Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Audioengine 2, not what I expected.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audioengine 2, not what I expected. - Page 5

post #61 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

 

 Other options will depend on other factors, like budget and if you're willing to go for used, how long are you willing to wait?

Right now I'm just considering all of the options, so time isn't an issue. Also I'm not really sure about used.

post #62 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by takubi View Post

Right now I'm just considering all of the options, so time isn't an issue. Also I'm not really sure about used.

Topping TP30 or hte newer version and the B652 should work well enough as long as you're alright with the monitors' size. Without shipping all that comes to about $145 - I can't think of a better bargain.

BTW I just found out the Edifier dealer in my country has the R2000T for about $110 - might just pick this up and a used UDAC for about $40. It has its own volume control but since I'm using an SIII and my laptop as sources I'm thinking I could get those two through a powered hub and the UDAC serves as a "better" DAC for the laptop (if not also for the SIII) and along with the hub, a source switcher.

post #63 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

Topping TP30 or hte newer version and the B652 should work well enough as long as you're alright with the monitors' size. Without shipping all that comes to about $145 - I can't think of a better bargain.

BTW I just found out the Edifier dealer in my country has the R2000T for about $110 - might just pick this up and a used UDAC for about $40. It has its own volume control but since I'm using an SIII and my laptop as sources I'm thinking I could get those two through a powered hub and the UDAC serves as a "better" DAC for the laptop (if not also for the SIII) and along with the hub, a source switcher.

That sounds like an awesome setup, for an even more awesome price! Personally I think I'm going to go the Daytons with the topping.

 

So on a completely different note, I'm going to be getting an S3, do you have any tips or something audio wise?

post #64 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by takubi View Post

That sounds like an awesome setup, for an even more awesome price! Personally I think I'm going to go the Daytons with the topping.

 

So on a completely different note, I'm going to be getting an S3, do you have any tips or something audio wise?

 

Breaking news - local distro finally brought in Swans Hivi S3W, D1080 MkII 08 and even the D200MkII! I'm absolutely dizzy about which one to buy so I'm delaying my purchase until Christmas/Year-end, need time to listen to them all first. Need to see if the smaller size of the D1080 vs the R2000 will make it worthwhile. The Edifier runs on active crossovers and a bigger LF driver though.

post #65 of 67

smily_headphones1.gif  L3000.gif


Edited by mastercool - 9/28/12 at 4:18am
post #66 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

 

Breaking news - local distro finally brought in Swans Hivi S3W, D1080 MkII 08 and even the D200MkII! I'm absolutely dizzy about which one to buy so I'm delaying my purchase until Christmas/Year-end, need time to listen to them all first. Need to see if the smaller size of the D1080 vs the R2000 will make it worthwhile. The Edifier runs on active crossovers and a bigger LF driver though.

Thats awesome!

post #67 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by takubi View Post

Thats awesome!

 

Even more awesome : D1080 goes for about $165 plus fuel/cab fare (I'm not lugging that around through Metro Manila's mostly horrible public transport "system"), S3W goes for about $60 plus about $3 to and fro (this one I can take public transport with), with local dealer support which I hope doesn't suck.

 

Thing is, I'm really obligating myself to buy so I can at least contribute to the distributor's interest in bringing good stuff into the country. The only local speaker manufacturer  doesn't make active speakers, nor anything small enough for nearfield, but maybe even they might start getting into these at some point what with adjacent older mansions getting torn down and replaced by condos.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Audioengine 2, not what I expected.