Sony MDR-NC7... worst headphone ever...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 49post #721 of 15135/3/13 at 1:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 15135/3/13 at 1:50pmpost #723 of 15135/3/13 at 3:26pm
worst iv heard besides beats and airline headphones would be these cheapo ear buds i found off the ground. They were crusty and old but i was like mehh what ever so i plugged them in my ipod and put them on jokingly and well....i decided to burn them in my fire place when i got home. "they sounded like beats btw"post #724 of 15135/3/13 at 3:39pmpost #725 of 15135/3/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
It's probably all about perspective. Since you were at Jaben, you had access to a million great pairs of headphones and probably demoed them at the same time you listened to the Tracks.
However, most of us have heard them at Best Buy among the stand with Souls, Beats, and the horrid new Sony X-series. Compared to those monstrosities, the SOL Republic product is quick on its feet, light on the bass, and better-tuned overall to more than just a few genres.
They're still pretty bad and way too bassy (almost on the level of the Klipsch Reference One), but it's all about what they're being compared to.post #726 of 15135/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #727 of 15135/3/13 at 9:26pmpost #728 of 15135/3/13 at 9:36pm
the highs not as shrilly, the bass has a more full bodied texture..must be the LEATHER , yummy.
the drivers/interiors are not modded in anyway.
this is my 2nd pair of pro900 now...its dual entry...for my audiogd balanced amp.post #729 of 15135/13/13 at 7:05ampost #730 of 15135/13/13 at 7:08ampost #731 of 15135/13/13 at 7:09ampost #732 of 15135/13/13 at 8:54am
It really depends on what you are looking for. They are bass driven headphones using the Sensation55 driver. The midrange and highs are strikingly unimpressive but don't perform badly.
I did do a brief impressions review if you want to read more about it. And others have contributed there as well.
"Are they worth $99?" If you are looking for something with excessive fun vibrating bass? Yes. I'd say so. If I had the extra money, I could see myself buying a pair for use with movies at home. For general music listening for me? I really couldn't see myself enjoying it. I don't have enough of the music that these really excel with on my playlist. I had enough to do the impressions with though.
And I agree... they are fun as long as your ears can handle the vibrationspost #733 of 15135/13/13 at 9:07am
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.post #734 of 15135/13/13 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by elbastardo
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.
I know the ones. Somebody at my old high school had a pair that he thought were absolutely fantastic, and they just sounded like static.
Edited by ssrock64 - 5/13/13 at 12:15pmpost #735 of 15135/13/13 at 10:29am
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audiophile Computer - Ex Condition - Like New 51 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 4 minutes ago
- › HD-Bluetooth TESLA Headphones from AK-Beyerdynamic (24-bit aptX-HD)... 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...