I'm just wondering how bad of a headphone (sound quality and sturdiness) are the Beats Solo, Studio, and Pro.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- beats vs sennhieser? Last post on 9/6/12 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Beat Pros (They were a gift) Last post on 1/16/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
Beatspost #1 of 809/15/11 at 7:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 809/15/11 at 7:20pmpost #3 of 809/15/11 at 7:21pmpost #4 of 809/15/11 at 7:22pm
The Pro are the best out of the bunch, yet at 3X the price you can get around here. I mean the value with sound quality. You can get better sound with your money if you ask about here.
Solo and studio break easily
The only Monster Product I can recommend is their Turbines and Tributes.
Look at the line of Ultrasone, you'll spend your money better with them.post #5 of 809/15/11 at 7:24pmpost #6 of 809/15/11 at 7:25pmpost #7 of 809/16/11 at 9:24am
ahhahahah....I've just tried the Beats Studio two days ago at the local electronic store, very very nice earpads and light too. The bass was quite good actually....
I'm definitely returning to try them again....lolpost #8 of 8011/10/11 at 8:26am
I think the studios work well for Lil Wayne and that style of rap. The bass is moving, and it isn't a bass monster as people claim it to be. It is actually a bit more relaxing and you can feel it in your chest. The biggest problem I have with my pair of beats, and the reason I'm selling them, is because listening for longer than 20 minutes makes my head hurt. And I'm not the only one! The sound is a bit too pushed and it just makes my head hurt. (Keep in mind the comfort of the studios is great). I think it's a misconception that the sound is [i]bad[/i], it's not bad, just pushed.post #9 of 8011/10/11 at 8:32amYour head hurts, yet you can feel the bass in your chest. I wonder why your head hurts!If you're listening loud enough to the point the bass pressure is felt in your chest, chances are you're losing your hearing.post #10 of 8011/10/11 at 8:35am
I had the studio edition, and soon after i sold them, got westone 3( yeah its IEM) but wayyy better than the beats, knowing that i dont use amplifier and as far as i know the beats have integrated one, the beats cant even get close to westone..
Although to some1 who has never used semi-pro or pro headphones the beats sound amazing, that's why so many ppl buy them and ofc they are ¨beats¨post #11 of 8011/10/11 at 8:37am
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.post #12 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40amQuote:
I agree. There must be some ridiculous distortion at those levels. Especially with those headphones.post #13 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40ampost #14 of 8011/10/11 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by ThomasH
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.
I personally have never found that to be the case with any headphone I've had or tested, including the beats. I've been tricked into thinking I could feel extremely low bass in my chest from D2000, but never feel it. What songs do you get that 'in your chest' feeling from?post #15 of 8011/11/11 at 9:04am
None of the three larger Beats models are worth their asking prices at all. The Beats Solo is by far the worst sounding (as well as the biggest rip-off) of the lot; in fact, they actually sound as wretched as or worse than even $10 Walkman-type headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 25 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Which Headphones Should I Buy? 1 minute ago
- › RHA T20 Tour Program - Reviewers Wanted! 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)