All right, so as of right now my DAP is a Sony NWZ-S545, but soon I'll be getting either a Cowon J3 or C3. The IEM's I will be using are the Phonak Audeo PFE-121(?), but what I'm most concerned about with looking for an amp, is to drive my Grado SR80's. When listening quietly, the music sounds very distant. And to get the best sound out of the Grado's the volume has to be pretty loud. So I'm looking for as cheap as possible with an amp right now. Just a beginners amp so to speak. When I have more funds available I will get a better amp. But any help is greatly appreciated as I know nothing about portable headphone amps right now.
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 9/16/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Zo2.3 for low volume listening? Last post on 5/29/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Measurements of Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Last post on 5/29/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cowon J3 vs ipod nano + e7 Last post on 5/29/12 at 3:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some helppost #1 of 49/14/11 at 7:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/16/11 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 49/17/11 at 7:26pm
If you go to the Head Gear page and look under portable amps that would probably be a good starting point. The top portable amp is the PA2V2 I think and its like $60. The CMoyBB which is the one in the Altoids tin is the same price. Both have a following. I hope to get the latter at some point. Just read a bunch of different reviews. Unfortunately for me that's all I can afford to do at the moment.
- Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some help
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Three Word Story 16 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 20 seconds ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 21 seconds ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 51 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 56 seconds ago
- › Q: High gain? Low gain? Quality difference? 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro MK II - MassDrop LTD Purple Heart Edition 4 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...