Now you made me really curious, guys...I want to listen to these skullcrushers now!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 46post #676 of 15134/11/13 at 7:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 15134/11/13 at 7:35amQuote:
I think this is the experience of most people when they're new to headphones/audio. I definitely didn't get the full impact of how much better the sound was until I left my good headphones somewhere and had to fall back on my iPod earbuds.
To contribute to the thread: the worst headphones I ever used were the generic $10 Panasonic earbuds you can find pretty much anywhere and come with that little round case the cable rolls up into. They were appreciably worse than the iPod earbuds, which I bought them to replace. I was in college and dead broke and still just threw them away.post #678 of 15134/11/13 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by MellonCollie
I heard theyre worse than the aviators but they are actually trying to make everything work.
I'm still skeptical, they shouldve just thrown this idea down the garbage. I dont think buzzes and vibrations will ever really work, atleast they say it wont sound like crap when you turn off the "subwoofer"
I have a tiny (imagine the size of a hydrogen atom, perhaps) bit of respect for Skullcandy, since they seem to be run (if not endorsed) by good people who know that they can and occasionally will (Mix Master, Aviator) make a very good product.
That still doesn't really excuse the bright-colored, plasticky trash they put out most of the time, though, but at least they don't promote as the best thing ever to happen to your ears.post #679 of 15134/11/13 at 3:30pmpost #680 of 15134/18/13 at 2:33ampost #681 of 15134/19/13 at 9:36amYou guys have heard of The Sharper Image right? You know, the company that makes Humidifiers, Air Purifiers, and juicers? Well apparently they make earbuds too, and I had the displeasure of listening to them.
A few years ago I found some cheap replacement earbuds in Ross to use until my new Sony headphones came in, and since they were only a dollar, I decided to pick them up. These were by far the worst earbuds I've ever heard. The plastic is so jagged that it feels like you're putting a tack in your ear (Sharper Image... heh.), there's no padding, and the cord snapped after the first few days! But the sound was the worst part. They sounded more like a humidifier than a pair of earbuds. The sound was so bad that half of the time I couldn't even make out the song I was listening to. There were no highs, no lows, no mids just... God awful "noise". It was painful.
Edited by KingNigel42 - 4/19/13 at 9:57ampost #682 of 15134/19/13 at 11:02ampost #683 of 15134/28/13 at 4:58pmpost #684 of 15134/29/13 at 10:34amProbably the 1972-era Koss that I first listened to on a hi-fi, the experience that turned me on to music, sound, and head gear. It's an unfair comparison but the sound was extremely muffled, the pads were hard and made me sweat, and the high end was not there. It was like listening to an 8-track tape but the source was all vinyl early pressings. Yet...that sound got me into this in the first place. Midrange was good but muffled in that 70's gear fashion.post #685 of 15134/29/13 at 12:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by marone
Probably the 1972-era Koss that I first listened to on a hi-fi, the experience that turned me on to music, sound, and head gear. It's an unfair comparison but the sound was extremely muffled, the pads were hard and made me sweat, and the high end was not there. It was like listening to an 8-track tape but the source was all vinyl early pressings. Yet...that sound got me into this in the first place. Midrange was good but muffled in that 70's gear fashion.
The headphone that first got me into the hobby was a WeSC, so at least you have that beatpost #686 of 15134/29/13 at 4:58pmpost #687 of 15134/29/13 at 6:41pmpost #688 of 15134/30/13 at 3:52am
I regrettably heard the P5 again on Sunday when my friend showed up with one around his neck.... not as bad as the P3, but still, that mid bass hump.... *shudder*
He wouldn't listen to my advice and only compared it to the green AKG K430 as a suggestion by the shop worker. He told me the guy working there also said the P5 was designed for classical music, and not to even TRY the Momentum because it was more 'mainstream'
I specifically told him to try out LOADS of headphones before buying, but alas my words fell on deaf ears. I'm showing him my Momentums tonight. Hopefully he kept his receipt.post #689 of 15134/30/13 at 6:55ampost #690 of 15134/30/13 at 7:01am
He said that for him, the P5 was simply audio perfection - exactly what he was looking for, and we already agreed that everyone has differing preferences.
I just hope he doesn't stick to his guns because of pride, but an actual preference.
He listens to mostly heavy/thrash metal, so I think he thoroughly enjoys the super relaxed sound from them.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 36 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 57 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 3 minutes ago
- › Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones for sale or trade 4 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 5 minutes ago
- › marital discord! need headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)