Hahaha don't you hate that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 67post #991 of 151312/13/13 at 7:38pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #992 of 151312/13/13 at 8:02pmpost #993 of 151312/14/13 at 12:12am
Worst headphones I have ever heard? Some stupid dinky ones from the dollar general. I needed them to house some new drivers for a weekend project.
Worst ever headphones I have listened to that could be considered real headphones? I do not know, but I can say that I know of one that is terribly over priced and poplar that sounds pretty bad.
Sennheiser HD800s. Don't get me wrong, they have great clarity, and have great sound stage.......but everything else is pretty bad. It seems like they sacrificed bass, mids, and any hopes of having a natural sound all for the sake of transparency.
I have tried different amps, dacs, cables, everything. I simply can not find a way for these things to have the same full sound that even the HD600 has.
The worst thing is the price. For 600 bucks they would be ok, but for 1300+........no.post #994 of 151312/14/13 at 12:19ampost #995 of 151312/14/13 at 12:25am
Bought them back when I was using cheap iems. Threw away the receipt, then realized this headphone had rolled off bass and midrange starting at 500 Hz, and elevated treble. It even hurt my untrained ears at the time. Threw them away in the trash a day later.post #996 of 151312/14/13 at 7:47am
I've heard the Monster DNA. Shrill highs and noticed some distortion at high volumes (past 70%) + uncomfortable.
Now going to my list of worst sounding headphones.post #997 of 151312/14/13 at 7:51pm
Bought this as 12 yo expecting same quality of my broken Philips ear buds. My second earphone, worst this ever made by man, it's like a medieval torture tool.post #998 of 151312/14/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by YuriMetal
Bought this as 12 yo expecting same quality of my broken Philips ear buds. My second earphone, worst this ever made by man, it's like a medieval torture tool.
those look like the crap earbuds sold on ebay for $3.00post #999 of 151312/14/13 at 10:31pm
I bought some earbuds at the dollar store for...you guessed it, one dollar! They sounded like absolute ****, but I guess they did produce sound, which is about all you can expect from a one dollar set of earbuds.post #1000 of 151312/15/13 at 5:50ampost #1001 of 151312/16/13 at 4:25ampost #1002 of 151312/16/13 at 4:27ampost #1003 of 151312/16/13 at 4:30am
Hmm... The worst one I've ever heard was a pair of earbuds from "better than nothing INC." I got on a school visit. Muffled sound, no bass, trebles sounded like you were listening to a pair of speakers from 100 feet away, and the fitment was below par. Nonetheless, they were free so I just gave them away to unleash my inner Santa for the holiday season.post #1004 of 151312/16/13 at 4:41ampost #1005 of 151312/16/13 at 5:22am
for me the worst "commercial" headphone brand selling here in the Philippines is the Infiniti brand, absolutely tinny, just sooo awful, even with the cheap price tag, dont go for it. If you want hi-fi on a budget, i recommend Soundmagic (for IEM) or Superlux (for HP), they are pretty common here.
my 2 pesos, i mean my 2 cents! =)
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 20 seconds ago
- › Looking for the right headphones ($150-$500) 41 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 57 seconds ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Gold Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › I'm looking for something new. 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear