QC must be it. There are sooo many contradicting opinions on the B&Ws.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 74post #1096 of 15132/5/14 at 11:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 15132/5/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I wouldn't have had too much of a problem with them, but unfortunately i can't take sibilance too well. It's also the sad reason why i had to return the he-400. As good as they are, that super treble was just painful.post #1098 of 15132/5/14 at 11:46amQuote:
To you, the HD800 has less painful treble than the HE 400 ? Interesting to hear, I was actually scared of trying the HD800 because of that.post #1099 of 15132/5/14 at 12:23pm
The HD800 treble is amongst the best of all headphones ever made. HE-400 treble is an unrefined mess in comparison. The only thing you should be scared of is turning up the HD800 too loud when you hear how clear and controlled they are. HE-400 will force you to dial down the volume control quite quickly.post #1100 of 15132/5/14 at 12:32pmQuote:
The hd800's treble peak isn't in the sibilance region, while the he-400's peak is indeed a grand mess like kyle said. I got the he-400 so i can listen to popular music, which was a bad idea since most of them are horribly recorded.post #1101 of 15132/5/14 at 1:02pm
The HD 800's are VERY sibilant if paired with the incorrect amp.
The worst IEM's I've ever heard (for the money, value wise) is the Ultimate Ears UE900. Way too sibilant, horrible midrange. What the heck happened after Jerry Harvey sold UE to logitech?? Or maybe I just got a defective pair.post #1102 of 15132/5/14 at 1:08pmQuote:Well versed in the electrostat world? Some stats really have treble to die for..Originally Posted by Kyle 491
The HD800 treble is amongst the best of all headphones ever made. HE-400 treble is an unrefined mess in comparison. The only thing you should be scared of is turning up the HD800 too loud when you hear how clear and controlled they are. HE-400 will force you to dial down the volume control quite quickly.post #1103 of 15132/5/14 at 1:39pmpost #1104 of 15132/5/14 at 1:58pmQuote:
Yeah, the hd800 is a technical marvel and one of the few dynamics that I think can rival properly constructed 'stats in technicalities. It's kinda funny how the hd800 measurements are almost in a completely different league compared to pretty much any other dynamic headphone in production today.post #1105 of 15132/5/14 at 2:20pm
The HD800 was truly a feat of engineering, and a big financial investment for Sennheiser. They set out to create the zenith of all dynamic headphones, and the succeeded. Even a few years into the HD800's production, there's no other dynamic-driver headphone that beats it for resolution or soundstage. It was radically different from other dynamic headphones for a reason.post #1106 of 15132/5/14 at 2:27pmpost #1107 of 15132/5/14 at 2:30pmpost #1108 of 15132/5/14 at 2:36pmpost #1109 of 15132/5/14 at 2:39pmpost #1110 of 15132/5/14 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by ssrock64
The HD800 was truly a feat of engineering, and a big financial investment for Sennheiser. They set out to create the zenith of all dynamic headphones, and the succeeded. Even a few years into the HD800's production, there's no other dynamic-driver headphone that beats it for resolution or soundstage. It was radically different from other dynamic headphones for a reason.
Exactly why I chose HD800 over the K812 and T1.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Recommendations for cable replacement for ASG1+ 13 seconds ago
- › VE Monk original non-plusses free shipping 21 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 34 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 12 Classics review tour - worldwide reviewers wanted! 3 minutes ago
- › Cheap desktop speakers. I have an idea. 3 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...