so i plan on getting the m3 or the re0. i will be using the iems with iphone or my ipod touch. i was contemplating if i should see if there is any use of having an amp. the amp i was thinking of getting was the e11. and since this would be the first time i would be using an amp im not sure what the use is for lol. what do you guys think? is there any reason why i should try out an amp?
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for amp to pair with HD650, maybe sub-$500 (maybe not) Last post on 1/11/12 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BRAINWAVZ: M3 B2 or even M4 ? Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
is there a reason why i should try an amp?post #1 of 139/16/11 at 2:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/16/11 at 9:08pm
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.post #3 of 139/17/11 at 10:09pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.
ok so i hook that fiio l3 to the e11 and my headphones to the e11? will adding an amp really make a difference in listening of music? if it does i will no doubt get one to try lol.post #4 of 139/17/11 at 10:19pm
If you don't have your player's volume turned up past 50%, there's not much use for an amp. Even then it would only matter if you're getting audible clipping and distortion, or you have quiet songs that need more headroom than you're getting.
I still don't know why an uncolored amp would make a real difference if there's enough power available without one.post #5 of 139/17/11 at 10:47pm
The only reason I can see getting an amp for those IEMs, more specifically the RE0, is for the bass boost. Otherwise, I doubt amping either of them will make much of a difference at all...you'd have to listen really, really hard to find any difference whatsoever between them amped and unamped.post #6 of 139/18/11 at 1:16am
Part of the point is to use the player's "line-out". Also,
Oh boy, here we go again. Gotta love this forum.post #7 of 139/18/11 at 12:34pmpost #8 of 139/18/11 at 12:41pm
I put that statement there to avoid vague stuff like "It's not about volume!" or "brings out potential", not necessarily to demand information. Keeps misleading subjective impressions out, since they'll be different for everyonepost #9 of 139/18/11 at 12:47pm
Amping will only have a dramatic impact on SQ on larger headphones (especially circumaurals) because a good deal of imaging is present in larger cans, which allows you to notice very subtle differences (and changes, if you amp / DAC as opposed to vanilla) in sound quality.post #10 of 139/18/11 at 5:18pmQuote:
I find having a pair of *phones* to plug into that iPod tends to make me a lot happier ;)post #11 of 139/19/11 at 1:18pmpost #12 of 139/19/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
which iem would benefit more from using an amp? i used to have a pair of m3 but my gf smashed them. and i read alot from here that the re0 are also really good but dont have a lot of bass in them. so which one should i get that would benefit more from an amp? will be ordering these 2 things in a week or so after i get my audioengine a5 :P
- is there a reason why i should try an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 17 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Hot Alice here... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)