- 9 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: New York, Long Island
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 16 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 64 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone with HFI-2400 ? Last post on 10/4/12 at 3:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 701 with Zune HD - Would I need an amp? Last post on 8/24/11 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Zune HD and headphone amp Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Earpads for Grados... Last post on 2/18/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- iPod Touch 4G + Line Out? (And iPod Touch vs Zune HD) Last post on 11/8/10 at 8:17pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?post #1 of 139/15/11 at 9:45amThread StarterIs their even a difference that we would notice or it's very close? I heard Zune HD gives you a better sound? I'm a iPhone 4 user.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/15/11 at 9:59am
I've not heard the Zune HD but the one thing I know is that finding a LOD is almost impossible to find. So if you ever decide to amp your headphones or use an external dac you will be extremely limited with the Zune HD.post #3 of 139/15/11 at 10:04ampost #4 of 139/15/11 at 10:07am
Never heard a Zune, but I love the sound from my iPhone 4. Sounds great with both of my headphones and has plenty of volume. Sounds flat and detailed with good staging and separation.post #5 of 139/15/11 at 12:21pmQuote:
There's a few on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=zune+lod
I have a first gen zune set to no eq running through the headphone out and it blows away my iphone with lod and amp as well as the headphone out with almost all the eq settings tried. I can't comment on the hd but I'm sure the same amp is used. Honestly, as good as my first gen sounds through the hp out I wouldn't even bother with a lod for it.post #6 of 139/15/11 at 1:32pm
Most sites I have read say the the Zune HD's headphone out is extremely good, hence why a LOD was never created. I can attest to this -- I love my Zune HD. ABI ranked the ZHD up there with the Cowon J3 and Sansa Clip+, but they are slightly biased against iProducts.post #7 of 139/17/11 at 4:24am
My 16GB Zune HD sounds as good or better than my wife's Sansa E250 and Clip+ both with Rockbox and playing the same songs in FLAC vs. the Zune's in 320kbps MP3. Generally the Sansa players, especially once Rockboxed are considered upper tier of portable sound quality, so I would make the assumption that the Zune HD will sound better than the iPhone 4.
I'm not sure how the latest iPod Touch compares to the iPhone's but my Zune HD with the SR60i definitely sounds better than the Touch, a handful of my cousins also agree (even the iPod owner.)
Sounds better with both my Turbine Pro Gold's and my woodied Grado SR60i.post #8 of 139/19/11 at 8:25pmpost #9 of 139/20/11 at 1:10ampost #10 of 139/21/11 at 3:29am
Zune headphone out is night and day better, as for amping it, sadly you'd have to just amp the headphone out... but if you're not worrying about running a portable amp, the Zune is a better player than the headphone...post #11 of 139/23/11 at 10:41pmpost #12 of 139/24/11 at 8:27ampost #13 of 139/24/11 at 9:58pm
Most amps have a flat response, but sound different from each other. FR is only one part of the equation.
- Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Help deciding between a few different budget headphones. 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 38 seconds ago
- › HD650 comfort? 50 seconds ago
- › A Question that needs an Answer! 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Help on choice of headphones! (IMPORTANT) 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)