I use my HD25-1s for pretty much all music. On my home system, my headphones sound a lot better with my amp my father bought me, the bass is deeper and rich, the soundstage is a lot better etc. (I have no clue what brand it is.) My budget is 120 dollars, I was thinking the ZO, the pa2v2, or the JDS cmoy amp as my portable amplifier. Which one would you recommend for portable usage? I'm a relatively new audiophile, so I'm not exactly sure on what to purchase.
- productCowon iAUDIO 7 16Gbtagged by System, 9/16/11
- productCowon iAUDIO 9 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productDIY Mini3tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandPractical Devicestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for Sennheiser HD25 Last post on 9/16/11 at 6:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp suggestions? Last post on 3/28/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for DT880 32ohm Last post on 4/10/11 at 7:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/15/11 at 2:46pm
What is your source?
I use an iAudio 7 or 9 as a source and use Practical Devices XM-4 as well as old mSeed Spirit and HeadPhonia amps with HD25 headphones.
I still think the XM-4 is a deal with the rechargeable battery and the optional op-amp. Pushes your budget a bit, though.
I gave away a pa2v2 I had - though this was due mostly to battery choice.post #3 of 39/15/11 at 2:57pm
- Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 21 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 21 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › Help! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)