QC must be it. There are sooo many contradicting opinions on the B&Ws.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 74post #1096 of 15132/5/14 at 11:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 15132/5/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I wouldn't have had too much of a problem with them, but unfortunately i can't take sibilance too well. It's also the sad reason why i had to return the he-400. As good as they are, that super treble was just painful.post #1098 of 15132/5/14 at 11:46amQuote:
To you, the HD800 has less painful treble than the HE 400 ? Interesting to hear, I was actually scared of trying the HD800 because of that.post #1099 of 15132/5/14 at 12:23pm
The HD800 treble is amongst the best of all headphones ever made. HE-400 treble is an unrefined mess in comparison. The only thing you should be scared of is turning up the HD800 too loud when you hear how clear and controlled they are. HE-400 will force you to dial down the volume control quite quickly.post #1100 of 15132/5/14 at 12:32pmQuote:
The hd800's treble peak isn't in the sibilance region, while the he-400's peak is indeed a grand mess like kyle said. I got the he-400 so i can listen to popular music, which was a bad idea since most of them are horribly recorded.post #1101 of 15132/5/14 at 1:02pm
The HD 800's are VERY sibilant if paired with the incorrect amp.
The worst IEM's I've ever heard (for the money, value wise) is the Ultimate Ears UE900. Way too sibilant, horrible midrange. What the heck happened after Jerry Harvey sold UE to logitech?? Or maybe I just got a defective pair.post #1102 of 15132/5/14 at 1:08pmQuote:Well versed in the electrostat world? Some stats really have treble to die for..Originally Posted by Kyle 491
The HD800 treble is amongst the best of all headphones ever made. HE-400 treble is an unrefined mess in comparison. The only thing you should be scared of is turning up the HD800 too loud when you hear how clear and controlled they are. HE-400 will force you to dial down the volume control quite quickly.post #1103 of 15132/5/14 at 1:39pm
Stat treble is very silky. HD800 treble is special in its own way by virtue of its great air and resolution (just look at how low its measured distortion is in the upper treble. It wouldn't have such great imaging without the qualities its treble possesses.post #1104 of 15132/5/14 at 1:58pmQuote:
Yeah, the hd800 is a technical marvel and one of the few dynamics that I think can rival properly constructed 'stats in technicalities. It's kinda funny how the hd800 measurements are almost in a completely different league compared to pretty much any other dynamic headphone in production today.post #1105 of 15132/5/14 at 2:20pm
The HD800 was truly a feat of engineering, and a big financial investment for Sennheiser. They set out to create the zenith of all dynamic headphones, and the succeeded. Even a few years into the HD800's production, there's no other dynamic-driver headphone that beats it for resolution or soundstage. It was radically different from other dynamic headphones for a reason.post #1106 of 15132/5/14 at 2:27pmpost #1107 of 15132/5/14 at 2:30pmpost #1108 of 15132/5/14 at 2:36pmpost #1109 of 15132/5/14 at 2:39pmpost #1110 of 15132/5/14 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by ssrock64
The HD800 was truly a feat of engineering, and a big financial investment for Sennheiser. They set out to create the zenith of all dynamic headphones, and the succeeded. Even a few years into the HD800's production, there's no other dynamic-driver headphone that beats it for resolution or soundstage. It was radically different from other dynamic headphones for a reason.
Exactly why I chose HD800 over the K812 and T1.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 22 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 2 minutes ago
- › $395 IE 800 vs $1200 SE846 2 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 3 minutes ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2