Sony MDR-NC7... worst headphone ever...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 49post #721 of 15135/3/13 at 1:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 15135/3/13 at 1:50pmpost #723 of 15135/3/13 at 3:26pm
worst iv heard besides beats and airline headphones would be these cheapo ear buds i found off the ground. They were crusty and old but i was like mehh what ever so i plugged them in my ipod and put them on jokingly and well....i decided to burn them in my fire place when i got home. "they sounded like beats btw"post #724 of 15135/3/13 at 3:39pmpost #725 of 15135/3/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
It's probably all about perspective. Since you were at Jaben, you had access to a million great pairs of headphones and probably demoed them at the same time you listened to the Tracks.
However, most of us have heard them at Best Buy among the stand with Souls, Beats, and the horrid new Sony X-series. Compared to those monstrosities, the SOL Republic product is quick on its feet, light on the bass, and better-tuned overall to more than just a few genres.
They're still pretty bad and way too bassy (almost on the level of the Klipsch Reference One), but it's all about what they're being compared to.post #726 of 15135/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #727 of 15135/3/13 at 9:26pmpost #728 of 15135/3/13 at 9:36pm
the highs not as shrilly, the bass has a more full bodied texture..must be the LEATHER , yummy.
the drivers/interiors are not modded in anyway.
this is my 2nd pair of pro900 now...its dual entry...for my audiogd balanced amp.post #729 of 15135/13/13 at 7:05ampost #730 of 15135/13/13 at 7:08ampost #731 of 15135/13/13 at 7:09ampost #732 of 15135/13/13 at 8:54am
It really depends on what you are looking for. They are bass driven headphones using the Sensation55 driver. The midrange and highs are strikingly unimpressive but don't perform badly.
I did do a brief impressions review if you want to read more about it. And others have contributed there as well.
"Are they worth $99?" If you are looking for something with excessive fun vibrating bass? Yes. I'd say so. If I had the extra money, I could see myself buying a pair for use with movies at home. For general music listening for me? I really couldn't see myself enjoying it. I don't have enough of the music that these really excel with on my playlist. I had enough to do the impressions with though.
And I agree... they are fun as long as your ears can handle the vibrationspost #733 of 15135/13/13 at 9:07am
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.post #734 of 15135/13/13 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by elbastardo
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.
I know the ones. Somebody at my old high school had a pair that he thought were absolutely fantastic, and they just sounded like static.
Edited by ssrock64 - 5/13/13 at 12:15pm
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 6 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 13 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Mixamp + HD598 + Modmic for a PS4 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 Headphone (Mint - Less than 50 hours) 2 minutes ago
- › A comparison between AD700 / AD900 / AD1000 / AD2000 3 minutes ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)