so i plan on getting the m3 or the re0. i will be using the iems with iphone or my ipod touch. i was contemplating if i should see if there is any use of having an amp. the amp i was thinking of getting was the e11. and since this would be the first time i would be using an amp im not sure what the use is for lol. what do you guys think? is there any reason why i should try out an amp?
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for amp to pair with HD650, maybe sub-$500 (maybe not) Last post on 1/11/12 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BRAINWAVZ: M3 B2 or even M4 ? Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
is there a reason why i should try an amp?post #1 of 139/16/11 at 2:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/16/11 at 9:08pm
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.post #3 of 139/17/11 at 10:09pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.
ok so i hook that fiio l3 to the e11 and my headphones to the e11? will adding an amp really make a difference in listening of music? if it does i will no doubt get one to try lol.post #4 of 139/17/11 at 10:19pm
If you don't have your player's volume turned up past 50%, there's not much use for an amp. Even then it would only matter if you're getting audible clipping and distortion, or you have quiet songs that need more headroom than you're getting.
I still don't know why an uncolored amp would make a real difference if there's enough power available without one.post #5 of 139/17/11 at 10:47pm
The only reason I can see getting an amp for those IEMs, more specifically the RE0, is for the bass boost. Otherwise, I doubt amping either of them will make much of a difference at all...you'd have to listen really, really hard to find any difference whatsoever between them amped and unamped.post #6 of 139/18/11 at 1:16am
Part of the point is to use the player's "line-out". Also,
Oh boy, here we go again. Gotta love this forum.post #7 of 139/18/11 at 12:34pmpost #8 of 139/18/11 at 12:41pm
I put that statement there to avoid vague stuff like "It's not about volume!" or "brings out potential", not necessarily to demand information. Keeps misleading subjective impressions out, since they'll be different for everyonepost #9 of 139/18/11 at 12:47pm
Amping will only have a dramatic impact on SQ on larger headphones (especially circumaurals) because a good deal of imaging is present in larger cans, which allows you to notice very subtle differences (and changes, if you amp / DAC as opposed to vanilla) in sound quality.post #10 of 139/18/11 at 5:18pmQuote:
I find having a pair of *phones* to plug into that iPod tends to make me a lot happier ;)post #11 of 139/19/11 at 1:18pmpost #12 of 139/19/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
which iem would benefit more from using an amp? i used to have a pair of m3 but my gf smashed them. and i read alot from here that the re0 are also really good but dont have a lot of bass in them. so which one should i get that would benefit more from an amp? will be ordering these 2 things in a week or so after i get my audioengine a5 :P
- is there a reason why i should try an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Headband pad for AKG K 518 DJ 1 minute ago
- › What is your favorite Japanese songs ? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 3 minutes ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 4 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 7 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)