last time I read H20's post was when he was insisting that the higher the source impedance the better it is... Mmmm..... Colorfly C3 not as good as the Clip+ period if you are using IEMs. Even if you are not, clip+ still better (better frequency response). In fact, the clip is better in every relevant audio parameter than a HM-801. The only justifiable 'audiophile' player would be the Colorfly C4 and the DX100 but then they are still ludicrously expensive for little or no improvement in SQ (measurements say better than a clip in certain parameters such as stereo crosstalk, noise levels etc, but I doubt above audible levels). But then, many members on head-fi have hearing as acute as bats so I guess there could be a night and day difference.


Edited by uchihaitachi - 5/17/13 at 12:27pm
post #294 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJack_2008 View Post

Do I need to rockbox the Clip+ to have my music organized in folders or as albums on the 32 GB SanDisk MicroSDHC?

You can organise the files as you like if you use USB mass storage mode but:

the original firmware can display a Folder view but actually it's an abstraction - it uses the database. If the file isn't in the database it isn't displayed. With a 32 GB card the database refresh times on Sansa firmware are a genuine irritation. Rockbox's folder view is a genuine file tree view and you can easily switch between different file views: Music, Supported, All, Playlists. You can also toggle between sorting directories: Alphabetical, By Date, By Newest Date. It really makes life simple. In Rockbox you can also set font size and how the text scrolls so it is much better dealing with long names.
Edited by julian67 - 5/17/13 at 2:10pm
post #295 of 467

I have to admit that I have been slow in moving to the "ultimate source party" due to my apple ecosystem. The iPhone, iTunes, and iEverythingElse have been too convenient and too beautiful. I didn't want to carry around one of those ugly bricks held together by rubber bands just to listen to music. I felt I could just use high end headphones/iems and lossless formats to get most of the way to musical nirvana anyways. 

 

However, in ordering a Hidition NT-6 Pro based on average_joe's multi-CIEM review, I figured that I would give the Clip+ a try. His review suggests that the listening experience on a scale of 1 to 10 goes from a 4.5 with my iPhone to a 6.5 with the Clip+. For $29 on Amazon to get a 50% listening experience improvement, what the heck. I want to be able to know what the Hidition can do when I get it.

 

Buying the Clip+, and after the painful transition from AIFF to FLAC for a few of my favorite playlists, the sound quality improvement was immediately obvious. At first listen, there was additional slam and space/imaging between the instruments that I wasn't getting from my iPhone, but my TF10 sounded very congested like listening to a concert next to the stage through a small window in a sound proof wall. It was also missing the in your face guitar that the iPhone has that makes you feel like you are the guitarist. But the sound was absolutely superior in every way and very addicting.

 

Unfortunately, after a few days of use, the Clip+ battery started to poop out lasting only an hour between charges, then yesterday it would not start nor charge. So I am returning for a replacement and have been forced to go back to my iPhone 5 as source. Wow, the iPhone is hardly worth listening to now. It has the effect of the lights coming on at the bar at the end of the night. The iPhone sounds really bad now that I am used to the Clip+. The imaging is all gone and the sound is very confused - probably why I didn't notice how congested the TF10 is until now. But now that I listen again, The Clip+ seems like it was wider. The lack of black space between instruments is now glaring making the overlapping sounds feel harsh and grating. The guitar is back, but now it just seems wrong as if the guitarists are in the audience in the back of the auditorium with me and the band is way up front in the back of the stage. At times, certain instruments sound like they are being played in another distant room with the door shut. Another weird effect with the iPhone is that when my poor fitting right iem tip comes loose, all bass is gone sounding like a cheap glaring AM mono radio. With the Clip+, when the tip comes loose, the bass falls a bit, but the sound is still thick and detailed. That alone makes my TF10's much more listenable.

 

So is the Clip+ really that good? Yes, especially at $29, and especially when coming from expensive Apple products. I didn't even mention the form factor that is awesome being able to clip it to my shirt rather than having to wear a large armband to wear my iPhone 5 in the gym.

post #296 of 467
Thread Starter 

The clip+ is really good quality for my IEM's but it seems a bit weak in the bass, especially bass detail and punchyness. Would the rockbox improve this? (I guess not)

post #297 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

The clip+ is really good quality for my IEM's but it seems a bit weak in the bass, especially bass detail and punchyness. Would the rockbox improve this? (I guess not)

It can. For one, it will make the the playback speed more accurate, and for another, you have a 10-band fully parametric equalizer available in Rockbox.

post #298 of 467
.
post #299 of 467
.
post #300 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

Skamp know his stuff +1.

Last time I read H20's post was when he was insisting that the higher the source impedance the better it is... Mmmm..... Colorfly C3 not as good as the Clip+ period if you are using IEMs. Even if you are not, clip+ still better (better frequency response). In fact, the clip is better in every relevant audio parameter than a HM-801. The only justifiable 'audiophile' player would be the Colorfly C4 and the DX100 but then they are still ludicrously expensive for little or no improvement in SQ (measurements say better than a clip in certain parameters such as stereo crosstalk, noise levels etc, but I doubt above audible levels). But then, many members on head-fi have hearing as acute as bats so I guess there could be a night and day difference.

You gotta be kidding right? If you couldn't see I was being sarcastic about high output impedance then I don't know how to help you.

Maybe there's a language barrier between us and our country's and you couldn't see through the post which is fine, what I said in the Heir thread was total tongue and cheek and I apologize if I confused you however, please don't come in here trying to twist and turn what I said to an advantage if you were to gullible to believe I was mucking around. I don't even know you around these forums, what I said was sarcasm in the 4Ai thread now I find this random post from you. As for the Colorfly C3 output impedance I would like to see some evidence of the 26 stated ohms you claim, because I need a little bit more than just some random member stating such things.

As for Skamp, sure we don't get along, but he's ok, for most parts, just tackles things in his way.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 5/18/13 at 4:58am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!