I use my HD25-1s for pretty much all music. On my home system, my headphones sound a lot better with my amp my father bought me, the bass is deeper and rich, the soundstage is a lot better etc. (I have no clue what brand it is.) My budget is 120 dollars, I was thinking the ZO, the pa2v2, or the JDS cmoy amp as my portable amplifier. Which one would you recommend for portable usage? I'm a relatively new audiophile, so I'm not exactly sure on what to purchase.
- productCowon iAUDIO 7 16Gbtagged by System, 9/16/11
- productCowon iAUDIO 9 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productDIY Mini3tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandPractical Devicestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for Sennheiser HD25 Last post on 9/16/11 at 6:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp suggestions? Last post on 3/28/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for DT880 32ohm Last post on 4/10/11 at 7:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/15/11 at 2:46pm
What is your source?
I use an iAudio 7 or 9 as a source and use Practical Devices XM-4 as well as old mSeed Spirit and HeadPhonia amps with HD25 headphones.
I still think the XM-4 is a deal with the rechargeable battery and the optional op-amp. Pushes your budget a bit, though.
I gave away a pa2v2 I had - though this was due mostly to battery choice.post #3 of 39/15/11 at 2:57pm
- Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)