Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1292 of 15133/19/14 at 6:25pmpost #1293 of 15133/19/14 at 6:37pmQuote:XDOriginally Posted by zunehdrocks
http://www.gizmag.com/sol-republic-cat-headphones/23591/post #1294 of 15133/25/14 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep
... Monster has actually gotten better after the split from beats. THEY ACTUALLY SOUBD GOOD! XD. Lol. No seriously, try a pair of the Monster N-Tunes... It must be the newest version. The first version of them was a thumping mess. They cleaned up the bass on the new N-Tunes.
Actually both Beats and Monster audio started to sound good after splitting up. The new Beats Solo HD lineup sounds quite decent if not for the overpriced tags.post #1295 of 15133/26/14 at 12:15amWell I don't think these are I buds. The worst I have heard were the buds that came with the first couple of generations of regular iPods. Before they even made the touch.
Also. I had some desperation Panasonic $10 blue buds that I used once and decided it would be better just not to listen to music if it sounded like that.post #1296 of 15133/26/14 at 12:28ampost #1297 of 15133/26/14 at 10:37ampost #1298 of 15133/26/14 at 11:04am
Sennheisers. For some odd reason, for the times I've auditioned the HD600, HD650 & HD800 on various setups - I've never been able to like them much. They were either too dark or way too bright. I'm still hoping to 'see' what all the fuss is about with HD800s and well paired amps but until then - Senns are the worst for me.post #1299 of 15133/26/14 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by exsomnis
Sennheisers. For some odd reason, for the times I've auditioned the HD600, HD650 & HD800 on various setups - I've never been able to like them much. They were either too dark or way too bright. I'm still hoping to 'see' what all the fuss is about with HD800s and well paired amps but until then - Senns are the worst for me.
I've failed to see what the fuss is about on Sennheisers myself and I've heard a bunch of Senns on numerous systems. My problem isn't that they are too dark or bright, but rather that they are boring to listen to. They just aren't my cup of tea so to speak.post #1300 of 15133/26/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
probably similar to being driven straight out of the headphone-socket on an ipod classic.
I can tell you this sounds like poo.
Much smaller soundstage, weak dead sounding mids, almost no bass.
Treble is less detailed and has no energy anywhere in the sound spectrum.post #1301 of 15133/29/14 at 9:06ampost #1302 of 15133/29/14 at 9:07ampost #1303 of 15133/29/14 at 1:17pmpost #1304 of 15133/29/14 at 8:25pmQuote:
Nope, not kidding. The original HD424 was indeed 2000 ohms. They don't need as much power than you think, although my Apex Glacier really struggled to power them.post #1305 of 15133/30/14 at 7:40pm
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › MEE Audio RX18 Review and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Experience with Topping VX3 + Topping D30 DSD ? 6 minutes ago
- › [WTS] HeadAmp GS-X MK2 7 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › New here, hello everyone 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 9 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 10 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 13 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear