or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › WORST headphone you ever heard?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 96  

post #1426 of 1513
The worst I've probably heard is the Skullcandy Skull Crusher. Just all around terrible. The entire old Skullcandy line were bad. (original Hesh, G.I., T.I., Agent).
post #1427 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

You're a bit late for April 1st. ;)

Well, if they were $50, I'd say so otherwise

post #1428 of 1513
Look into xtraem h3000's, h1000, or h4000. All three are 20$, and are better than any other iem I've heard thus far... And to appease the mods, I tried 100$ Bose on ears for the halibut, and... I must say. They sucked about as much as the Sony mdr-zx300's unmodded...
Edited by DisCHORDDubstep - 4/9/14 at 7:57am
post #1429 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by oMalakai View Post
 

 

Totally. They are horrible, and they are also horribly popular, I see tons of them everyday on the subway.

 

+1 on this. It is an even mix of Beats and MDR-zx300 I see daily on the bus/LRT. Beats cost $200+, while the Sony MDR-zx300 can be found for less than $20. Regardless, tried both, both are poo!

post #1430 of 1513

Is it me or does anyone get tired of beating that dead horse? Really Beats, just stop. 

 

I volunteer to send that dead horse into space, so no one can touch it.

 

:deadhorse:

post #1431 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraI View Post

Is it me or does anyone get tired of beating that dead horse? Really Beats, just stop. 

I volunteer to send that dead horse into space, so no one can touch it.

deadhorse.gif
hmm... Well, has anyone tried a pair of... Nvm I got nothin.
post #1432 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraI View Post
 

Is it me or does anyone get tired of beating that dead horse? Really Beats, just stop. 

 

I volunteer to send that dead horse into space, so no one can touch it.

 

:deadhorse:

 

Bought (and returned) SEVERAL pairs of Monster/Beats. NOT bad headphones, but for the price not worth it. My current pair of Meelec Atlas blow away Beats HD at a fraction of the price. To be honest, I have not tried any of the current line-up of Beats, but for the price they charge I could get 2 pairs of V-Moda or Audio-Technica and still have enough left for lunch! :P

post #1433 of 1513

You should mention beats once, and leave. You get only one "free" chance of bashing beats.

post #1434 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraI View Post
 

You should mention beats once, and leave. You get only one "free" chance of bashing beats.

Beats.


Beats.


Beats.



In all seriousness though, they're not that bad in that both them and Monster certainly gotten a hell of a lot better recently, Monster especially. I used to really hate them with a passion back in 2011 but now all I can say when someone asks about them is, "They sound alright but are overpriced; there are better options in the price range you're looking in."

post #1435 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Beats.


Beats.


Beats.



In all seriousness though, they're not that bad in that both them and Monster certainly gotten a hell of a lot better recently, Monster especially. I used to really hate them with a passion back in 2011 but now all I can say when someone asks about them is, "They sound alright but are overpriced; there are better options in the price range you're looking in."

Their newest models are actually alright. For the price, you're not only buying the headphone, but also a lot of YoloSwag.

post #1436 of 1513
I grow my own beets thank you very much.
post #1437 of 1513

Beats?

 

Not sure why people buy them (yoloswagfactor).

 

Overpriced & under-performs in many aspects.

post #1438 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSCODE View Post

Beats?

Not sure why people buy them (yoloswagfactor).

Overpriced & under-performs in many aspects.
Guyz, look at my shiny plastic scary with a B on em!!! #300sweg right???
post #1439 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansaku View Post
 

 

+1 on this. It is an even mix of Beats and MDR-zx300 I see daily on the bus/LRT. Beats cost $200+, while the Sony MDR-zx300 can be found for less than $20. Regardless, tried both, both are poo!

It's even worse here, for every beats you see, you see multiple zx300's. Oh and every 5 beats you see, about 4 of them are fake..

My dad got like 3 zx300's, one for himself, one for my little sister (who never uses headphones, she loves blasting her laptop speaker at full, annoying everyone) and one for my little brother (who hates it, and has an AKG K240 and AKG K450 himself). But my dad thinks they're great, and found my HE-300's "OK". He's hard to impress though, so that might be it.

Thinking about it.. the zx300 might be the worst headphone for that price. I've heard a 6 euro headphone that beat them in pretty much everyway (comfort, sound, isolation..)

 

Here's a picture of the one's I'm talking about:

They're called 'Deluxa Dynabass' if I'm not mistaking. It makes sound, and it does it pretty good for it's ridicioulous low price point. The build quality isn't bad at all, and the comfort is quite good actually.

Didn't expect that from a supermarket headphone.

post #1440 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post
 

It's even worse here, for every beats you see, you see multiple zx300's. Oh and every 5 beats you see, about 4 of them are fake..

My dad got like 3 zx300's, one for himself, one for my little sister (who never uses headphones, she loves blasting her laptop speaker at full, annoying everyone) and one for my little brother (who hates it, and has an AKG K240 and AKG K450 himself). But my dad thinks they're great, and found my HE-300's "OK". He's hard to impress though, so that might be it.

Thinking about it.. the zx300 might be the worst headphone for that price. I've heard a 6 euro headphone that beat them in pretty much everyway (comfort, sound, isolation..)

 

Here's a picture of the one's I'm talking about:

They're called 'Deluxa Dynabass' if I'm not mistaking. It makes sound, and it does it pretty good for it's ridicioulous low price point. The build quality isn't bad at all, and the comfort is quite good actually.

Didn't expect that from a supermarket headphone.

 

How could you tell that the Beats were fake?

 

What the zx300 needed was proper cushions, acoustic barriers and more cushion.

 

 

None of this leaky schiit:

 


Edited by vantt1 - 4/10/14 at 5:12am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › WORST headphone you ever heard?