I'm just wondering how bad of a headphone (sound quality and sturdiness) are the Beats Solo, Studio, and Pro.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- beats vs sennhieser? Last post on 9/6/12 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Remove Sennheiser 598 cushions and replace them. Last post on 10/7/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones by Beats by Dr Dre Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
Beatspost #1 of 809/15/11 at 7:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 809/15/11 at 7:20pmpost #3 of 809/15/11 at 7:21pmpost #4 of 809/15/11 at 7:22pm
The Pro are the best out of the bunch, yet at 3X the price you can get around here. I mean the value with sound quality. You can get better sound with your money if you ask about here.
Solo and studio break easily
The only Monster Product I can recommend is their Turbines and Tributes.
Look at the line of Ultrasone, you'll spend your money better with them.post #5 of 809/15/11 at 7:24pmpost #6 of 809/15/11 at 7:25pmpost #7 of 809/16/11 at 9:24am
ahhahahah....I've just tried the Beats Studio two days ago at the local electronic store, very very nice earpads and light too. The bass was quite good actually....
I'm definitely returning to try them again....lolpost #8 of 8011/10/11 at 8:26am
I think the studios work well for Lil Wayne and that style of rap. The bass is moving, and it isn't a bass monster as people claim it to be. It is actually a bit more relaxing and you can feel it in your chest. The biggest problem I have with my pair of beats, and the reason I'm selling them, is because listening for longer than 20 minutes makes my head hurt. And I'm not the only one! The sound is a bit too pushed and it just makes my head hurt. (Keep in mind the comfort of the studios is great). I think it's a misconception that the sound is [i]bad[/i], it's not bad, just pushed.post #9 of 8011/10/11 at 8:32amYour head hurts, yet you can feel the bass in your chest. I wonder why your head hurts!If you're listening loud enough to the point the bass pressure is felt in your chest, chances are you're losing your hearing.post #10 of 8011/10/11 at 8:35am
I had the studio edition, and soon after i sold them, got westone 3( yeah its IEM) but wayyy better than the beats, knowing that i dont use amplifier and as far as i know the beats have integrated one, the beats cant even get close to westone..
Although to some1 who has never used semi-pro or pro headphones the beats sound amazing, that's why so many ppl buy them and ofc they are ¨beats¨post #11 of 8011/10/11 at 8:37am
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.post #12 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40amQuote:
I agree. There must be some ridiculous distortion at those levels. Especially with those headphones.post #13 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40ampost #14 of 8011/10/11 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by ThomasH
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.
I personally have never found that to be the case with any headphone I've had or tested, including the beats. I've been tricked into thinking I could feel extremely low bass in my chest from D2000, but never feel it. What songs do you get that 'in your chest' feeling from?post #15 of 8011/11/11 at 9:04am
None of the three larger Beats models are worth their asking prices at all. The Beats Solo is by far the worst sounding (as well as the biggest rip-off) of the lot; in fact, they actually sound as wretched as or worse than even $10 Walkman-type headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 28 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)