- 572 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 80post #1186 of 15133/2/14 at 6:53pmDenons wireless noise cancelling headphones are god awful. Ojr store had to drop the price from 400 to 150. They are just bad.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1187 of 15133/2/14 at 7:10pmQuote:
+2..... But the samsung white iem(most famous) that came as stock with my SGP 5" is far better than apple earbuds......I like it for its soundstage much for its cheapo though it sound muddy....I use its silicon tips for my other iem's tip rollin.post #1188 of 15133/3/14 at 10:34ampost #1189 of 15133/3/14 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by vantt1
There are a number of stock Samsung earbuds. I find the ones that came with the S3 and S4 to be OK for freebies.
My favorite pair of stock Samsungs are these ones:
15 mm drivers, non-IEM design and Android-compatible inline controls. Plus they have a shiny bass reflex port!
Speaking of Samsung portable audio transducers, Samsung released a few new circumaural and supra-aural headphones. They look pretty nice! But because they were only revealed in glass cases, the sound quality hasn't been reviewed yet.
Here is the one I triedpost #1190 of 15133/3/14 at 11:57ampost #1191 of 15133/3/14 at 2:25pmpost #1192 of 15133/3/14 at 2:46pmpost #1193 of 15133/3/14 at 3:23pmpost #1194 of 15133/3/14 at 3:24pmpost #1195 of 15133/4/14 at 8:21amQuote:
What about when you spend $10 on a pair of iems and they sound BETTER than the ones you actually spent money on?post #1196 of 15133/4/14 at 8:31ampost #1197 of 15133/4/14 at 5:21pmOh I've changed what the worst headphones I've listened to are. The Sharper Image wireless headphones for 20$. I bought them, thinking that 20$ for Bluetooth headphones? I took them out of the box, and they have a radio transmitter that you have to plug into your audio player... NOT WIRELESS. The cans are, not the transmitter!!! Then I tried out quality, and I couldn't hear anything except for bass, and the bass was REALLY REALLY loose and muddy... Not to mention that they lose connection really easily, drain a lot of battery for pieces of crap, and they weren't even stereo. They were mono, and they were really difficult to set up, since they ran on the same channel that baby monitors use, and many other radio transmission equipment use. You literally could spy on your neighbors baby.... They also had a wired connection option so I tried that, and they didn't have overpowering muddy bass, and were comparable in sound to 20$ Sony's, and became stereo... Now that CONFUSED me. With wireless, they were worse than any earbud imaginable, including the apple ibuds or whatever, and lost connection really easily. But without wireless, they actually became decent... And by decent, I mean cheap and crappy just like any 10-20$ cans, but decent for its category. Soundstage was above the Sonys though, and loudness was definitely a plus, but the Sonys have the edge in sound quality, and comfort. The sharper images tried to be over ear, but the ear cups were about as big as most on ears. I could not wear them for more than 2-5 minutes without intense red searing pain. Cups were not even fastened down.post #1198 of 15133/7/14 at 2:51pmYou should try MY school headphones. They are from some company like Labtech or something. On-ear, no pads, -32Db bass, craptastic miss and highs. I just put them around my need and turn up the volume to save my ears. I saw them on Amazon some time for $3.00 for 3 or something like that.post #1199 of 15133/8/14 at 4:42amQuote:Originally Posted by DonutDeflector
You should try MY school headphones. They are from some company like Labtech or something. On-ear, no pads, -32Db bass, craptastic miss and highs. I just put them around my need and turn up the volume to save my ears. I saw them on Amazon some time for $3.00 for 3 or something like that.
Labtec headphones? You mean the one with the boom mic? If so I never actually used the headphone part only the mic lol. And now I'm happy of that.post #1200 of 15133/8/14 at 10:05am
I few years back I bought a pair of Hype brand earbuds from a used bookstore for 'beater' use. They were on a discount and I had had some luck picking up okay cheapo earbuds at that store in the past, so I plunked down $5 for them. When I listened to them, they blew me away (but not in the good way, obviously). Whoever designed those things must have thought that AM radio was the pinnacle of sonic perfection. Highs did not exist, mids were barely there, and the bass was bloated and overbearing. Voices sounded like they were underwater and were completely unintelligible. Goes to show you get what you pay for.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 36 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 38 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 40 seconds ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 11 Neo Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie help: Audeze Sine vs Meze 99 Classics vs V-Moda XS/M-80/100... 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear