so i plan on getting the m3 or the re0. i will be using the iems with iphone or my ipod touch. i was contemplating if i should see if there is any use of having an amp. the amp i was thinking of getting was the e11. and since this would be the first time i would be using an amp im not sure what the use is for lol. what do you guys think? is there any reason why i should try out an amp?
Related Forum Threads
- Best portable rig under $200-$250? Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for amp to pair with HD650, maybe sub-$500 (maybe not) Last post on 1/11/12 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BRAINWAVZ: M3 B2 or even M4 ? Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
is there a reason why i should try an amp?post #1 of 139/16/11 at 2:14amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/16/11 at 9:08pm
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.post #3 of 139/17/11 at 10:09pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Get a line-out dock (i.e. Fiio L3) along with the amplifier. You insert the dock into the ipod and then connect the other end of the cable to the amp, and so you use the line-out instead of the headphone out. You get better sound that way in addition to the amp itself bringing out a bit more of RE0's potential.
ok so i hook that fiio l3 to the e11 and my headphones to the e11? will adding an amp really make a difference in listening of music? if it does i will no doubt get one to try lol.post #4 of 139/17/11 at 10:19pm
If you don't have your player's volume turned up past 50%, there's not much use for an amp. Even then it would only matter if you're getting audible clipping and distortion, or you have quiet songs that need more headroom than you're getting.
I still don't know why an uncolored amp would make a real difference if there's enough power available without one.post #5 of 139/17/11 at 10:47pm
The only reason I can see getting an amp for those IEMs, more specifically the RE0, is for the bass boost. Otherwise, I doubt amping either of them will make much of a difference at all...you'd have to listen really, really hard to find any difference whatsoever between them amped and unamped.post #6 of 139/18/11 at 1:16am
Part of the point is to use the player's "line-out". Also,
Oh boy, here we go again. Gotta love this forum.post #7 of 139/18/11 at 12:34pmpost #8 of 139/18/11 at 12:41pm
I put that statement there to avoid vague stuff like "It's not about volume!" or "brings out potential", not necessarily to demand information. Keeps misleading subjective impressions out, since they'll be different for everyonepost #9 of 139/18/11 at 12:47pm
Amping will only have a dramatic impact on SQ on larger headphones (especially circumaurals) because a good deal of imaging is present in larger cans, which allows you to notice very subtle differences (and changes, if you amp / DAC as opposed to vanilla) in sound quality.post #10 of 139/18/11 at 5:18pmQuote:
I find having a pair of *phones* to plug into that iPod tends to make me a lot happier ;)post #11 of 139/19/11 at 1:18pmpost #12 of 139/19/11 at 1:32pmThread Starter
which iem would benefit more from using an amp? i used to have a pair of m3 but my gf smashed them. and i read alot from here that the re0 are also really good but dont have a lot of bass in them. so which one should i get that would benefit more from an amp? will be ordering these 2 things in a week or so after i get my audioengine a5 :P
- is there a reason why i should try an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Portable Mini-to-Mini Cables Quick Impressions 5 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 26 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 31 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol) 1 minute ago
- › S5 Review by EricP 1 minute ago
- › Skullcandy Titan Earbud Issues 2 minutes ago
- › New! Focal Spirit Pro? 2 minutes ago
- › Cardas EM5813 Ear Speakers Now Available 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)