I use my HD25-1s for pretty much all music. On my home system, my headphones sound a lot better with my amp my father bought me, the bass is deeper and rich, the soundstage is a lot better etc. (I have no clue what brand it is.) My budget is 120 dollars, I was thinking the ZO, the pa2v2, or the JDS cmoy amp as my portable amplifier. Which one would you recommend for portable usage? I'm a relatively new audiophile, so I'm not exactly sure on what to purchase.
- productCowon iAUDIO 7 16Gbtagged by System, 9/16/11
- productCowon iAUDIO 9 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productDIY Mini3tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandPractical Devicestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for Sennheiser HD25 Last post on 9/16/11 at 6:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp suggestions? Last post on 3/28/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for DT880 32ohm Last post on 4/10/11 at 7:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/15/11 at 2:46pm
What is your source?
I use an iAudio 7 or 9 as a source and use Practical Devices XM-4 as well as old mSeed Spirit and HeadPhonia amps with HD25 headphones.
I still think the XM-4 is a deal with the rechargeable battery and the optional op-amp. Pushes your budget a bit, though.
I gave away a pa2v2 I had - though this was due mostly to battery choice.post #3 of 39/15/11 at 2:57pm
- Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 4 seconds ago
- › Prog rock 7 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio - Phantom Master 4 Review Tour 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 4 minutes ago
- › iPod Video (Classic) 5g+5.5g internal Bluetooth Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear