- 9 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: New York, Long Island
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 16 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 64 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone with HFI-2400 ? Last post on 10/4/12 at 3:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 701 with Zune HD - Would I need an amp? Last post on 8/24/11 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Zune HD and headphone amp Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Earpads for Grados... Last post on 2/18/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- iPod Touch 4G + Line Out? (And iPod Touch vs Zune HD) Last post on 11/8/10 at 8:17pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?post #1 of 139/15/11 at 9:45amThread StarterIs their even a difference that we would notice or it's very close? I heard Zune HD gives you a better sound? I'm a iPhone 4 user.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/15/11 at 9:59am
I've not heard the Zune HD but the one thing I know is that finding a LOD is almost impossible to find. So if you ever decide to amp your headphones or use an external dac you will be extremely limited with the Zune HD.post #3 of 139/15/11 at 10:04ampost #4 of 139/15/11 at 10:07am
Never heard a Zune, but I love the sound from my iPhone 4. Sounds great with both of my headphones and has plenty of volume. Sounds flat and detailed with good staging and separation.post #5 of 139/15/11 at 12:21pmQuote:
There's a few on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=zune+lod
I have a first gen zune set to no eq running through the headphone out and it blows away my iphone with lod and amp as well as the headphone out with almost all the eq settings tried. I can't comment on the hd but I'm sure the same amp is used. Honestly, as good as my first gen sounds through the hp out I wouldn't even bother with a lod for it.post #6 of 139/15/11 at 1:32pm
Most sites I have read say the the Zune HD's headphone out is extremely good, hence why a LOD was never created. I can attest to this -- I love my Zune HD. ABI ranked the ZHD up there with the Cowon J3 and Sansa Clip+, but they are slightly biased against iProducts.post #7 of 139/17/11 at 4:24am
My 16GB Zune HD sounds as good or better than my wife's Sansa E250 and Clip+ both with Rockbox and playing the same songs in FLAC vs. the Zune's in 320kbps MP3. Generally the Sansa players, especially once Rockboxed are considered upper tier of portable sound quality, so I would make the assumption that the Zune HD will sound better than the iPhone 4.
I'm not sure how the latest iPod Touch compares to the iPhone's but my Zune HD with the SR60i definitely sounds better than the Touch, a handful of my cousins also agree (even the iPod owner.)
Sounds better with both my Turbine Pro Gold's and my woodied Grado SR60i.post #8 of 139/19/11 at 8:25pmpost #9 of 139/20/11 at 1:10ampost #10 of 139/21/11 at 3:29am
Zune headphone out is night and day better, as for amping it, sadly you'd have to just amp the headphone out... but if you're not worrying about running a portable amp, the Zune is a better player than the headphone...post #11 of 139/23/11 at 10:41pmpost #12 of 139/24/11 at 8:27ampost #13 of 139/24/11 at 9:58pm
Most amps have a flat response, but sound different from each other. FR is only one part of the equation.
- Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 1 minute ago
- › FS: JH-3A DSP AMP w/ JH16 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Rooting Cowon Z2 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Cobalt 4 minutes ago
- › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi