so i plan on getting the m3 or the re0. i will be using the iems with iphone or my ipod touch. i was contemplating if i should see if there is any use of having an amp. the amp i was thinking of getting was the e11. and since this would be the first time i would be using an amp im not sure what the use is for lol. what do you guys think? is there any reason why i should try out an amp?
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for amp to pair with HD650, maybe sub-$500 (maybe not) Last post on 1/11/12 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BRAINWAVZ: M3 B2 or even M4 ? Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
is there a reason why i should try an amp?post #1 of 139/16/11 at 2:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/16/11 at 9:08pm
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.post #3 of 139/17/11 at 10:09pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.
ok so i hook that fiio l3 to the e11 and my headphones to the e11? will adding an amp really make a difference in listening of music? if it does i will no doubt get one to try lol.post #4 of 139/17/11 at 10:19pm
If you don't have your player's volume turned up past 50%, there's not much use for an amp. Even then it would only matter if you're getting audible clipping and distortion, or you have quiet songs that need more headroom than you're getting.
I still don't know why an uncolored amp would make a real difference if there's enough power available without one.post #5 of 139/17/11 at 10:47pm
The only reason I can see getting an amp for those IEMs, more specifically the RE0, is for the bass boost. Otherwise, I doubt amping either of them will make much of a difference at all...you'd have to listen really, really hard to find any difference whatsoever between them amped and unamped.post #6 of 139/18/11 at 1:16am
Part of the point is to use the player's "line-out". Also,
Oh boy, here we go again. Gotta love this forum.post #7 of 139/18/11 at 12:34pmpost #8 of 139/18/11 at 12:41pm
I put that statement there to avoid vague stuff like "It's not about volume!" or "brings out potential", not necessarily to demand information. Keeps misleading subjective impressions out, since they'll be different for everyonepost #9 of 139/18/11 at 12:47pm
Amping will only have a dramatic impact on SQ on larger headphones (especially circumaurals) because a good deal of imaging is present in larger cans, which allows you to notice very subtle differences (and changes, if you amp / DAC as opposed to vanilla) in sound quality.post #10 of 139/18/11 at 5:18pmQuote:
I find having a pair of *phones* to plug into that iPod tends to make me a lot happier ;)post #11 of 139/19/11 at 1:18pmpost #12 of 139/19/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
which iem would benefit more from using an amp? i used to have a pair of m3 but my gf smashed them. and i read alot from here that the re0 are also really good but dont have a lot of bass in them. so which one should i get that would benefit more from an amp? will be ordering these 2 things in a week or so after i get my audioengine a5 :P
- is there a reason why i should try an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) 2 seconds ago
- › [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast 30 seconds ago
- › INCREDIBLE!! THE YOUNGER SIBLING OF PROJECT SUNRISE 2--THE NEW... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › How many headphones is too much? 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser ORPHEUS HE-90 *LIKE NEW* MINT CONDITION *ORIGINAL... 2 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe