Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › WORST headphone you ever heard?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 76  

post #1126 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

Yeah, let's all talk about flagship models in the "WORST headphone" thread. 

Good times.


Sorry, I lost track of what thread I was in!

Don't mind me, I'm just trollin' :evil:

post #1127 of 1513
Subbed.
post #1128 of 1513
AR H450 - pro headphones..........the best of the worst i ever had.mad.gif
post #1129 of 1513

I know that I may not have commented altogether, but here goes:

Air Canada In Flight Entertainment Headphones.

 

Now I know that voting aeroplane headphones is kind of a cheap shot; they aren't typically expected to be good anyways. 

 

But from my elaborate travels, I can say that Air Canada is the worst. Significantly worse than anything any other airline offers. 

You can barely hear them. 

Most of the frequency range is either not present or completely distorted. The range from what I'd estimate to be 300hz to 600hz is the only range where you have some distinguishable details. Anything below that range doesn't exist. Most of what's above that range either doesn't exist or is replaced with a constant sibilant buzz. 

 

And during a flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver, I forgot my own headphones and was forced to use those. I spent more than 8 hours on them.

post #1130 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by tquickbrownfox View Post

 

Now I know that voting aeroplane headphones is kind of a cheap shot; they aren't typically expected to be good anyways. 

 

But from my elaborate travels, I can say that Air Canada is the worst. Significantly worse than anything any other airline offers. 

I can believe it.

I don't think I've flown with more than 10 different airlines, but Air Canada was the worst in so many ways. 

post #1131 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

I can believe it.

I don't think I've flown with more than 10 different airlines, but Air Canada was the worst in so many ways. 

Worse than Delta airlines?

Just found them in the closet and in the trash they go.

post #1132 of 1513

Okay I'm not counting anything that was either standard on an airline or a drive-in theater, nor the obvious trololol "OMG BEETZ", but instead talking about a genuine real pay-money-for-it product that baffled me how bad it was.

 

Sony X10

 

I am a huge bass-head. I love bass. But the pair I listened to was just horrendous. It was like listening to music through a thick hat. There was all this bass and then somewhere in the back of it was this horribly muddy and muffled mess of mids and highs. And keep in mind I was literally wearing a pair of Beats when I tried these and I was genuinely taken aback by the terrible quality. No exaggeration, no hyperbole. 

 

Honorable mention to the Skullcandy Navigator. A friend had a pair that he wanted to just give me for free. I plugged them into my iPhone and immediately said no thank you. I didn't even want them for FREE. 

post #1133 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by tquickbrownfox View Post

But from my elaborate travels, I can say that Air Canada is the worst. Significantly worse than anything any other airline offers. 
You can barely hear them. 
Most of the frequency range is either not present or completely distorted. The range from what I'd estimate to be 300hz to 600hz is the only range where you have some distinguishable details. Anything below that range doesn't exist. Most of what's above that range either doesn't exist or is replaced with a constant sibilant buzz. 

And during a flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver, I forgot my own headphones and was forced to use those. I spent more than 8 hours on them.

That is paying some hard core dues.

You defeat my entry, also some IEM's from Air China. Bad, but at least I could hear below and above 300/600. Wow, that's like a 1910 wax cylinder, a cactus needle, and the horn from a French Horn.

I declare you the thread winner. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1134 of 1513
Turtle Beach PX21. They were around $200 at the time I bought them. Terribly uncomfortable, too.
post #1135 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLaRe View Post
 

They should be the Monster Beats Pro, due to the excessive reverb, superpowered bass, nonexisting mids and trash-like trebel, though the aluminium and leather construction was pretty good. They are seconded by Audio Technica ATH-A900, which is one of the worst headphones I've ever tried and then the supercongested Sennheiser HD25-I, the awfully dark AIAIAI TMA-1, and the unbalanced B&W P5.

 

That is my Top 5 list for supposedly "good" headphones that people like, but I do not. I´m skipping all the crap of Skullcandy, Urban Ears, etc..

 

I'm actually rocking these right now LOL. The beats pro. Will be swapping them soon though.

 

The worst ones I've ever heard.. 

 

A fake beats solo a friend of mine bought from Turkey for 8 euro's. He told be to carefully place it on my head, or it would break. Well, I did, and it freaking hurt. They weren't uncomfortable, they really hurted. Then the sound.. Well, what'd you expect? Beats, the lowest model, then make a really cheap fake of it. It was horrible, the sound was just a huge mess, I can't really describe it, some notes weren't even here, or so soft I couldn't hear them (played them at 100% volume from an Ipod touch.)

 

Also the beats MIXR's were pretty horrible, and that's from a beats owner. The comfort was almost as bad as the fake pair mentioned earlier. And the sound.. I thought beats were hated for their bass that's everywhere? No bass was found in the MIXR. So you would think the highs and mids would be way better, because they didn't put any effort in the bass? Well, you're wrong. It was plain awful.

post #1136 of 1513

I've got two:

First, some COBY on-ear headphones that came with a cheap CD player. They were painful on the head, painful on the ears, and the sound was distorted all the time. It sounded like it was clipping even at a low volume.

 

Second, a little story.  When I was about 12, my cousin came to visit and he brought with him a 1st gen iPod and some headphones (I think this was before the iBuds were standard). The headphones were more like earbuds (in that they went inside the ear, but didn't have a seal) that were attached to a headband. I thought they sounded amazing and had good bass (was a basshead at the time).

Well, when I turned 18, I was in a Walmart and I found some Sony headphones that looked identical to my memory of the ones my cousin brought during that visit. I bought them up immediately. Well, either my memory was wrong and these weren't the same headphones (likely) or my 12 year old self didn't know how to listen to music (also likely) because these things were terrible. Tinny, and quiet; I had to use the bass boost function on my cd player constantly to make them sound decent (which drained the battery). And the plastic inside the ear was pointy and uncomfortable. Because they didn't seal, I had to crank the volume, which made them fatiguing to listen to. Though I was upset when my girlfriend broke them some years later, I didn't realize how much she was doing me a favor.

post #1137 of 1513
Sennheiser hd280 pro. Yes, I know a lot of people like them, and I know they satisfy a certain utilitarian purpose. But for me, they're dry and uninteresting. Opposite of how I like my headphones.
post #1138 of 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post
 

 

Also the beats MIXR's were pretty horrible, and that's from a beats owner. The comfort was almost as bad as the fake pair mentioned earlier. And the sound.. I thought beats were hated for their bass that's everywhere? No bass was found in the MIXR. So you would think the highs and mids would be way better, because they didn't put any effort in the bass? Well, you're wrong. It was plain awful.

 

I think you uh, had a bad pair of Mixrs, because they have heavy bass, dude. Like, POWERFUL bass. Yeah the headband is tight as ****, but a little stretch and that was a-ok. Something was way, WAY wrong with the pair you tried, because their bass was actually fuller and better than the Pro, Studio, Executive, or Solos in my experience.

post #1139 of 1513
Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilspeed111 View Post
 

 

Also the beats MIXR's were pretty horrible, and that's from a beats owner. The comfort was almost as bad as the fake pair mentioned earlier. And the sound.. I thought beats were hated for their bass that's everywhere? No bass was found in the MIXR. So you would think the highs and mids would be way better, because they didn't put any effort in the bass? Well, you're wrong. It was plain awful.

 

I think you uh, had a bad pair of Mixrs, because they have heavy bass, dude. Like, POWERFUL bass. Yeah the headband is tight as ****, but a little stretch and that was a-ok. Something was way, WAY wrong with the pair you tried, because their bass was actually fuller and better than the Pro, Studio, Executive, or Solos in my experience.

 

I can agree with that. The Mixrs are also surprisingly loud, albeit being unpowered headphones. I've owned the original Studios, Pro Detox and Executives, and to me the Mixrs really are the loudest headphone that Beats make. The bass is also quite punchy because it's not muddied up by the circuit board found in the Studios and Executives.

 

Their pair may have been faulty (like de-earthed or something) or a fake. The least bassiest Beats around would be the Pros, and they still have what is considered heavy bass.

post #1140 of 1513

Vmoda Crossfade LP's. My hd280's recently broke after several years and I did no research on what to get. They sound just like beats with just bloated bass and no mids. Only thing I can think of that I immediately returned to Amazon.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › WORST headphone you ever heard?