I'm just wondering how bad of a headphone (sound quality and sturdiness) are the Beats Solo, Studio, and Pro.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- beats vs sennhieser? Last post on 9/6/12 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Remove Sennheiser 598 cushions and replace them. Last post on 10/7/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones by Beats by Dr Dre Last post on 3/9/12 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Beatspost #1 of 809/15/11 at 7:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 809/15/11 at 7:20pmpost #3 of 809/15/11 at 7:21pmpost #4 of 809/15/11 at 7:22pm
The Pro are the best out of the bunch, yet at 3X the price you can get around here. I mean the value with sound quality. You can get better sound with your money if you ask about here.
Solo and studio break easily
The only Monster Product I can recommend is their Turbines and Tributes.
Look at the line of Ultrasone, you'll spend your money better with them.post #5 of 809/15/11 at 7:24pmpost #6 of 809/15/11 at 7:25pmpost #7 of 809/16/11 at 9:24am
ahhahahah....I've just tried the Beats Studio two days ago at the local electronic store, very very nice earpads and light too. The bass was quite good actually....
I'm definitely returning to try them again....lolpost #8 of 8011/10/11 at 8:26am
I think the studios work well for Lil Wayne and that style of rap. The bass is moving, and it isn't a bass monster as people claim it to be. It is actually a bit more relaxing and you can feel it in your chest. The biggest problem I have with my pair of beats, and the reason I'm selling them, is because listening for longer than 20 minutes makes my head hurt. And I'm not the only one! The sound is a bit too pushed and it just makes my head hurt. (Keep in mind the comfort of the studios is great). I think it's a misconception that the sound is [i]bad[/i], it's not bad, just pushed.post #9 of 8011/10/11 at 8:32amYour head hurts, yet you can feel the bass in your chest. I wonder why your head hurts!If you're listening loud enough to the point the bass pressure is felt in your chest, chances are you're losing your hearing.post #10 of 8011/10/11 at 8:35am
I had the studio edition, and soon after i sold them, got westone 3( yeah its IEM) but wayyy better than the beats, knowing that i dont use amplifier and as far as i know the beats have integrated one, the beats cant even get close to westone..
Although to some1 who has never used semi-pro or pro headphones the beats sound amazing, that's why so many ppl buy them and ofc they are ¨beats¨post #11 of 8011/10/11 at 8:37am
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.post #12 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40amQuote:
I agree. There must be some ridiculous distortion at those levels. Especially with those headphones.post #13 of 8011/10/11 at 8:40ampost #14 of 8011/10/11 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by ThomasH
It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.
I personally have never found that to be the case with any headphone I've had or tested, including the beats. I've been tricked into thinking I could feel extremely low bass in my chest from D2000, but never feel it. What songs do you get that 'in your chest' feeling from?post #15 of 8011/11/11 at 9:04am
None of the three larger Beats models are worth their asking prices at all. The Beats Solo is by far the worst sounding (as well as the biggest rip-off) of the lot; in fact, they actually sound as wretched as or worse than even $10 Walkman-type headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 11 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 26 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 6 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed headphones under $200 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)