Now you made me really curious, guys...I want to listen to these skullcrushers now!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 46post #676 of 15134/11/13 at 7:19am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 15134/11/13 at 7:35amQuote:
I think this is the experience of most people when they're new to headphones/audio. I definitely didn't get the full impact of how much better the sound was until I left my good headphones somewhere and had to fall back on my iPod earbuds.
To contribute to the thread: the worst headphones I ever used were the generic $10 Panasonic earbuds you can find pretty much anywhere and come with that little round case the cable rolls up into. They were appreciably worse than the iPod earbuds, which I bought them to replace. I was in college and dead broke and still just threw them away.post #678 of 15134/11/13 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by MellonCollie
I heard theyre worse than the aviators but they are actually trying to make everything work.
I'm still skeptical, they shouldve just thrown this idea down the garbage. I dont think buzzes and vibrations will ever really work, atleast they say it wont sound like crap when you turn off the "subwoofer"
I have a tiny (imagine the size of a hydrogen atom, perhaps) bit of respect for Skullcandy, since they seem to be run (if not endorsed) by good people who know that they can and occasionally will (Mix Master, Aviator) make a very good product.
That still doesn't really excuse the bright-colored, plasticky trash they put out most of the time, though, but at least they don't promote as the best thing ever to happen to your ears.post #679 of 15134/11/13 at 3:30pmpost #680 of 15134/18/13 at 2:33ampost #681 of 15134/19/13 at 9:36amYou guys have heard of The Sharper Image right? You know, the company that makes Humidifiers, Air Purifiers, and juicers? Well apparently they make earbuds too, and I had the displeasure of listening to them.
A few years ago I found some cheap replacement earbuds in Ross to use until my new Sony headphones came in, and since they were only a dollar, I decided to pick them up. These were by far the worst earbuds I've ever heard. The plastic is so jagged that it feels like you're putting a tack in your ear (Sharper Image... heh.), there's no padding, and the cord snapped after the first few days! But the sound was the worst part. They sounded more like a humidifier than a pair of earbuds. The sound was so bad that half of the time I couldn't even make out the song I was listening to. There were no highs, no lows, no mids just... God awful "noise". It was painful.
Edited by KingNigel42 - 4/19/13 at 9:57ampost #682 of 15134/19/13 at 11:02ampost #683 of 15134/28/13 at 4:58pmpost #684 of 15134/29/13 at 10:34amProbably the 1972-era Koss that I first listened to on a hi-fi, the experience that turned me on to music, sound, and head gear. It's an unfair comparison but the sound was extremely muffled, the pads were hard and made me sweat, and the high end was not there. It was like listening to an 8-track tape but the source was all vinyl early pressings. Yet...that sound got me into this in the first place. Midrange was good but muffled in that 70's gear fashion.post #685 of 15134/29/13 at 12:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by marone
Probably the 1972-era Koss that I first listened to on a hi-fi, the experience that turned me on to music, sound, and head gear. It's an unfair comparison but the sound was extremely muffled, the pads were hard and made me sweat, and the high end was not there. It was like listening to an 8-track tape but the source was all vinyl early pressings. Yet...that sound got me into this in the first place. Midrange was good but muffled in that 70's gear fashion.
The headphone that first got me into the hobby was a WeSC, so at least you have that beatpost #686 of 15134/29/13 at 4:58pmpost #687 of 15134/29/13 at 6:41pmpost #688 of 15134/30/13 at 3:52am
I regrettably heard the P5 again on Sunday when my friend showed up with one around his neck.... not as bad as the P3, but still, that mid bass hump.... *shudder*
He wouldn't listen to my advice and only compared it to the green AKG K430 as a suggestion by the shop worker. He told me the guy working there also said the P5 was designed for classical music, and not to even TRY the Momentum because it was more 'mainstream'
I specifically told him to try out LOADS of headphones before buying, but alas my words fell on deaf ears. I'm showing him my Momentums tonight. Hopefully he kept his receipt.post #689 of 15134/30/13 at 6:55ampost #690 of 15134/30/13 at 7:01am
He said that for him, the P5 was simply audio perfection - exactly what he was looking for, and we already agreed that everyone has differing preferences.
I just hope he doesn't stick to his guns because of pride, but an actual preference.
He listens to mostly heavy/thrash metal, so I think he thoroughly enjoys the super relaxed sound from them.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Need help getting a basic setup started for my HD 558 and speakers 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Volume knob on DAC vs Speakers 1 minute ago
- › How do I hook up two active monitors to subwoofer without sound card? 1 minute ago
- › Geek Out 720 Black for Sale 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 for directional accuracy? 1 minute ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)