- 2,509 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Location: U.S.A. Minnesota
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 81post #1201 of 15133/8/14 at 11:12amLol. Sounds like they were ear vibrators... Want to know what's fun to do with cheapo buds? Hooking them up to an amp, putting them on a table, and watching them bounce, and then get their speakers blown out... I call it an honorable end.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1202 of 15133/8/14 at 11:18amQuote:
What's even better is making them catch on fire due to too much powerpost #1203 of 15133/8/14 at 11:35ampost #1204 of 15133/8/14 at 12:15pmpost #1205 of 15133/8/14 at 2:26pmQuote:
Better end than they deserve! I wonder if I could do that with my E7. Probably not, but that's what daydreams are for...Quote:
I definitely don't have the power for that (Is it even possible???). But with a little lighter fluid, I'm sure that something could be arranged. They have a fabric cord, which would make burning pretty fun.post #1206 of 15133/8/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
Watch Photonicinduction. Jaw-dropping 'electrical' engineering turned up to 11.post #1207 of 15133/8/14 at 3:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by BucketInABucket
Watch Photonicinduction. Jaw-dropping 'electrical' engineering turned up to 11.
I watched the record player one. Highly enjoyable! Aussie50 (https://www.youtube.com/user/Aussie50) (No idea how do do linking, apologies) is somewhat similar. Lots of technical car stuff but he's got some really fun washing machine destruction vids.post #1208 of 15133/9/14 at 9:35pmWell, what's the max input power on the crapbuds you bought boogie? You probably would be able to blow out the speakers, seeing as how cheap ear buds usually have a very low max input of 50mW-150mW.post #1209 of 15133/10/14 at 12:46amQuote:
Any speaker amp will be enough. Plug in, press play and watch the havoc!post #1210 of 15133/10/14 at 3:48ampost #1211 of 15133/10/14 at 4:33ampost #1212 of 15133/10/14 at 5:23amAbout 20 years ago I did, Radio Shack was selling this cool Koss 3 pack that came with buds, small supraaural and full size circumaurals. Don't remember what they sounded like as I was only 16.post #1213 of 15133/10/14 at 5:32ampost #1214 of 15133/10/14 at 5:33ampost #1215 of 15133/10/14 at 7:05amI was looking at the circumaural koss headphones at menards. They were 20$ with 40mm drivers, and I was skeptical... I instantly flipped the package over to look at max input power and frequency range. 50Hz-18,000Hz and the max input was 100 mW... Yeah. No thank you. They looked crappy too.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 20 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 36 seconds ago
- › [ WANTED ] : Sony MDR-Z1R 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiolab Q-DAC, black 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear