- 2,030 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: U.S.A. Minnesota
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 81post #1201 of 15133/8/14 at 11:12amLol. Sounds like they were ear vibrators... Want to know what's fun to do with cheapo buds? Hooking them up to an amp, putting them on a table, and watching them bounce, and then get their speakers blown out... I call it an honorable end.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1202 of 15133/8/14 at 11:18amQuote:
What's even better is making them catch on fire due to too much powerpost #1203 of 15133/8/14 at 11:35ampost #1204 of 15133/8/14 at 12:15pmpost #1205 of 15133/8/14 at 2:26pmQuote:
Better end than they deserve! I wonder if I could do that with my E7. Probably not, but that's what daydreams are for...Quote:
I definitely don't have the power for that (Is it even possible???). But with a little lighter fluid, I'm sure that something could be arranged. They have a fabric cord, which would make burning pretty fun.post #1206 of 15133/8/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
Watch Photonicinduction. Jaw-dropping 'electrical' engineering turned up to 11.post #1207 of 15133/8/14 at 3:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by BucketInABucket
Watch Photonicinduction. Jaw-dropping 'electrical' engineering turned up to 11.
I watched the record player one. Highly enjoyable! Aussie50 (https://www.youtube.com/user/Aussie50) (No idea how do do linking, apologies) is somewhat similar. Lots of technical car stuff but he's got some really fun washing machine destruction vids.post #1208 of 15133/9/14 at 9:35pmWell, what's the max input power on the crapbuds you bought boogie? You probably would be able to blow out the speakers, seeing as how cheap ear buds usually have a very low max input of 50mW-150mW.post #1209 of 15133/10/14 at 12:46amQuote:
Any speaker amp will be enough. Plug in, press play and watch the havoc!post #1210 of 15133/10/14 at 3:48ampost #1211 of 15133/10/14 at 4:33ampost #1212 of 15133/10/14 at 5:23ampost #1213 of 15133/10/14 at 5:32ampost #1214 of 15133/10/14 at 5:33ampost #1215 of 15133/10/14 at 7:05amI was looking at the circumaural koss headphones at menards. They were 20$ with 40mm drivers, and I was skeptical... I instantly flipped the package over to look at max input power and frequency range. 50Hz-18,000Hz and the max input was 100 mW... Yeah. No thank you. They looked crappy too.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 22 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 1 minute ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 5 minutes ago
- › New aspiring Audiophile. Need a complete setup! Help! 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)