Sony MDR-NC7... worst headphone ever...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 49post #721 of 15135/3/13 at 1:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 15135/3/13 at 1:50pmpost #723 of 15135/3/13 at 3:26pm
worst iv heard besides beats and airline headphones would be these cheapo ear buds i found off the ground. They were crusty and old but i was like mehh what ever so i plugged them in my ipod and put them on jokingly and well....i decided to burn them in my fire place when i got home. "they sounded like beats btw"post #724 of 15135/3/13 at 3:39pmpost #725 of 15135/3/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
It's probably all about perspective. Since you were at Jaben, you had access to a million great pairs of headphones and probably demoed them at the same time you listened to the Tracks.
However, most of us have heard them at Best Buy among the stand with Souls, Beats, and the horrid new Sony X-series. Compared to those monstrosities, the SOL Republic product is quick on its feet, light on the bass, and better-tuned overall to more than just a few genres.
They're still pretty bad and way too bassy (almost on the level of the Klipsch Reference One), but it's all about what they're being compared to.post #726 of 15135/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #727 of 15135/3/13 at 9:26pmpost #728 of 15135/3/13 at 9:36pm
the highs not as shrilly, the bass has a more full bodied texture..must be the LEATHER , yummy.
the drivers/interiors are not modded in anyway.
this is my 2nd pair of pro900 now...its dual entry...for my audiogd balanced amp.post #729 of 15135/13/13 at 7:05ampost #730 of 15135/13/13 at 7:08ampost #731 of 15135/13/13 at 7:09ampost #732 of 15135/13/13 at 8:54am
It really depends on what you are looking for. They are bass driven headphones using the Sensation55 driver. The midrange and highs are strikingly unimpressive but don't perform badly.
I did do a brief impressions review if you want to read more about it. And others have contributed there as well.
"Are they worth $99?" If you are looking for something with excessive fun vibrating bass? Yes. I'd say so. If I had the extra money, I could see myself buying a pair for use with movies at home. For general music listening for me? I really couldn't see myself enjoying it. I don't have enough of the music that these really excel with on my playlist. I had enough to do the impressions with though.
And I agree... they are fun as long as your ears can handle the vibrationspost #733 of 15135/13/13 at 9:07am
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.post #734 of 15135/13/13 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by elbastardo
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.
I know the ones. Somebody at my old high school had a pair that he thought were absolutely fantastic, and they just sounded like static.
Edited by ssrock64 - 5/13/13 at 12:15pmpost #735 of 15135/13/13 at 10:29am
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 1 minute ago
- › Brand new - Denon AH-C300 iems - Bass lovers galore - Free... 2 minutes ago
- › when to stop fixing headphones and buy new? 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Ambient Acoustics Laboratory — CIEM makers from Ukraine 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 10 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 10 minutes ago
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...