Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Blog Archive › NEWS: Sony Asia Pacific announces 11 new balanced armature in-ear headphone models
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEWS: Sony Asia Pacific announces 11 new balanced armature in-ear headphone models - Page 7  

post #91 of 171

They look great especially the XBA range.

post #92 of 171

wonder if Audio Cubes or Musica Acoustics will stock them??

post #93 of 171

 

audiocubes and accessoryjack... yes I def. think so.

 

musica... not so sure, I once asked if he could get an E888 for me and he just replied "No."

 

post #94 of 171

Just wanted to say sony Australia has released the expected price for this from the site

Sony XBA-4;@499 AUS

 

XBA3:$329 AUS
XBA2:$229 AUS

   XBA2:$$pp.05 AUS

 

http://www.sony.com.au/product/xba-1

post #95 of 171

^^ Thanks for the heads up..will def keep an eye on them..

post #96 of 171

They're claiming that the XBA-4 has an frequency response ranging from 3Hz to 28kHz...
If they've managed to get THAT much out of BA-technology, we may get a serious game-changer here.

post #97 of 171

Sony often likes to quote some pretty outrageous FR figures for their headphones.  Look at Sony 7509HD which quotes 5-80kHz, which is great if you are planning to use it for some kind of utrasound setup...  Not all that useful to human ears though.

post #98 of 171

i think they should get rid of the gold dots/squares... or at least use smaller circles instead of squares.

post #99 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

Sony often likes to quote some pretty outrageous FR figures for their headphones.  Look at Sony 7509HD which quotes 5-80kHz, which is great if you are planning to use it for some kind of utrasound setup...  Not all that useful to human ears though.

 

Now I ask myself whether the headphones can really reproduce that frequency range.

And how that is useful anybody even to golden ears?
 

 

post #100 of 171

Who cares what the claims are as long as they sound good to your ears.  Power amps claim 5hz - 100khz, tweeters claims 65kz, who cares as long as that 15k - 20k sounds sweet and not total root canal garbage.

post #101 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunneebear View Post

Who cares what the claims are as long as they sound good to your ears.  Power amps claim 5hz - 100khz, tweeters claims 65kz, who cares as long as that 15k - 20k sounds sweet and not total root canal garbage.



indeed....

post #102 of 171

I like the look of these, hopefully it won't take forever for them to hit U.S. soil

post #103 of 171

Very curious abut the XBA-4, too^^

post #104 of 171

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker View Post

 

Now I ask myself whether the headphones can really reproduce that frequency range.

And how that is useful anybody even to golden ears?

 


TakeT BPP.

 

post #105 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

TakeT BPP.


Does it really work?

 

From a scientific point of view.


Edited by TheDreamthinker - 10/2/11 at 8:01pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blog Archive
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Blog Archive › NEWS: Sony Asia Pacific announces 11 new balanced armature in-ear headphone models