QC must be it. There are sooo many contradicting opinions on the B&Ws.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 74post #1096 of 15132/5/14 at 11:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 15132/5/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I wouldn't have had too much of a problem with them, but unfortunately i can't take sibilance too well. It's also the sad reason why i had to return the he-400. As good as they are, that super treble was just painful.post #1098 of 15132/5/14 at 11:46amQuote:
To you, the HD800 has less painful treble than the HE 400 ? Interesting to hear, I was actually scared of trying the HD800 because of that.post #1099 of 15132/5/14 at 12:23pm
The HD800 treble is amongst the best of all headphones ever made. HE-400 treble is an unrefined mess in comparison. The only thing you should be scared of is turning up the HD800 too loud when you hear how clear and controlled they are. HE-400 will force you to dial down the volume control quite quickly.post #1100 of 15132/5/14 at 12:32pmQuote:
The hd800's treble peak isn't in the sibilance region, while the he-400's peak is indeed a grand mess like kyle said. I got the he-400 so i can listen to popular music, which was a bad idea since most of them are horribly recorded.post #1101 of 15132/5/14 at 1:02pm
The HD 800's are VERY sibilant if paired with the incorrect amp.
The worst IEM's I've ever heard (for the money, value wise) is the Ultimate Ears UE900. Way too sibilant, horrible midrange. What the heck happened after Jerry Harvey sold UE to logitech?? Or maybe I just got a defective pair.post #1102 of 15132/5/14 at 1:08pmQuote:Well versed in the electrostat world? Some stats really have treble to die for..Originally Posted by Kyle 491
The HD800 treble is amongst the best of all headphones ever made. HE-400 treble is an unrefined mess in comparison. The only thing you should be scared of is turning up the HD800 too loud when you hear how clear and controlled they are. HE-400 will force you to dial down the volume control quite quickly.post #1103 of 15132/5/14 at 1:39pm
Stat treble is very silky. HD800 treble is special in its own way by virtue of its great air and resolution (just look at how low its measured distortion is in the upper treble. It wouldn't have such great imaging without the qualities its treble possesses.post #1104 of 15132/5/14 at 1:58pmQuote:
Yeah, the hd800 is a technical marvel and one of the few dynamics that I think can rival properly constructed 'stats in technicalities. It's kinda funny how the hd800 measurements are almost in a completely different league compared to pretty much any other dynamic headphone in production today.post #1105 of 15132/5/14 at 2:20pm
The HD800 was truly a feat of engineering, and a big financial investment for Sennheiser. They set out to create the zenith of all dynamic headphones, and the succeeded. Even a few years into the HD800's production, there's no other dynamic-driver headphone that beats it for resolution or soundstage. It was radically different from other dynamic headphones for a reason.post #1106 of 15132/5/14 at 2:27pmpost #1107 of 15132/5/14 at 2:30pmpost #1108 of 15132/5/14 at 2:36pmpost #1109 of 15132/5/14 at 2:39pmpost #1110 of 15132/5/14 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by ssrock64
The HD800 was truly a feat of engineering, and a big financial investment for Sennheiser. They set out to create the zenith of all dynamic headphones, and the succeeded. Even a few years into the HD800's production, there's no other dynamic-driver headphone that beats it for resolution or soundstage. It was radically different from other dynamic headphones for a reason.
Exactly why I chose HD800 over the K812 and T1.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 28 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 46 seconds ago
- › Effect Audio Crystal Piccolino IEM cable 1 minute ago
- › Buying 2nd pair of audiophile headphones and looking to your... 1 minute ago
- › my first review: PSB M4U2 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 2 minutes ago
- › external sound card that is as good or better as latest mac mini? 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)