Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1292 of 15133/19/14 at 6:25pmpost #1293 of 15133/19/14 at 6:37pmQuote:XDOriginally Posted by zunehdrocks
http://www.gizmag.com/sol-republic-cat-headphones/23591/post #1294 of 15133/25/14 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep
... Monster has actually gotten better after the split from beats. THEY ACTUALLY SOUBD GOOD! XD. Lol. No seriously, try a pair of the Monster N-Tunes... It must be the newest version. The first version of them was a thumping mess. They cleaned up the bass on the new N-Tunes.
Actually both Beats and Monster audio started to sound good after splitting up. The new Beats Solo HD lineup sounds quite decent if not for the overpriced tags.post #1295 of 15133/26/14 at 12:15amWell I don't think these are I buds. The worst I have heard were the buds that came with the first couple of generations of regular iPods. Before they even made the touch.
Also. I had some desperation Panasonic $10 blue buds that I used once and decided it would be better just not to listen to music if it sounded like that.post #1296 of 15133/26/14 at 12:28ampost #1297 of 15133/26/14 at 10:37ampost #1298 of 15133/26/14 at 11:04am
Sennheisers. For some odd reason, for the times I've auditioned the HD600, HD650 & HD800 on various setups - I've never been able to like them much. They were either too dark or way too bright. I'm still hoping to 'see' what all the fuss is about with HD800s and well paired amps but until then - Senns are the worst for me.post #1299 of 15133/26/14 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by exsomnis
Sennheisers. For some odd reason, for the times I've auditioned the HD600, HD650 & HD800 on various setups - I've never been able to like them much. They were either too dark or way too bright. I'm still hoping to 'see' what all the fuss is about with HD800s and well paired amps but until then - Senns are the worst for me.
I've failed to see what the fuss is about on Sennheisers myself and I've heard a bunch of Senns on numerous systems. My problem isn't that they are too dark or bright, but rather that they are boring to listen to. They just aren't my cup of tea so to speak.post #1300 of 15133/26/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
probably similar to being driven straight out of the headphone-socket on an ipod classic.
I can tell you this sounds like poo.
Much smaller soundstage, weak dead sounding mids, almost no bass.
Treble is less detailed and has no energy anywhere in the sound spectrum.post #1301 of 15133/29/14 at 9:06ampost #1302 of 15133/29/14 at 9:07ampost #1303 of 15133/29/14 at 1:17pmpost #1304 of 15133/29/14 at 8:25pmQuote:
Nope, not kidding. The original HD424 was indeed 2000 ohms. They don't need as much power than you think, although my Apex Glacier really struggled to power them.post #1305 of 15133/30/14 at 7:40pm
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Need recommendation on Fiio DAP 12 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 34 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 35 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 54 seconds ago
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)