- 9 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: New York, Long Island
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 16 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 64 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone with HFI-2400 ? Last post on 10/4/12 at 3:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 701 with Zune HD - Would I need an amp? Last post on 8/24/11 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Zune HD and headphone amp Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Earpads for Grados... Last post on 2/18/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- iPod Touch 4G + Line Out? (And iPod Touch vs Zune HD) Last post on 11/8/10 at 8:17pm in Portable Source Gear
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?post #1 of 139/15/11 at 9:45amThread StarterIs their even a difference that we would notice or it's very close? I heard Zune HD gives you a better sound? I'm a iPhone 4 user.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/15/11 at 9:59am
I've not heard the Zune HD but the one thing I know is that finding a LOD is almost impossible to find. So if you ever decide to amp your headphones or use an external dac you will be extremely limited with the Zune HD.post #3 of 139/15/11 at 10:04ampost #4 of 139/15/11 at 10:07am
Never heard a Zune, but I love the sound from my iPhone 4. Sounds great with both of my headphones and has plenty of volume. Sounds flat and detailed with good staging and separation.post #5 of 139/15/11 at 12:21pmQuote:
There's a few on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=zune+lod
I have a first gen zune set to no eq running through the headphone out and it blows away my iphone with lod and amp as well as the headphone out with almost all the eq settings tried. I can't comment on the hd but I'm sure the same amp is used. Honestly, as good as my first gen sounds through the hp out I wouldn't even bother with a lod for it.post #6 of 139/15/11 at 1:32pm
Most sites I have read say the the Zune HD's headphone out is extremely good, hence why a LOD was never created. I can attest to this -- I love my Zune HD. ABI ranked the ZHD up there with the Cowon J3 and Sansa Clip+, but they are slightly biased against iProducts.post #7 of 139/17/11 at 4:24am
My 16GB Zune HD sounds as good or better than my wife's Sansa E250 and Clip+ both with Rockbox and playing the same songs in FLAC vs. the Zune's in 320kbps MP3. Generally the Sansa players, especially once Rockboxed are considered upper tier of portable sound quality, so I would make the assumption that the Zune HD will sound better than the iPhone 4.
I'm not sure how the latest iPod Touch compares to the iPhone's but my Zune HD with the SR60i definitely sounds better than the Touch, a handful of my cousins also agree (even the iPod owner.)
Sounds better with both my Turbine Pro Gold's and my woodied Grado SR60i.post #8 of 139/19/11 at 8:25pmpost #9 of 139/20/11 at 1:10ampost #10 of 139/21/11 at 3:29am
Zune headphone out is night and day better, as for amping it, sadly you'd have to just amp the headphone out... but if you're not worrying about running a portable amp, the Zune is a better player than the headphone...post #11 of 139/23/11 at 10:41pmpost #12 of 139/24/11 at 8:27ampost #13 of 139/24/11 at 9:58pm
Most amps have a flat response, but sound different from each other. FR is only one part of the equation.
- Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 39 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › FS: Questyle QP1R in Gold with Qustyle leather case 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 4 minutes ago
- › Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › iOS FLAC player 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear