- 2,509 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: U.S.A. Minnesota
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 81post #1201 of 15133/8/14 at 11:12amLol. Sounds like they were ear vibrators... Want to know what's fun to do with cheapo buds? Hooking them up to an amp, putting them on a table, and watching them bounce, and then get their speakers blown out... I call it an honorable end.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1202 of 15133/8/14 at 11:18amQuote:
What's even better is making them catch on fire due to too much powerpost #1203 of 15133/8/14 at 11:35ampost #1204 of 15133/8/14 at 12:15pmpost #1205 of 15133/8/14 at 2:26pmQuote:
Better end than they deserve! I wonder if I could do that with my E7. Probably not, but that's what daydreams are for...Quote:
I definitely don't have the power for that (Is it even possible???). But with a little lighter fluid, I'm sure that something could be arranged. They have a fabric cord, which would make burning pretty fun.post #1206 of 15133/8/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
Watch Photonicinduction. Jaw-dropping 'electrical' engineering turned up to 11.post #1207 of 15133/8/14 at 3:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by BucketInABucket
Watch Photonicinduction. Jaw-dropping 'electrical' engineering turned up to 11.
I watched the record player one. Highly enjoyable! Aussie50 (https://www.youtube.com/user/Aussie50) (No idea how do do linking, apologies) is somewhat similar. Lots of technical car stuff but he's got some really fun washing machine destruction vids.post #1208 of 15133/9/14 at 9:35pmWell, what's the max input power on the crapbuds you bought boogie? You probably would be able to blow out the speakers, seeing as how cheap ear buds usually have a very low max input of 50mW-150mW.post #1209 of 15133/10/14 at 12:46amQuote:
Any speaker amp will be enough. Plug in, press play and watch the havoc!post #1210 of 15133/10/14 at 3:48ampost #1211 of 15133/10/14 at 4:33ampost #1212 of 15133/10/14 at 5:23amAbout 20 years ago I did, Radio Shack was selling this cool Koss 3 pack that came with buds, small supraaural and full size circumaurals. Don't remember what they sounded like as I was only 16.post #1213 of 15133/10/14 at 5:32ampost #1214 of 15133/10/14 at 5:33ampost #1215 of 15133/10/14 at 7:05amI was looking at the circumaural koss headphones at menards. They were 20$ with 40mm drivers, and I was skeptical... I instantly flipped the package over to look at max input power and frequency range. 50Hz-18,000Hz and the max input was 100 mW... Yeah. No thank you. They looked crappy too.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 26 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 53 seconds ago
- › Schiit Show 2 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Article: "Why USB Cables Can Make a Difference" 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...