Right now I'm looking at the Yuin G2A, ATH-EW7 (if I can find them), and ATH-EW9s. I've heard the Yuin's are great but how do they compare to the ATH phones?
Related Forum Threads
- Budget Headphones between $60-100 Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser PX 100-II bass issues? Last post on 10/13/13 at 12:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Porta Pro VS KSC75 Last post on 6/30/12 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-range comfortable headphones for daily listening Last post on 11/24/11 at 5:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS? Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Recommendations for clip-on headphones?post #1 of 159/15/11 at 10:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 159/16/11 at 4:55am
For clip on (I assume you mean ear-clip?), you can't do better than the Koss KSC75. Just read the reviews and how they keep outperforming bigtime. They are relatively cheap and have extremely good sound quality.post #3 of 159/16/11 at 5:14am
I have the EW9s, well I think that’s what they are - they are made by AT, have a wood cover and clip over the ears. They are beautifully made, have a low microphonic cable and I find them quite comfortable once you have learnt to put them on. Unfortunately though they have very little bass, and for my taste I need about +7dB at 100Hz to make them sound like ‘proper’ headphones. However the midrange and the HF are very nice.post #4 of 159/16/11 at 9:56ampost #5 of 159/16/11 at 12:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 159/16/11 at 12:45pm
I'd get the EW9. It is one of a kind and in its own class. It's expertly carved out of Japanese Sakura wood. They are rare to get now because of the earthquake and stuff. So definitely getting one now would add a lot to the collectible value. Also the wood adds a special flavor to the acoustics. Vocals and high are just beautiful. It's true they lack bass... more because of the lack of isolation than because of how they sound. If you push them onto your ears you get awesome bass.
If you are just looking for value, get Yuin G2A. If you are on a budget, get Koss.
There is like no demand for clip-ons, so nobody's developing them anymore, except maybe ATH once in a while. They don't isolate, they have weak bass, they don't' stay on as well as sports earphones, and they are bulky compared to IEMs.post #7 of 159/16/11 at 1:05pmThread Starterpost #8 of 159/16/11 at 2:07pm
I own the Yuin G2A and the discontinued Pioneer SE-EX9 clip-on earphones. I enjoy them both, but find the Yuin to be slightly more balanced overall while the Pioneer is more forward and in your face...
I haven't tried any other clip on earphones but I'm slightly considering the JVC/Victor HP-AL1000. But the highs seem to be too piercing out of the box and the HP-AL1000 require either amping or modding, or both, to sound good...
You can find the Yuin G2A for around $50 on Ebay. I bought mine from there and I recommend them. They do not isolate at all, but if you are in a relatively quiet place, they sound really nice.
Have you seen this thread?
I think you can find answers to your questions there...post #9 of 159/16/11 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #10 of 159/17/11 at 10:54amQuote:
Hmmm... I don't think so. I bought mine second hand while living in Japan last year. They were already then discontinued. I did see another Pioneer clip-on earphone, the SE-EX7, during the first six months of my stay. Then they disappeared as well. I think they were sold mostly in Japan and east asia. So I think that your safest bet would be the Yuin G2A. You could get those and keep an eye open for the Pioneer clip-on phones...post #11 of 159/17/11 at 12:06pmQuote:
Yup, they're small clip-ons, or earbuds with earclips, whatever you wanna call them. The thing is, they outclass the whole range of larger Audio Technica clip-ons by quite some margin (I've heard most of them). Here's a review that is pretty much spot-on imo. Sadly there are a lot of fakes out there, but the real thing is a winner.
That said, among the larger ATHs I'd choose the EM700ti over the EW9, since they have lower profile and slightly better sound quality. Of course the EW9 are lookers, no doubt about that. The clips are very high quality on all ATHs. Again, watch out for fakes and best to buy only from authorized/trusted dealers.
Oh, and KSC75 are great bang for buck, but to my ears not quite on the same level as ATH clip-ons.post #12 of 1511/10/16 at 7:59pmhttp://m.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-Japan-ATH-EC707-EARSUIT-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Sport-type-/371754616772?_trkparms=aid%253D222007%2526algo%253DSIC.MBE%2526ao%253D1%2526asc%253D20150519202348%2526meid%253D0985519ed1814e998f0432f99aa14ce2%2526pid%253D100408%2526rk%253D2%2526rkt%253D25%2526sd%253D252608755169&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460
Is this legit? I'm actually very interested in purchasing this but I can barely find it anywherepost #13 of 1511/10/16 at 8:01pmebay com itm/Audio-Technica-Japan-ATH-EC707-EARSUIT-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Sport-type-/371754616772?_trkparms=aid%253D222007%2526algo%253DSIC.MBE%2526ao%253D1%2526asc%253D20150519202348%2526meid%253D0985519ed1814e998f0432f99aa14ce2%2526pid%253D100408%2526rk%253D2%2526rkt%253D25%2526sd%253D252608755169&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460
(replace the first space with a dot and second with a /. Not enough rep yet)
Are these legit? I'm very interested in buying the ATH-EC700 but can't really find them anywherepost #14 of 1511/10/16 at 8:27pm
- Recommendations for clip-on headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 28 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 !st Generation 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear