Sony MDR-NC7... worst headphone ever...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 49post #721 of 15135/3/13 at 1:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 15135/3/13 at 1:50pmpost #723 of 15135/3/13 at 3:26pm
worst iv heard besides beats and airline headphones would be these cheapo ear buds i found off the ground. They were crusty and old but i was like mehh what ever so i plugged them in my ipod and put them on jokingly and well....i decided to burn them in my fire place when i got home. "they sounded like beats btw"post #724 of 15135/3/13 at 3:39pmpost #725 of 15135/3/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
It's probably all about perspective. Since you were at Jaben, you had access to a million great pairs of headphones and probably demoed them at the same time you listened to the Tracks.
However, most of us have heard them at Best Buy among the stand with Souls, Beats, and the horrid new Sony X-series. Compared to those monstrosities, the SOL Republic product is quick on its feet, light on the bass, and better-tuned overall to more than just a few genres.
They're still pretty bad and way too bassy (almost on the level of the Klipsch Reference One), but it's all about what they're being compared to.post #726 of 15135/3/13 at 9:21pmpost #727 of 15135/3/13 at 9:26pmpost #728 of 15135/3/13 at 9:36pm
the highs not as shrilly, the bass has a more full bodied texture..must be the LEATHER , yummy.
the drivers/interiors are not modded in anyway.
this is my 2nd pair of pro900 now...its dual entry...for my audiogd balanced amp.post #729 of 15135/13/13 at 7:05ampost #730 of 15135/13/13 at 7:08ampost #731 of 15135/13/13 at 7:09ampost #732 of 15135/13/13 at 8:54am
It really depends on what you are looking for. They are bass driven headphones using the Sensation55 driver. The midrange and highs are strikingly unimpressive but don't perform badly.
I did do a brief impressions review if you want to read more about it. And others have contributed there as well.
"Are they worth $99?" If you are looking for something with excessive fun vibrating bass? Yes. I'd say so. If I had the extra money, I could see myself buying a pair for use with movies at home. For general music listening for me? I really couldn't see myself enjoying it. I don't have enough of the music that these really excel with on my playlist. I had enough to do the impressions with though.
And I agree... they are fun as long as your ears can handle the vibrationspost #733 of 15135/13/13 at 9:07am
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.post #734 of 15135/13/13 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by elbastardo
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.
I know the ones. Somebody at my old high school had a pair that he thought were absolutely fantastic, and they just sounded like static.
Edited by ssrock64 - 5/13/13 at 12:15pm
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III 18 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 31 seconds ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 35 seconds ago
- › Good Skrillex headphones 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE 1 minute ago
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › T-Peos Altone200 by d marc0
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)