- 374 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: California, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 80post #1186 of 15133/2/14 at 6:53pmDenons wireless noise cancelling headphones are god awful. Ojr store had to drop the price from 400 to 150. They are just bad.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 15133/2/14 at 7:10pmQuote:
+2..... But the samsung white iem(most famous) that came as stock with my SGP 5" is far better than apple earbuds......I like it for its soundstage much for its cheapo though it sound muddy....I use its silicon tips for my other iem's tip rollin.post #1188 of 15133/3/14 at 10:34ampost #1189 of 15133/3/14 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by vantt1
There are a number of stock Samsung earbuds. I find the ones that came with the S3 and S4 to be OK for freebies.
My favorite pair of stock Samsungs are these ones:
15 mm drivers, non-IEM design and Android-compatible inline controls. Plus they have a shiny bass reflex port!
Speaking of Samsung portable audio transducers, Samsung released a few new circumaural and supra-aural headphones. They look pretty nice! But because they were only revealed in glass cases, the sound quality hasn't been reviewed yet.
Here is the one I triedpost #1190 of 15133/3/14 at 11:57ampost #1191 of 15133/3/14 at 2:25pmpost #1192 of 15133/3/14 at 2:46pmpost #1193 of 15133/3/14 at 3:23pmpost #1194 of 15133/3/14 at 3:24pmpost #1195 of 15133/4/14 at 8:21amQuote:
What about when you spend $10 on a pair of iems and they sound BETTER than the ones you actually spent money on?post #1196 of 15133/4/14 at 8:31ampost #1197 of 15133/4/14 at 5:21pmOh I've changed what the worst headphones I've listened to are. The Sharper Image wireless headphones for 20$. I bought them, thinking that 20$ for Bluetooth headphones? I took them out of the box, and they have a radio transmitter that you have to plug into your audio player... NOT WIRELESS. The cans are, not the transmitter!!! Then I tried out quality, and I couldn't hear anything except for bass, and the bass was REALLY REALLY loose and muddy... Not to mention that they lose connection really easily, drain a lot of battery for pieces of crap, and they weren't even stereo. They were mono, and they were really difficult to set up, since they ran on the same channel that baby monitors use, and many other radio transmission equipment use. You literally could spy on your neighbors baby.... They also had a wired connection option so I tried that, and they didn't have overpowering muddy bass, and were comparable in sound to 20$ Sony's, and became stereo... Now that CONFUSED me. With wireless, they were worse than any earbud imaginable, including the apple ibuds or whatever, and lost connection really easily. But without wireless, they actually became decent... And by decent, I mean cheap and crappy just like any 10-20$ cans, but decent for its category. Soundstage was above the Sonys though, and loudness was definitely a plus, but the Sonys have the edge in sound quality, and comfort. The sharper images tried to be over ear, but the ear cups were about as big as most on ears. I could not wear them for more than 2-5 minutes without intense red searing pain. Cups were not even fastened down.post #1198 of 15133/7/14 at 2:51pmYou should try MY school headphones. They are from some company like Labtech or something. On-ear, no pads, -32Db bass, craptastic miss and highs. I just put them around my need and turn up the volume to save my ears. I saw them on Amazon some time for $3.00 for 3 or something like that.post #1199 of 15133/8/14 at 4:42amQuote:Originally Posted by DonutDeflector
You should try MY school headphones. They are from some company like Labtech or something. On-ear, no pads, -32Db bass, craptastic miss and highs. I just put them around my need and turn up the volume to save my ears. I saw them on Amazon some time for $3.00 for 3 or something like that.
Labtec headphones? You mean the one with the boom mic? If so I never actually used the headphone part only the mic lol. And now I'm happy of that.post #1200 of 15133/8/14 at 10:05am
I few years back I bought a pair of Hype brand earbuds from a used bookstore for 'beater' use. They were on a discount and I had had some luck picking up okay cheapo earbuds at that store in the past, so I plunked down $5 for them. When I listened to them, they blew me away (but not in the good way, obviously). Whoever designed those things must have thought that AM radio was the pinnacle of sonic perfection. Highs did not exist, mids were barely there, and the bass was bloated and overbearing. Voices sounded like they were underwater and were completely unintelligible. Goes to show you get what you pay for.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss! 1 second ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 40 seconds ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 59 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1, Mint, detachable cable mod, Stock & DHC cables 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help can't stop buying gear.... 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)