- 9 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: New York, Long Island
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 16 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 32 GB Video MP3 Player (Platinum)tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productZune HD 64 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone with HFI-2400 ? Last post on 10/4/12 at 3:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 701 with Zune HD - Would I need an amp? Last post on 8/24/11 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Zune HD and headphone amp Last post on 7/31/11 at 5:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Earpads for Grados... Last post on 2/18/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- iPod Touch 4G + Line Out? (And iPod Touch vs Zune HD) Last post on 11/8/10 at 8:17pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?post #1 of 139/15/11 at 9:45amThread StarterIs their even a difference that we would notice or it's very close? I heard Zune HD gives you a better sound? I'm a iPhone 4 user.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/15/11 at 9:59am
I've not heard the Zune HD but the one thing I know is that finding a LOD is almost impossible to find. So if you ever decide to amp your headphones or use an external dac you will be extremely limited with the Zune HD.post #3 of 139/15/11 at 10:04ampost #4 of 139/15/11 at 10:07am
Never heard a Zune, but I love the sound from my iPhone 4. Sounds great with both of my headphones and has plenty of volume. Sounds flat and detailed with good staging and separation.post #5 of 139/15/11 at 12:21pmQuote:
There's a few on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=zune+lod
I have a first gen zune set to no eq running through the headphone out and it blows away my iphone with lod and amp as well as the headphone out with almost all the eq settings tried. I can't comment on the hd but I'm sure the same amp is used. Honestly, as good as my first gen sounds through the hp out I wouldn't even bother with a lod for it.post #6 of 139/15/11 at 1:32pm
Most sites I have read say the the Zune HD's headphone out is extremely good, hence why a LOD was never created. I can attest to this -- I love my Zune HD. ABI ranked the ZHD up there with the Cowon J3 and Sansa Clip+, but they are slightly biased against iProducts.post #7 of 139/17/11 at 4:24am
My 16GB Zune HD sounds as good or better than my wife's Sansa E250 and Clip+ both with Rockbox and playing the same songs in FLAC vs. the Zune's in 320kbps MP3. Generally the Sansa players, especially once Rockboxed are considered upper tier of portable sound quality, so I would make the assumption that the Zune HD will sound better than the iPhone 4.
I'm not sure how the latest iPod Touch compares to the iPhone's but my Zune HD with the SR60i definitely sounds better than the Touch, a handful of my cousins also agree (even the iPod owner.)
Sounds better with both my Turbine Pro Gold's and my woodied Grado SR60i.post #8 of 139/19/11 at 8:25pmpost #9 of 139/20/11 at 1:10ampost #10 of 139/21/11 at 3:29am
Zune headphone out is night and day better, as for amping it, sadly you'd have to just amp the headphone out... but if you're not worrying about running a portable amp, the Zune is a better player than the headphone...post #11 of 139/23/11 at 10:41pmpost #12 of 139/24/11 at 8:27ampost #13 of 139/24/11 at 9:58pm
Most amps have a flat response, but sound different from each other. FR is only one part of the equation.
- Which gives a better sound, iPhone 4 or Zune HD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 51 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Enter to win a Bowie-Inspired MOMENTUM Headphone from Sennheiser... 1 minute ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 1 minute ago
- › [W] Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones under $200 2 minutes ago
- › Versatile Headset & Amplifier for all Applications 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude