All right, so as of right now my DAP is a Sony NWZ-S545, but soon I'll be getting either a Cowon J3 or C3. The IEM's I will be using are the Phonak Audeo PFE-121(?), but what I'm most concerned about with looking for an amp, is to drive my Grado SR80's. When listening quietly, the music sounds very distant. And to get the best sound out of the Grado's the volume has to be pretty loud. So I'm looking for as cheap as possible with an amp right now. Just a beginners amp so to speak. When I have more funds available I will get a better amp. But any help is greatly appreciated as I know nothing about portable headphone amps right now.
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 9/16/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Zo2.3 for low volume listening? Last post on 5/29/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Measurements of Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Last post on 5/29/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cowon J3 vs ipod nano + e7 Last post on 5/29/12 at 3:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some helppost #1 of 49/14/11 at 7:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/16/11 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 49/17/11 at 7:26pm
If you go to the Head Gear page and look under portable amps that would probably be a good starting point. The top portable amp is the PA2V2 I think and its like $60. The CMoyBB which is the one in the Altoids tin is the same price. Both have a following. I hope to get the latter at some point. Just read a bunch of different reviews. Unfortunately for me that's all I can afford to do at the moment.
- Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some help
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 30 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 38 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 50 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Best DAC to pair with Bravo Audio V2? 3 minutes ago
- › Other sites for HiFi Amps. Sources and Cables etc 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for some great headphones for £100/$150 - HELP APPRECIATED 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)