Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1292 of 15133/19/14 at 6:25pmpost #1293 of 15133/19/14 at 6:37pmQuote:XDOriginally Posted by zunehdrocks
http://www.gizmag.com/sol-republic-cat-headphones/23591/post #1294 of 15133/25/14 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep
... Monster has actually gotten better after the split from beats. THEY ACTUALLY SOUBD GOOD! XD. Lol. No seriously, try a pair of the Monster N-Tunes... It must be the newest version. The first version of them was a thumping mess. They cleaned up the bass on the new N-Tunes.
Actually both Beats and Monster audio started to sound good after splitting up. The new Beats Solo HD lineup sounds quite decent if not for the overpriced tags.post #1295 of 15133/26/14 at 12:15amWell I don't think these are I buds. The worst I have heard were the buds that came with the first couple of generations of regular iPods. Before they even made the touch.
Also. I had some desperation Panasonic $10 blue buds that I used once and decided it would be better just not to listen to music if it sounded like that.post #1296 of 15133/26/14 at 12:28ampost #1297 of 15133/26/14 at 10:37ampost #1298 of 15133/26/14 at 11:04am
Sennheisers. For some odd reason, for the times I've auditioned the HD600, HD650 & HD800 on various setups - I've never been able to like them much. They were either too dark or way too bright. I'm still hoping to 'see' what all the fuss is about with HD800s and well paired amps but until then - Senns are the worst for me.post #1299 of 15133/26/14 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by exsomnis
Sennheisers. For some odd reason, for the times I've auditioned the HD600, HD650 & HD800 on various setups - I've never been able to like them much. They were either too dark or way too bright. I'm still hoping to 'see' what all the fuss is about with HD800s and well paired amps but until then - Senns are the worst for me.
I've failed to see what the fuss is about on Sennheisers myself and I've heard a bunch of Senns on numerous systems. My problem isn't that they are too dark or bright, but rather that they are boring to listen to. They just aren't my cup of tea so to speak.post #1300 of 15133/26/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
probably similar to being driven straight out of the headphone-socket on an ipod classic.
I can tell you this sounds like poo.
Much smaller soundstage, weak dead sounding mids, almost no bass.
Treble is less detailed and has no energy anywhere in the sound spectrum.post #1301 of 15133/29/14 at 9:06ampost #1302 of 15133/29/14 at 9:07ampost #1303 of 15133/29/14 at 1:17pmpost #1304 of 15133/29/14 at 8:25pmQuote:
Nope, not kidding. The original HD424 was indeed 2000 ohms. They don't need as much power than you think, although my Apex Glacier really struggled to power them.post #1305 of 15133/30/14 at 7:40pm
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › IC: A&K AK120 3 seconds ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 25 seconds ago
- › Speaker stands... Non-sense or science? 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ProDJ200 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › What's a cool looking and deadly weapon 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 2 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)