Hahaha don't you hate that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 67post #991 of 151312/13/13 at 7:38pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #992 of 151312/13/13 at 8:02pmpost #993 of 151312/14/13 at 12:12am
Worst headphones I have ever heard? Some stupid dinky ones from the dollar general. I needed them to house some new drivers for a weekend project.
Worst ever headphones I have listened to that could be considered real headphones? I do not know, but I can say that I know of one that is terribly over priced and poplar that sounds pretty bad.
Sennheiser HD800s. Don't get me wrong, they have great clarity, and have great sound stage.......but everything else is pretty bad. It seems like they sacrificed bass, mids, and any hopes of having a natural sound all for the sake of transparency.
I have tried different amps, dacs, cables, everything. I simply can not find a way for these things to have the same full sound that even the HD600 has.
The worst thing is the price. For 600 bucks they would be ok, but for 1300+........no.post #994 of 151312/14/13 at 12:19ampost #995 of 151312/14/13 at 12:25am
Bought them back when I was using cheap iems. Threw away the receipt, then realized this headphone had rolled off bass and midrange starting at 500 Hz, and elevated treble. It even hurt my untrained ears at the time. Threw them away in the trash a day later.post #996 of 151312/14/13 at 7:47am
I've heard the Monster DNA. Shrill highs and noticed some distortion at high volumes (past 70%) + uncomfortable.
Now going to my list of worst sounding headphones.post #997 of 151312/14/13 at 7:51pm
Bought this as 12 yo expecting same quality of my broken Philips ear buds. My second earphone, worst this ever made by man, it's like a medieval torture tool.post #998 of 151312/14/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by YuriMetal
Bought this as 12 yo expecting same quality of my broken Philips ear buds. My second earphone, worst this ever made by man, it's like a medieval torture tool.
those look like the crap earbuds sold on ebay for $3.00post #999 of 151312/14/13 at 10:31pm
I bought some earbuds at the dollar store for...you guessed it, one dollar! They sounded like absolute ****, but I guess they did produce sound, which is about all you can expect from a one dollar set of earbuds.post #1000 of 151312/15/13 at 5:50ampost #1001 of 151312/16/13 at 4:25ampost #1002 of 151312/16/13 at 4:27ampost #1003 of 151312/16/13 at 4:30am
Hmm... The worst one I've ever heard was a pair of earbuds from "better than nothing INC." I got on a school visit. Muffled sound, no bass, trebles sounded like you were listening to a pair of speakers from 100 feet away, and the fitment was below par. Nonetheless, they were free so I just gave them away to unleash my inner Santa for the holiday season.post #1004 of 151312/16/13 at 4:41ampost #1005 of 151312/16/13 at 5:22am
for me the worst "commercial" headphone brand selling here in the Philippines is the Infiniti brand, absolutely tinny, just sooo awful, even with the cheap price tag, dont go for it. If you want hi-fi on a budget, i recommend Soundmagic (for IEM) or Superlux (for HP), they are pretty common here.
my 2 pesos, i mean my 2 cents! =)
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 11 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 57 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › [Interest Check] Tera Player 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACport 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear