A pair of generic brand earphones I bought for 20$
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 44post #646 of 15134/3/13 at 10:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 15134/4/13 at 7:39ampost #648 of 15134/4/13 at 8:33pmQuote:For $20 you can actually buy some non-awful sounding headphones (jvc marshmallow, vsonic gr99)
Yeah I'm aware of that but unfortunately that was when I had no idea about quality IEM's, I used to think the earphones that came with the iPhone sounded great *shiver*.post #649 of 15134/4/13 at 9:35pm
Today I have heard something that puts all the generics, ipod buds and other craptacular eadphones/headphones to shame.
Little did I know I've had a Koss KSC22 stored away for years. Pulled them and gave them a listen. I can seriously tell you that I'd rather a generic ebay $1 earphone or the Apple ibuds to it anyday.post #650 of 15134/5/13 at 7:59ampost #651 of 15134/5/13 at 10:06am
dear lord have mercy, i remember these headphones when i was in elementary school, i researched and found what they were
of course back in the day i didnt care what hi fi audio sounded or what it was you im a kiddie.
but haha you can change the volumes on either earcup, i didnt see why that feature was useful for.
in highschool now. we use these even more crappy headphones comparable to airplane cans.
thats why im happy to bring my own headphones.post #652 of 15134/5/13 at 10:09amAudio technica T20
they're cheap and actually good for the money but not for me at the level of audio i prefer in listening with.
but i bought them for a quick test so im not complaining after which i returned them.post #653 of 15134/5/13 at 10:49amQuote:
Funny you mention those; I just ran across a pair shoved in a corner at a friend's house.post #654 of 15134/5/13 at 12:01pmI have a small collection of brightly colored and funny shaped headphones ... so I bought the Aroc SBP-8400 phones because I found them attractive to look at ... but the SOUND ... oh my goodness ... two tin cans and string work better ! Really worse than any $1.00 bargain bin ear bud I have ever heard. But ohhhhhhhhhhh the black and yellow ... the Czar would be proud ... not to mention the Czarina.
Edited by MongolCupcake - 4/5/13 at 12:02pmpost #655 of 15134/5/13 at 12:10pm
Oh man, elementary school headphones! We had a pair similar to those Califones, except these were baby blue and didn't have any controls on the side besides a pot. They were mainly for our story read-along software (If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want some milk to go with it!) and WordPerfect narration. Man, did they suck. If I were in charge of the supplies department, I'd find the best $5 pair you could get so kids wouldn't have to go through complete garbage.post #656 of 15134/5/13 at 12:44pmIt's funny as I was reading through the beginnings of this thread a few noted the Grado SR325i as the worst headphone they'd ever heard...and someone even noted the ATH W1000X. LOL. You guys must have wallets made of platinum if these are the worst you've heard. The SR325i are not my favorite, its like the mids are missing or something. I just got the W1000X and my initial impression is that I prefer them to my recabled Senn HD650's.post #657 of 15134/5/13 at 6:17pmpost #658 of 15134/7/13 at 11:29amQuote:Originally Posted by MongolCupcake
I have a small collection of brightly colored and funny shaped headphones ... so I bought the Aroc SBP-8400 phones because I found them attractive to look at ... but the SOUND ... oh my goodness ... two tin cans and string work better ! Really worse than any $1.00 bargain bin ear bud I have ever heard. But ohhhhhhhhhhh the black and yellow ... the Czar would be proud ... not to mention the Czarina.
those are a sony XB-300 OEMpost #659 of 15134/8/13 at 12:39pmpost #660 of 15134/8/13 at 1:02pm
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 5 minutes ago
- › The AK320 thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...