QC must be it. There are sooo many contradicting opinions on the B&Ws.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 74post #1096 of 15132/5/14 at 11:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 15132/5/14 at 11:41amQuote:
I wouldn't have had too much of a problem with them, but unfortunately i can't take sibilance too well. It's also the sad reason why i had to return the he-400. As good as they are, that super treble was just painful.post #1098 of 15132/5/14 at 11:46amQuote:
To you, the HD800 has less painful treble than the HE 400 ? Interesting to hear, I was actually scared of trying the HD800 because of that.post #1099 of 15132/5/14 at 12:23pm
The HD800 treble is amongst the best of all headphones ever made. HE-400 treble is an unrefined mess in comparison. The only thing you should be scared of is turning up the HD800 too loud when you hear how clear and controlled they are. HE-400 will force you to dial down the volume control quite quickly.post #1100 of 15132/5/14 at 12:32pmQuote:
The hd800's treble peak isn't in the sibilance region, while the he-400's peak is indeed a grand mess like kyle said. I got the he-400 so i can listen to popular music, which was a bad idea since most of them are horribly recorded.post #1101 of 15132/5/14 at 1:02pm
The HD 800's are VERY sibilant if paired with the incorrect amp.
The worst IEM's I've ever heard (for the money, value wise) is the Ultimate Ears UE900. Way too sibilant, horrible midrange. What the heck happened after Jerry Harvey sold UE to logitech?? Or maybe I just got a defective pair.post #1102 of 15132/5/14 at 1:08pmQuote:Well versed in the electrostat world? Some stats really have treble to die for..Originally Posted by Kyle 491
The HD800 treble is amongst the best of all headphones ever made. HE-400 treble is an unrefined mess in comparison. The only thing you should be scared of is turning up the HD800 too loud when you hear how clear and controlled they are. HE-400 will force you to dial down the volume control quite quickly.post #1103 of 15132/5/14 at 1:39pm
Stat treble is very silky. HD800 treble is special in its own way by virtue of its great air and resolution (just look at how low its measured distortion is in the upper treble. It wouldn't have such great imaging without the qualities its treble possesses.post #1104 of 15132/5/14 at 1:58pmQuote:
Yeah, the hd800 is a technical marvel and one of the few dynamics that I think can rival properly constructed 'stats in technicalities. It's kinda funny how the hd800 measurements are almost in a completely different league compared to pretty much any other dynamic headphone in production today.post #1105 of 15132/5/14 at 2:20pm
The HD800 was truly a feat of engineering, and a big financial investment for Sennheiser. They set out to create the zenith of all dynamic headphones, and the succeeded. Even a few years into the HD800's production, there's no other dynamic-driver headphone that beats it for resolution or soundstage. It was radically different from other dynamic headphones for a reason.post #1106 of 15132/5/14 at 2:27pmpost #1107 of 15132/5/14 at 2:30pmpost #1108 of 15132/5/14 at 2:36pmpost #1109 of 15132/5/14 at 2:39pmpost #1110 of 15132/5/14 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by ssrock64
The HD800 was truly a feat of engineering, and a big financial investment for Sennheiser. They set out to create the zenith of all dynamic headphones, and the succeeded. Even a few years into the HD800's production, there's no other dynamic-driver headphone that beats it for resolution or soundstage. It was radically different from other dynamic headphones for a reason.
Exactly why I chose HD800 over the K812 and T1.
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 4 minutes ago
- › LAVRY DA10 - EXCELLENT CONDITION 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 or E17? 7 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)