I'm just wondering how bad of a headphone (sound quality and sturdiness) are the Beats Solo, Studio, and Pro.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- beats vs sennhieser? Last post on 9/6/12 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Remove Sennheiser 598 cushions and replace them. Last post on 10/7/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones by Beats by Dr Dre Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Beatspost #1 of 809/15/11 at 7:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 809/15/11 at 7:20pmpost #3 of 809/15/11 at 7:21pmpost #4 of 809/15/11 at 7:22pm
The Pro are the best out of the bunch, yet at 3X the price you can get around here. I mean the value with sound quality. You can get better sound with your money if you ask about here.
Solo and studio break easily
The only Monster Product I can recommend is their Turbines and Tributes.
Look at the line of Ultrasone, you'll spend your money better with them.post #5 of 809/15/11 at 7:24pmpost #6 of 809/15/11 at 7:25pmpost #7 of 809/16/11 at 9:24am
ahhahahah....I've just tried the Beats Studio two days ago at the local electronic store, very very nice earpads and light too. The bass was quite good actually....
I'm definitely returning to try them again....lolpost #8 of 8011/10/11 at 8:26am
I think the studios work well for Lil Wayne and that style of rap. The bass is moving, and it isn't a bass monster as people claim it to be. It is actually a bit more relaxing and you can feel it in your chest. The biggest problem I have with my pair of beats, and the reason I'm selling them, is because listening for longer than 20 minutes makes my head hurt. And I'm not the only one! The sound is a bit too pushed and it just makes my head hurt. (Keep in mind the comfort of the studios is great). I think it's a misconception that the sound is [i]bad[/i], it's not bad, just pushed.post #9 of 8011/10/11 at 8:32amYour head hurts, yet you can feel the bass in your chest. I wonder why your head hurts!If you're listening loud enough to the point the bass pressure is felt in your chest, chances are you're losing your hearing.post #10 of 8011/10/11 at 8:35am
I had the studio edition, and soon after i sold them, got westone 3( yeah its IEM) but wayyy better than the beats, knowing that i dont use amplifier and as far as i know the beats have integrated one, the beats cant even get close to westone..
Although to some1 who has never used semi-pro or pro headphones the beats sound amazing, that's why so many ppl buy them and ofc they are ¨beats¨post #11 of 8011/10/11 at 8:37am
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.post #12 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40amQuote:
I agree. There must be some ridiculous distortion at those levels. Especially with those headphones.post #13 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40ampost #14 of 8011/10/11 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by ThomasH
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.
I personally have never found that to be the case with any headphone I've had or tested, including the beats. I've been tricked into thinking I could feel extremely low bass in my chest from D2000, but never feel it. What songs do you get that 'in your chest' feeling from?post #15 of 8011/11/11 at 9:04am
None of the three larger Beats models are worth their asking prices at all. The Beats Solo is by far the worst sounding (as well as the biggest rip-off) of the lot; in fact, they actually sound as wretched as or worse than even $10 Walkman-type headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 8 seconds ago
- › Is this jack cable "safe" to use? 12 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 27 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 35 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 37 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)