Hi, just got a new Fostex T50RP. I noticed that the box does not list a country of origin. Nor do the headphones have a "Made in..." sticker/info. The instruction booklet says it was printed in China, but where were the cans made??? Anyone know? Does your headphone say the country of origin? Am I blind and can't find it? Thanks for any info!
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable Headphones With Low Clamping Force From $200 To $1000 Last post on 10/25/12 at 5:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Building Custom Wood Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/30/12 at 11:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Thunderpants vs HD650 (stock or otherwise) Last post on 3/7/12 at 7:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?post #1 of 149/14/11 at 5:18pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/14/11 at 8:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 149/14/11 at 8:38pmpost #4 of 149/14/11 at 8:41pmpost #5 of 149/14/11 at 8:46pmThread Starter
Of course it matters. I like to know what I'm buying. And, it's required that products list the country of origin.
As for Chinese products, I never mentioned China. You did. I wonder why?
Quote:Originally Posted by BotByte
Does it matter?
Will you not buy them if they are made in China?
EDIT: WIKI says they are from Japan. You probably got a fake, you better return them and- They don't make fake T50RPspost #6 of 149/14/11 at 8:51pmpost #7 of 149/14/11 at 8:52pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/14/11 at 8:58pmQuote:Quote:
You inferred about them being made in China
Guess what, they are. Made in China and designed by the Japanese. Probably made in the same factory that makes ibuds.
post #9 of 149/14/11 at 10:39pmThread Starter
How do you know they were made in China?
Quote:post #10 of 149/14/11 at 10:43pmpost #11 of 149/14/11 at 10:45pmThread Starter
Why would you go straight to this thought? You must have some issues to work out. I simply stated that the manual said where it was printed, but the cans themselves did not have a "made in" sticker. I thought it was odd that the more important item didn't say where it was made. You tried to make this into a bigger deal.
post #12 of 149/15/11 at 1:13am
According to Wikipedia, Fostex IS the sole producer of iBuds. Who knew.
post #13 of 1412/16/12 at 10:20ammy guess is they are not made in china... i am looking to buy some now so i looked at some chinese websites to compare prices (i visit china often) and the price in china is double what it is in the US... but that doesn't always mean anything.post #14 of 1412/16/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Dang, Dude, you bumped a thread that is over a year old since the last posting. The Fostex headphones are made in Japan. A year and half back (or so) when Japan was affected by the major earthquake, it did have some impact on the production capabilities of Fostex while they were rebuilding. Now, does their whole line get made in Japan? That's a good question. Also, Fostex used to make the "D" series by Denon, which up until 9 months ago were being produced.
- Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official New York Spring Meet Saturday June 11 2016 11 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 16 seconds ago
- › Best android music player app? 31 seconds ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › VE RUNABOUT Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 4 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...