Hi, just got a new Fostex T50RP. I noticed that the box does not list a country of origin. Nor do the headphones have a "Made in..." sticker/info. The instruction booklet says it was printed in China, but where were the cans made??? Anyone know? Does your headphone say the country of origin? Am I blind and can't find it? Thanks for any info!
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review Last post on 6/1/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable Headphones With Low Clamping Force From $200 To $1000 Last post on 10/25/12 at 5:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Building Custom Wood Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/30/12 at 11:20am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?post #1 of 149/14/11 at 5:18pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/14/11 at 8:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 149/14/11 at 8:38pmpost #4 of 149/14/11 at 8:41pmpost #5 of 149/14/11 at 8:46pmThread Starter
Of course it matters. I like to know what I'm buying. And, it's required that products list the country of origin.
As for Chinese products, I never mentioned China. You did. I wonder why?
Quote:Originally Posted by BotByte
Does it matter?
Will you not buy them if they are made in China?
EDIT: WIKI says they are from Japan. You probably got a fake, you better return them and- They don't make fake T50RPspost #6 of 149/14/11 at 8:51pmpost #7 of 149/14/11 at 8:52pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/14/11 at 8:58pmQuote:Quote:
You inferred about them being made in China
Guess what, they are. Made in China and designed by the Japanese. Probably made in the same factory that makes ibuds.
post #9 of 149/14/11 at 10:39pmThread Starter
How do you know they were made in China?
Quote:post #10 of 149/14/11 at 10:43pmpost #11 of 149/14/11 at 10:45pmThread Starter
Why would you go straight to this thought? You must have some issues to work out. I simply stated that the manual said where it was printed, but the cans themselves did not have a "made in" sticker. I thought it was odd that the more important item didn't say where it was made. You tried to make this into a bigger deal.
post #12 of 149/15/11 at 1:13am
According to Wikipedia, Fostex IS the sole producer of iBuds. Who knew.
post #13 of 1412/16/12 at 10:20ammy guess is they are not made in china... i am looking to buy some now so i looked at some chinese websites to compare prices (i visit china often) and the price in china is double what it is in the US... but that doesn't always mean anything.post #14 of 1412/16/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Dang, Dude, you bumped a thread that is over a year old since the last posting. The Fostex headphones are made in Japan. A year and half back (or so) when Japan was affected by the major earthquake, it did have some impact on the production capabilities of Fostex while they were rebuilding. Now, does their whole line get made in Japan? That's a good question. Also, Fostex used to make the "D" series by Denon, which up until 9 months ago were being produced.
- Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?
- Headphone Impedance
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 59 seconds ago
- › Summit-fi unamped? 1 minute ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude