so i plan on getting the m3 or the re0. i will be using the iems with iphone or my ipod touch. i was contemplating if i should see if there is any use of having an amp. the amp i was thinking of getting was the e11. and since this would be the first time i would be using an amp im not sure what the use is for lol. what do you guys think? is there any reason why i should try out an amp?
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for amp to pair with HD650, maybe sub-$500 (maybe not) Last post on 1/11/12 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BRAINWAVZ: M3 B2 or even M4 ? Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was contacted by Brainwavz to review their new S5 in ear monitor. The set I received was a full retail package, but was provided to me by the manufacturer free of charge for review purposes. I...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
is there a reason why i should try an amp?post #1 of 139/16/11 at 2:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/16/11 at 9:08pm
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.post #3 of 139/17/11 at 10:09pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.
ok so i hook that fiio l3 to the e11 and my headphones to the e11? will adding an amp really make a difference in listening of music? if it does i will no doubt get one to try lol.post #4 of 139/17/11 at 10:19pm
If you don't have your player's volume turned up past 50%, there's not much use for an amp. Even then it would only matter if you're getting audible clipping and distortion, or you have quiet songs that need more headroom than you're getting.
I still don't know why an uncolored amp would make a real difference if there's enough power available without one.post #5 of 139/17/11 at 10:47pm
The only reason I can see getting an amp for those IEMs, more specifically the RE0, is for the bass boost. Otherwise, I doubt amping either of them will make much of a difference at all...you'd have to listen really, really hard to find any difference whatsoever between them amped and unamped.post #6 of 139/18/11 at 1:16am
Part of the point is to use the player's "line-out". Also,
Oh boy, here we go again. Gotta love this forum.post #7 of 139/18/11 at 12:34pmpost #8 of 139/18/11 at 12:41pm
I put that statement there to avoid vague stuff like "It's not about volume!" or "brings out potential", not necessarily to demand information. Keeps misleading subjective impressions out, since they'll be different for everyonepost #9 of 139/18/11 at 12:47pm
Amping will only have a dramatic impact on SQ on larger headphones (especially circumaurals) because a good deal of imaging is present in larger cans, which allows you to notice very subtle differences (and changes, if you amp / DAC as opposed to vanilla) in sound quality.post #10 of 139/18/11 at 5:18pmQuote:
I find having a pair of *phones* to plug into that iPod tends to make me a lot happier ;)post #11 of 139/19/11 at 1:18pmpost #12 of 139/19/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
which iem would benefit more from using an amp? i used to have a pair of m3 but my gf smashed them. and i read alot from here that the re0 are also really good but dont have a lot of bass in them. so which one should i get that would benefit more from an amp? will be ordering these 2 things in a week or so after i get my audioengine a5 :P
- is there a reason why i should try an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing 1 minute ago
- › Looking for some good closed back headphones ~$130 (more details... 1 minute ago
- › AKG Q701 Green 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamics DT880-250 ohms vs Sennheiser 598 (or something else) 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 3 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 3 minutes ago
- › Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p.... 4 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jasonb
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)