Hi, just got a new Fostex T50RP. I noticed that the box does not list a country of origin. Nor do the headphones have a "Made in..." sticker/info. The instruction booklet says it was printed in China, but where were the cans made??? Anyone know? Does your headphone say the country of origin? Am I blind and can't find it? Thanks for any info!
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable Headphones With Low Clamping Force From $200 To $1000 Last post on 10/25/12 at 5:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Building Custom Wood Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/30/12 at 11:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Thunderpants vs HD650 (stock or otherwise) Last post on 3/7/12 at 7:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?post #1 of 149/14/11 at 5:18pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/14/11 at 8:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 149/14/11 at 8:38pmpost #4 of 149/14/11 at 8:41pmpost #5 of 149/14/11 at 8:46pmThread Starter
Of course it matters. I like to know what I'm buying. And, it's required that products list the country of origin.
As for Chinese products, I never mentioned China. You did. I wonder why?
Quote:Originally Posted by BotByte
Does it matter?
Will you not buy them if they are made in China?
EDIT: WIKI says they are from Japan. You probably got a fake, you better return them and- They don't make fake T50RPspost #6 of 149/14/11 at 8:51pmpost #7 of 149/14/11 at 8:52pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/14/11 at 8:58pmQuote:Quote:
You inferred about them being made in China
Guess what, they are. Made in China and designed by the Japanese. Probably made in the same factory that makes ibuds.
post #9 of 149/14/11 at 10:39pmThread Starter
How do you know they were made in China?
Quote:post #10 of 149/14/11 at 10:43pmpost #11 of 149/14/11 at 10:45pmThread Starter
Why would you go straight to this thought? You must have some issues to work out. I simply stated that the manual said where it was printed, but the cans themselves did not have a "made in" sticker. I thought it was odd that the more important item didn't say where it was made. You tried to make this into a bigger deal.
post #12 of 149/15/11 at 1:13am
According to Wikipedia, Fostex IS the sole producer of iBuds. Who knew.
post #13 of 1412/16/12 at 10:20ammy guess is they are not made in china... i am looking to buy some now so i looked at some chinese websites to compare prices (i visit china often) and the price in china is double what it is in the US... but that doesn't always mean anything.post #14 of 1412/16/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Dang, Dude, you bumped a thread that is over a year old since the last posting. The Fostex headphones are made in Japan. A year and half back (or so) when Japan was affected by the major earthquake, it did have some impact on the production capabilities of Fostex while they were rebuilding. Now, does their whole line get made in Japan? That's a good question. Also, Fostex used to make the "D" series by Denon, which up until 9 months ago were being produced.
- Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › I will surely hate myself 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Audirvana Plus 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 (ver.2005) Appreciation Thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)