I'm just wondering how bad of a headphone (sound quality and sturdiness) are the Beats Solo, Studio, and Pro.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- beats vs sennhieser? Last post on 9/6/12 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Beat Pros (They were a gift) Last post on 1/16/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
Beatspost #1 of 809/15/11 at 7:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 809/15/11 at 7:20pmpost #3 of 809/15/11 at 7:21pmpost #4 of 809/15/11 at 7:22pm
The Pro are the best out of the bunch, yet at 3X the price you can get around here. I mean the value with sound quality. You can get better sound with your money if you ask about here.
Solo and studio break easily
The only Monster Product I can recommend is their Turbines and Tributes.
Look at the line of Ultrasone, you'll spend your money better with them.post #5 of 809/15/11 at 7:24pmpost #6 of 809/15/11 at 7:25pmpost #7 of 809/16/11 at 9:24am
ahhahahah....I've just tried the Beats Studio two days ago at the local electronic store, very very nice earpads and light too. The bass was quite good actually....
I'm definitely returning to try them again....lolpost #8 of 8011/10/11 at 8:26am
I think the studios work well for Lil Wayne and that style of rap. The bass is moving, and it isn't a bass monster as people claim it to be. It is actually a bit more relaxing and you can feel it in your chest. The biggest problem I have with my pair of beats, and the reason I'm selling them, is because listening for longer than 20 minutes makes my head hurt. And I'm not the only one! The sound is a bit too pushed and it just makes my head hurt. (Keep in mind the comfort of the studios is great). I think it's a misconception that the sound is [i]bad[/i], it's not bad, just pushed.post #9 of 8011/10/11 at 8:32amYour head hurts, yet you can feel the bass in your chest. I wonder why your head hurts!If you're listening loud enough to the point the bass pressure is felt in your chest, chances are you're losing your hearing.post #10 of 8011/10/11 at 8:35am
I had the studio edition, and soon after i sold them, got westone 3( yeah its IEM) but wayyy better than the beats, knowing that i dont use amplifier and as far as i know the beats have integrated one, the beats cant even get close to westone..
Although to some1 who has never used semi-pro or pro headphones the beats sound amazing, that's why so many ppl buy them and ofc they are ¨beats¨post #11 of 8011/10/11 at 8:37am
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.post #12 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40amQuote:
I agree. There must be some ridiculous distortion at those levels. Especially with those headphones.post #13 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40ampost #14 of 8011/10/11 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by ThomasH
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.
I personally have never found that to be the case with any headphone I've had or tested, including the beats. I've been tricked into thinking I could feel extremely low bass in my chest from D2000, but never feel it. What songs do you get that 'in your chest' feeling from?post #15 of 8011/11/11 at 9:04am
None of the three larger Beats models are worth their asking prices at all. The Beats Solo is by far the worst sounding (as well as the biggest rip-off) of the lot; in fact, they actually sound as wretched as or worse than even $10 Walkman-type headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › IEMs with detachable cables? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Question about self-titled The Doors album on HDTracks 4 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender? 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2