Hi, just got a new Fostex T50RP. I noticed that the box does not list a country of origin. Nor do the headphones have a "Made in..." sticker/info. The instruction booklet says it was printed in China, but where were the cans made??? Anyone know? Does your headphone say the country of origin? Am I blind and can't find it? Thanks for any info!
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable Headphones With Low Clamping Force From $200 To $1000 Last post on 10/25/12 at 5:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Building Custom Wood Over-Ear Headphones Last post on 5/30/12 at 11:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Thunderpants vs HD650 (stock or otherwise) Last post on 3/7/12 at 7:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?post #1 of 149/14/11 at 5:18pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/14/11 at 8:32pmThread Starterpost #3 of 149/14/11 at 8:38pmpost #4 of 149/14/11 at 8:41pmpost #5 of 149/14/11 at 8:46pmThread Starter
Of course it matters. I like to know what I'm buying. And, it's required that products list the country of origin.
As for Chinese products, I never mentioned China. You did. I wonder why?
Quote:Originally Posted by BotByte
Does it matter?
Will you not buy them if they are made in China?
EDIT: WIKI says they are from Japan. You probably got a fake, you better return them and- They don't make fake T50RPspost #6 of 149/14/11 at 8:51pmpost #7 of 149/14/11 at 8:52pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/14/11 at 8:58pmQuote:Quote:
You inferred about them being made in China
Guess what, they are. Made in China and designed by the Japanese. Probably made in the same factory that makes ibuds.
post #9 of 149/14/11 at 10:39pmThread Starter
How do you know they were made in China?
Quote:post #10 of 149/14/11 at 10:43pmpost #11 of 149/14/11 at 10:45pmThread Starter
Why would you go straight to this thought? You must have some issues to work out. I simply stated that the manual said where it was printed, but the cans themselves did not have a "made in" sticker. I thought it was odd that the more important item didn't say where it was made. You tried to make this into a bigger deal.
post #12 of 149/15/11 at 1:13am
According to Wikipedia, Fostex IS the sole producer of iBuds. Who knew.
post #13 of 1412/16/12 at 10:20ammy guess is they are not made in china... i am looking to buy some now so i looked at some chinese websites to compare prices (i visit china often) and the price in china is double what it is in the US... but that doesn't always mean anything.post #14 of 1412/16/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Dang, Dude, you bumped a thread that is over a year old since the last posting. The Fostex headphones are made in Japan. A year and half back (or so) when Japan was affected by the major earthquake, it did have some impact on the production capabilities of Fostex while they were rebuilding. Now, does their whole line get made in Japan? That's a good question. Also, Fostex used to make the "D" series by Denon, which up until 9 months ago were being produced.
- Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 9 seconds ago
- › FS IEM Chord & Major 8’13 ROCK TONAL EARPHONES in 10/10 cond 2 minutes ago
- › FS IEM Chord & Major 7’13 JAZZ TONAL EARPHONES in 10/10 cond 3 minutes ago
- › FS IEM Chord & Major 9’13 CLASSICAL TONAL EARPHONES in 10/10 cond 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Amp/Dac problems 4 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 8 minutes ago
- › Earphones but no IEM 8 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)