- 571 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 80post #1186 of 15133/2/14 at 6:53pmDenons wireless noise cancelling headphones are god awful. Ojr store had to drop the price from 400 to 150. They are just bad.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 15133/2/14 at 7:10pmQuote:
+2..... But the samsung white iem(most famous) that came as stock with my SGP 5" is far better than apple earbuds......I like it for its soundstage much for its cheapo though it sound muddy....I use its silicon tips for my other iem's tip rollin.post #1188 of 15133/3/14 at 10:34ampost #1189 of 15133/3/14 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by vantt1
There are a number of stock Samsung earbuds. I find the ones that came with the S3 and S4 to be OK for freebies.
My favorite pair of stock Samsungs are these ones:
15 mm drivers, non-IEM design and Android-compatible inline controls. Plus they have a shiny bass reflex port!
Speaking of Samsung portable audio transducers, Samsung released a few new circumaural and supra-aural headphones. They look pretty nice! But because they were only revealed in glass cases, the sound quality hasn't been reviewed yet.
Here is the one I triedpost #1190 of 15133/3/14 at 11:57ampost #1191 of 15133/3/14 at 2:25pmpost #1192 of 15133/3/14 at 2:46pmpost #1193 of 15133/3/14 at 3:23pmpost #1194 of 15133/3/14 at 3:24pmpost #1195 of 15133/4/14 at 8:21amQuote:
What about when you spend $10 on a pair of iems and they sound BETTER than the ones you actually spent money on?post #1196 of 15133/4/14 at 8:31ampost #1197 of 15133/4/14 at 5:21pmOh I've changed what the worst headphones I've listened to are. The Sharper Image wireless headphones for 20$. I bought them, thinking that 20$ for Bluetooth headphones? I took them out of the box, and they have a radio transmitter that you have to plug into your audio player... NOT WIRELESS. The cans are, not the transmitter!!! Then I tried out quality, and I couldn't hear anything except for bass, and the bass was REALLY REALLY loose and muddy... Not to mention that they lose connection really easily, drain a lot of battery for pieces of crap, and they weren't even stereo. They were mono, and they were really difficult to set up, since they ran on the same channel that baby monitors use, and many other radio transmission equipment use. You literally could spy on your neighbors baby.... They also had a wired connection option so I tried that, and they didn't have overpowering muddy bass, and were comparable in sound to 20$ Sony's, and became stereo... Now that CONFUSED me. With wireless, they were worse than any earbud imaginable, including the apple ibuds or whatever, and lost connection really easily. But without wireless, they actually became decent... And by decent, I mean cheap and crappy just like any 10-20$ cans, but decent for its category. Soundstage was above the Sonys though, and loudness was definitely a plus, but the Sonys have the edge in sound quality, and comfort. The sharper images tried to be over ear, but the ear cups were about as big as most on ears. I could not wear them for more than 2-5 minutes without intense red searing pain. Cups were not even fastened down.post #1198 of 15133/7/14 at 2:51pmYou should try MY school headphones. They are from some company like Labtech or something. On-ear, no pads, -32Db bass, craptastic miss and highs. I just put them around my need and turn up the volume to save my ears. I saw them on Amazon some time for $3.00 for 3 or something like that.post #1199 of 15133/8/14 at 4:42amQuote:Originally Posted by DonutDeflector
You should try MY school headphones. They are from some company like Labtech or something. On-ear, no pads, -32Db bass, craptastic miss and highs. I just put them around my need and turn up the volume to save my ears. I saw them on Amazon some time for $3.00 for 3 or something like that.
Labtec headphones? You mean the one with the boom mic? If so I never actually used the headphone part only the mic lol. And now I'm happy of that.post #1200 of 15133/8/14 at 10:05am
I few years back I bought a pair of Hype brand earbuds from a used bookstore for 'beater' use. They were on a discount and I had had some luck picking up okay cheapo earbuds at that store in the past, so I plunked down $5 for them. When I listened to them, they blew me away (but not in the good way, obviously). Whoever designed those things must have thought that AM radio was the pinnacle of sonic perfection. Highs did not exist, mids were barely there, and the bass was bloated and overbearing. Voices sounded like they were underwater and were completely unintelligible. Goes to show you get what you pay for.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor) 4 minutes ago
- › Analogically lowering the signal between PC and DAC. 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Considering Schiit(or other things too) 7 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 8 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 10 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 11 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...