I use my HD25-1s for pretty much all music. On my home system, my headphones sound a lot better with my amp my father bought me, the bass is deeper and rich, the soundstage is a lot better etc. (I have no clue what brand it is.) My budget is 120 dollars, I was thinking the ZO, the pa2v2, or the JDS cmoy amp as my portable amplifier. Which one would you recommend for portable usage? I'm a relatively new audiophile, so I'm not exactly sure on what to purchase.
- productCowon iAUDIO 7 16Gbtagged by System, 9/16/11
- productCowon iAUDIO 9 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productDIY Mini3tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandPractical Devicestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp for Sennheiser HD25 Last post on 9/16/11 at 6:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp suggestions? Last post on 3/28/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for DT880 32ohm Last post on 4/10/11 at 7:46am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/15/11 at 2:46pm
What is your source?
I use an iAudio 7 or 9 as a source and use Practical Devices XM-4 as well as old mSeed Spirit and HeadPhonia amps with HD25 headphones.
I still think the XM-4 is a deal with the rechargeable battery and the optional op-amp. Pushes your budget a bit, though.
I gave away a pa2v2 I had - though this was due mostly to battery choice.post #3 of 39/15/11 at 2:57pm
- Portable amp for my HD25-1 ii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 26 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 54 seconds ago
- › Best Over ear, wireless, headset, with mic for PC (to record... 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › CREATE THE ULTIMATE FPS HEADSET!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 9 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)