Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1292 of 15133/19/14 at 6:25pmpost #1293 of 15133/19/14 at 6:37pmQuote:XDOriginally Posted by zunehdrocks
http://www.gizmag.com/sol-republic-cat-headphones/23591/post #1294 of 15133/25/14 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep
... Monster has actually gotten better after the split from beats. THEY ACTUALLY SOUBD GOOD! XD. Lol. No seriously, try a pair of the Monster N-Tunes... It must be the newest version. The first version of them was a thumping mess. They cleaned up the bass on the new N-Tunes.
Actually both Beats and Monster audio started to sound good after splitting up. The new Beats Solo HD lineup sounds quite decent if not for the overpriced tags.post #1295 of 15133/26/14 at 12:15amWell I don't think these are I buds. The worst I have heard were the buds that came with the first couple of generations of regular iPods. Before they even made the touch.
Also. I had some desperation Panasonic $10 blue buds that I used once and decided it would be better just not to listen to music if it sounded like that.post #1296 of 15133/26/14 at 12:28ampost #1297 of 15133/26/14 at 10:37ampost #1298 of 15133/26/14 at 11:04am
Sennheisers. For some odd reason, for the times I've auditioned the HD600, HD650 & HD800 on various setups - I've never been able to like them much. They were either too dark or way too bright. I'm still hoping to 'see' what all the fuss is about with HD800s and well paired amps but until then - Senns are the worst for me.post #1299 of 15133/26/14 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by exsomnis
Sennheisers. For some odd reason, for the times I've auditioned the HD600, HD650 & HD800 on various setups - I've never been able to like them much. They were either too dark or way too bright. I'm still hoping to 'see' what all the fuss is about with HD800s and well paired amps but until then - Senns are the worst for me.
I've failed to see what the fuss is about on Sennheisers myself and I've heard a bunch of Senns on numerous systems. My problem isn't that they are too dark or bright, but rather that they are boring to listen to. They just aren't my cup of tea so to speak.post #1300 of 15133/26/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
probably similar to being driven straight out of the headphone-socket on an ipod classic.
I can tell you this sounds like poo.
Much smaller soundstage, weak dead sounding mids, almost no bass.
Treble is less detailed and has no energy anywhere in the sound spectrum.post #1301 of 15133/29/14 at 9:06ampost #1302 of 15133/29/14 at 9:07ampost #1303 of 15133/29/14 at 1:17pmpost #1304 of 15133/29/14 at 8:25pmQuote:
Nope, not kidding. The original HD424 was indeed 2000 ohms. They don't need as much power than you think, although my Apex Glacier really struggled to power them.post #1305 of 15133/30/14 at 7:40pm
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 10 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-6 + HE-560 + HE-400i + RE-400 In-depth Reviews and more! 1 minute ago
- › Need headphones, amp for country and classic rock 1 minute ago
- › Finally a new awesome crossfeed plugin!!! 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Need to convert single ended input to balanced input...how? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › S t i l h a u s K i t c he n s R e v i e w s 3 minutes ago
- › S t i l h a u s K i t c he n s R e v i e w s 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)