All right, so as of right now my DAP is a Sony NWZ-S545, but soon I'll be getting either a Cowon J3 or C3. The IEM's I will be using are the Phonak Audeo PFE-121(?), but what I'm most concerned about with looking for an amp, is to drive my Grado SR80's. When listening quietly, the music sounds very distant. And to get the best sound out of the Grado's the volume has to be pretty loud. So I'm looking for as cheap as possible with an amp right now. Just a beginners amp so to speak. When I have more funds available I will get a better amp. But any help is greatly appreciated as I know nothing about portable headphone amps right now.
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 9/16/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Zo2.3 for low volume listening? Last post on 5/29/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Measurements of Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Last post on 5/29/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cowon J3 vs ipod nano + e7 Last post on 5/29/12 at 3:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some helppost #1 of 49/14/11 at 7:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/16/11 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 49/17/11 at 7:26pm
If you go to the Head Gear page and look under portable amps that would probably be a good starting point. The top portable amp is the PA2V2 I think and its like $60. The CMoyBB which is the one in the Altoids tin is the same price. Both have a following. I hope to get the latter at some point. Just read a bunch of different reviews. Unfortunately for me that's all I can afford to do at the moment.
- Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some help
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › AudioQuest - Cinnamon TosLink (Full to Mini, 1.5m) 58 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-1AMP 4 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 15 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 20 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 21 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 day ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 day ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear