I use my HD25-1s for pretty much all music. On my home system, my headphones sound a lot better with my amp my father bought me, the bass is deeper and rich, the soundstage is a lot better etc. (I have no clue what brand it is.) My budget is 120 dollars, I was thinking the ZO, the pa2v2, or the JDS cmoy amp as my portable amplifier. Which one would you recommend for portable usage? I'm a relatively new audiophile, so I'm not exactly sure on what to purchase.
- productCowon iAUDIO 7 16Gbtagged by System, 9/16/11
- productCowon iAUDIO 9 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productDIY Mini3tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandPractical Devicestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for Sennheiser HD25 Last post on 9/16/11 at 6:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp suggestions? Last post on 3/28/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for DT880 32ohm Last post on 4/10/11 at 7:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/15/11 at 2:46pm
What is your source?
I use an iAudio 7 or 9 as a source and use Practical Devices XM-4 as well as old mSeed Spirit and HeadPhonia amps with HD25 headphones.
I still think the XM-4 is a deal with the rechargeable battery and the optional op-amp. Pushes your budget a bit, though.
I gave away a pa2v2 I had - though this was due mostly to battery choice.post #3 of 39/15/11 at 2:57pm
- Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 30 seconds ago
- › Welcome Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for suggestion on wireless work/play headset 3 minutes ago
- › Thinksound Mega-Thread + New Lineup 3 minutes ago
- › JH Layla Universal (Carbon Fiber Version) Layla I 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...