Good news everyone, I just got some xtra money so I wanna get new pads for my cans. I heard v6's pads fit and improves sound and comfort but also I read 'bout those Beyer pads that fit v6.....so they would fit my dj100's too?? or there is another option...maybe m50 pads or something...thank you very much buddies...
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productKoss PRO DJ 100tagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 11/16/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suitable replacement for Tri-Port Last post on 10/9/11 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Review of Sennheiser HD380 Last post on 8/6/13 at 3:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphones To Buy For Work? Last post on 8/4/11 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
New pads for Koss pro dj100??post #1 of 309/14/11 at 9:26pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 309/14/11 at 9:27pm
MDR-V6 are easier to come by, but wear out easily. You'd need to sew the inner seems to keep them together. After that, they last for a long time.
Probably shure pads too, but I don't know about this.post #3 of 309/14/11 at 9:35pm
Just get the M50 pads. No other pads really compare to them for the DJ100.
They're available at Sweetwater.com or Sound Professionals.
About $19.98 shipped and totally worth it.
Improves the treble, soundstage and bass.
JVC RX300, V6/M30 pads also fit. M50 pads make them sound the best.post #4 of 309/14/11 at 10:19pmThread Starterpost #5 of 309/14/11 at 10:52pmQuote:
They're better than stock, but seem to reduce the treble a tad. I prefer the M30 pads because they don't have the foam backing.
You do NEED the foam backing on the M50 pads though, but not the M30 pads.
With the M50 pads I'd never consider any other pads honestly.post #6 of 309/15/11 at 1:07ampost #7 of 309/15/11 at 10:33amQuote:
I tried the DT-880 pads and unfortunately they don't fit.
I wish they did!post #8 of 309/15/11 at 12:00pmQuote:
Dammit!!! I'm still thinking that the velour pads would be perfect.post #9 of 3010/23/11 at 4:48pmpost #10 of 3010/23/11 at 5:28pmQuote:
Nope, but the Pearstone velour pads fit. They get a bit hot though and are not like the Beyer pads.
I also found some Turtle Beach pads that might fit. Why on earth would I want to bother?! Well, they're round and made out of the same type of material as the K501 pads.
It's like a fabric mesh type of material and they're round. I want to test them out. Best of all, they're $2.00 each!
I ordered the X41 and PX21 pads. Don't remember which one was round. Shipping was $10.44 though for Fedex and was the cheapest option.
Probably junk, but who knows. Has anyone tried any of the Turtle Beach pads? I imagine they're kind of uncomfortable, but would be good to keep your ears cooler than pleather material. The pads looked a bit deeper than the M50 pads, so it may hurt or help the sound. I'll know soon.
M50 pads are perfect though as it is...but $1.95 pads are worth a try. Might be a good alternative for those that don't want to pay $20 for M50 pads. Actually it's $1.95 per side. So $3.90 for two.post #11 of 3010/25/11 at 5:55pmQuote:
I'll give it a shot tonight probably... I have some srh750dj pads that should fit too.post #12 of 305/11/12 at 6:28pm
I picked up the TBSE's the other day for about 20 bucks more than the DJ100 but the case and the abilty to vary cord length was worth it. I'm enjoying the sound but the fit for my ears is not comfortable at all and I don't think they are getting a decent seal either. Anyways I thought I would resurrect this thread to see if anyone has tried the Beyer dt250 pads yet ? I've noticed that a lot of folks prefer them on their m50's. I like to try them but I'm wondering if someone else had already tried them out. I have the ADT m30's and they barely fit so I''m wondering if the m50 pads would fit me any better. I was going buy them, but I've read all the threads by tdockweiler and his DJ100's and I was intrigued. I remembered Koss from many years ago being a good brand. Right now I'm burning in my TBSE's I actually noticed a bit of an improvement after only a few hours so I'm hoping to try the dt250 pads out. I know the Pearstones were a bust but aren't the beyer pads supposed to be better? Ever get to try those Turtle beach pads out yet ?? That would be the deal of the year .
Edited by rrwatch - 5/11/12 at 6:30pmpost #13 of 305/11/12 at 6:59pm
DT-250 pads fit but it's a bit difficult to install them. I hated the sound with the DT-250 pads and it's kind of harsh and fatiguing with them on. I even spent some time trying to mod the actual pads to try and correct the sound without much luck. For example, some people tape the back of the pads.
SRH-840 and 940 pads are even worse.
SRH-940 pads make the bass go out the window. I don't think any sort of mods could fix the sound with the 940 pads.
M50 pads are definitely the best.
The turtle beach pads don't fit. What a waste of time.
I do want to get some HDJ-2000 pads but they're $40.
BTW the Pearstone pads sound similar to the V6 pads, but get hot in summer. Very scratchy velour pads.
Edited by tdockweiler - 5/11/12 at 7:00pmpost #14 of 305/11/12 at 7:30pm
M50's it is. Thanks for your help and thanks for adopting the Koss DJ100, taking the hits on the mods and pads etc. Its always fun to experiment and that keeps the hobby interesting, otherwise we would all be wearing the same thing. I've been lurking about here for a couple years btw but I only recently joined up.post #15 of 305/29/12 at 12:43am
The m50 pads were a great improvement but they still get a bit uncomfortable sweaty for me. I really enjoy the sound so I ordered a pair of of DT250 pads just for giggles. Its getting hot in here and I'm hoping they heop out a bit. If not I always have a pair. I have the ATHM30's (which I like to relax with laid back tunes) and they might be a good fit,Oddly enough they don't bother me but I did stretch out the bands a bit on a few books. The TBSE are going to be traded in or returned tho. I ran into some problem with them. I'm hoping they can be replaced by the Amazon seller but he doesn't seem to be offering them and they have gone up about 15 bucks while the DJ100 have gone down a bit. I'll have to see what happens when he replies to my email after the holiday
- New pads for Koss pro dj100??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Is there a cheapere alternative to B&W MM-1 Speakers? 36 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Need buying advice about these bass-heavy headphones!! 1 minute ago
- › Senn CX 300 II or Soundmagic E10 or some other in this budget ? 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon J3 vs Fiio X3 upgrade or sidegrade SQ only? 5 minutes ago
- › Next headphone for me to get? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi