- 9 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: New York, Long Island
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 16 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 64 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone with HFI-2400 ? Last post on 10/4/12 at 3:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 701 with Zune HD - Would I need an amp? Last post on 8/24/11 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Zune HD and headphone amp Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Earpads for Grados... Last post on 2/18/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- iPod Touch 4G + Line Out? (And iPod Touch vs Zune HD) Last post on 11/8/10 at 8:17pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?post #1 of 139/15/11 at 9:45amThread StarterIs their even a difference that we would notice or it's very close? I heard Zune HD gives you a better sound? I'm a iPhone 4 user.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/15/11 at 9:59am
I've not heard the Zune HD but the one thing I know is that finding a LOD is almost impossible to find. So if you ever decide to amp your headphones or use an external dac you will be extremely limited with the Zune HD.post #3 of 139/15/11 at 10:04ampost #4 of 139/15/11 at 10:07am
Never heard a Zune, but I love the sound from my iPhone 4. Sounds great with both of my headphones and has plenty of volume. Sounds flat and detailed with good staging and separation.post #5 of 139/15/11 at 12:21pmQuote:
There's a few on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=zune+lod
I have a first gen zune set to no eq running through the headphone out and it blows away my iphone with lod and amp as well as the headphone out with almost all the eq settings tried. I can't comment on the hd but I'm sure the same amp is used. Honestly, as good as my first gen sounds through the hp out I wouldn't even bother with a lod for it.post #6 of 139/15/11 at 1:32pm
Most sites I have read say the the Zune HD's headphone out is extremely good, hence why a LOD was never created. I can attest to this -- I love my Zune HD. ABI ranked the ZHD up there with the Cowon J3 and Sansa Clip+, but they are slightly biased against iProducts.post #7 of 139/17/11 at 4:24am
My 16GB Zune HD sounds as good or better than my wife's Sansa E250 and Clip+ both with Rockbox and playing the same songs in FLAC vs. the Zune's in 320kbps MP3. Generally the Sansa players, especially once Rockboxed are considered upper tier of portable sound quality, so I would make the assumption that the Zune HD will sound better than the iPhone 4.
I'm not sure how the latest iPod Touch compares to the iPhone's but my Zune HD with the SR60i definitely sounds better than the Touch, a handful of my cousins also agree (even the iPod owner.)
Sounds better with both my Turbine Pro Gold's and my woodied Grado SR60i.post #8 of 139/19/11 at 8:25pmpost #9 of 139/20/11 at 1:10ampost #10 of 139/21/11 at 3:29am
Zune headphone out is night and day better, as for amping it, sadly you'd have to just amp the headphone out... but if you're not worrying about running a portable amp, the Zune is a better player than the headphone...post #11 of 139/23/11 at 10:41pmpost #12 of 139/24/11 at 8:27ampost #13 of 139/24/11 at 9:58pm
Most amps have a flat response, but sound different from each other. FR is only one part of the equation.
- Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Kogan mp4 player 42 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 47 seconds ago
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Grade Fuses 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › DT-770 PRO 32 ohm or 80 ohm with Blue Yeti 4 minutes ago
- › Portable Headphone's for Sony A828 and PC // need bass for shure! 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)