All right, so as of right now my DAP is a Sony NWZ-S545, but soon I'll be getting either a Cowon J3 or C3. The IEM's I will be using are the Phonak Audeo PFE-121(?), but what I'm most concerned about with looking for an amp, is to drive my Grado SR80's. When listening quietly, the music sounds very distant. And to get the best sound out of the Grado's the volume has to be pretty loud. So I'm looking for as cheap as possible with an amp right now. Just a beginners amp so to speak. When I have more funds available I will get a better amp. But any help is greatly appreciated as I know nothing about portable headphone amps right now.
- productCowon J3 Portable Media Player 32GB - Whitetagged by System, 9/16/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 II + FiiO E7? Last post on 9/25/11 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- First post ever. V-Moda M-80's...Good starter Audiophile headphone? Amps? Last post on 6/9/12 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Zo2.3 for low volume listening? Last post on 5/29/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Measurements of Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Last post on 5/29/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cowon J3 vs ipod nano + e7 Last post on 5/29/12 at 3:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some helppost #1 of 49/14/11 at 7:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/16/11 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #3 of 49/17/11 at 7:26pm
If you go to the Head Gear page and look under portable amps that would probably be a good starting point. The top portable amp is the PA2V2 I think and its like $60. The CMoyBB which is the one in the Altoids tin is the same price. Both have a following. I hope to get the latter at some point. Just read a bunch of different reviews. Unfortunately for me that's all I can afford to do at the moment.
- Oy! Time to start increasing my portable rig I guess, need some help
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › FS hybrid three ways IEM T PEOS Altone 200 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › Best format for ripping CD's 5 minutes ago
- › Soldering Iron Question... Solder won't stick! 6 minutes ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 6 minutes ago
- › I think my left ear is slightly weaker 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2