Hi, just got a new Fostex T50RP. I noticed that the box does not list a country of origin. Nor do the headphones have a "Made in..." sticker/info. The instruction booklet says it was printed in China, but where were the cans made??? Anyone know? Does your headphone say the country of origin? Am I blind and can't find it? Thanks for any info!
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable Headphones With Low Clamping Force From $200 To $1000 Last post on 10/25/12 at 5:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Building Custom Wood Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/30/12 at 11:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Thunderpants vs HD650 (stock or otherwise) Last post on 3/7/12 at 7:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?post #1 of 149/14/11 at 5:18pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/14/11 at 8:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 149/14/11 at 8:38pmpost #4 of 149/14/11 at 8:41pmpost #5 of 149/14/11 at 8:46pmThread Starter
Of course it matters. I like to know what I'm buying. And, it's required that products list the country of origin.
As for Chinese products, I never mentioned China. You did. I wonder why?
Quote:Originally Posted by BotByte
Does it matter?
Will you not buy them if they are made in China?
EDIT: WIKI says they are from Japan. You probably got a fake, you better return them and- They don't make fake T50RPspost #6 of 149/14/11 at 8:51pmpost #7 of 149/14/11 at 8:52pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/14/11 at 8:58pmQuote:Quote:
You inferred about them being made in China
Guess what, they are. Made in China and designed by the Japanese. Probably made in the same factory that makes ibuds.
post #9 of 149/14/11 at 10:39pmThread Starter
How do you know they were made in China?
Quote:post #10 of 149/14/11 at 10:43pmpost #11 of 149/14/11 at 10:45pmThread Starter
Why would you go straight to this thought? You must have some issues to work out. I simply stated that the manual said where it was printed, but the cans themselves did not have a "made in" sticker. I thought it was odd that the more important item didn't say where it was made. You tried to make this into a bigger deal.
post #12 of 149/15/11 at 1:13am
According to Wikipedia, Fostex IS the sole producer of iBuds. Who knew.
post #13 of 1412/16/12 at 10:20ammy guess is they are not made in china... i am looking to buy some now so i looked at some chinese websites to compare prices (i visit china often) and the price in china is double what it is in the US... but that doesn't always mean anything.post #14 of 1412/16/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Dang, Dude, you bumped a thread that is over a year old since the last posting. The Fostex headphones are made in Japan. A year and half back (or so) when Japan was affected by the major earthquake, it did have some impact on the production capabilities of Fostex while they were rebuilding. Now, does their whole line get made in Japan? That's a good question. Also, Fostex used to make the "D" series by Denon, which up until 9 months ago were being produced.
- Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What exactly is a neutral sound signature? 1 minute ago
- › Parting Out HD600 plus 580 grills and broken 650 headband -- good... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › ~200 usd in ear headphones recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › AKG's new K872? 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-5 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...