Hi, this is my first post in this forum and I'm wondering if you guys could help me decide between Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT440, or Alessandro MS-1. I did some research in the forum and find the urge to make a thread to help me more lol. My budget is around $100- $200ish (Australian $ or US). I like Almost every music genre unless metal and heavy metal lol. Thank you for your time. Any advice will greatly helps me make a decision
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 440 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- is one of this headphone a good complment to the akg k701? Last post on 8/20/11 at 2:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- need some help choosing my new pair of headphones Last post on 7/26/11 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- I made the switch... K702 to HD650. Last post on 3/26/11 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION This is going to be a long review – I'll get that out up front. My time with the U6 has been a...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
Review under construction.
Please give me some advice buying new canspost #1 of 149/12/11 at 7:45pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/12/11 at 8:00pmpost #3 of 149/12/11 at 9:11pmThread Starter
That also interesting. Thanks BotByte. Oh and I also forgot to note that I am very very interested in M50. Anyone recommend this can instead of anything mentioned above? Also I prefer not using any amp as I will be using them for traveling as well.
Edited by Jijaymon - 9/12/11 at 9:22pmpost #4 of 149/12/11 at 11:18pmThread Starterpost #5 of 149/12/11 at 11:29pmpost #6 of 149/13/11 at 12:37ampost #7 of 149/13/11 at 6:57amThread Starter
I was thinking of doing that dyl1dyl, but then I have issue getting a second hand I don't know why lol and some of the second hands still out of my budget. I want something bassy but it doesn't have to be as bassy as tma 1 for examplepost #8 of 149/13/11 at 8:25amQuote:
Ultrasone HFI 780
Shure SRH840 (& SRH750 DJ if you want more bass)
Fischer Audio FA-011 (& FA-002 for a more neutral approach)
Grado SR225i with G-Cush Pads
Very best,post #9 of 149/13/11 at 8:57amThread Starter
Thanks for the advice MalVeauX!! Now I am thinking about either M50 or SR225i or SRH840. Can you please tell me which one's better and explain it why?? Thank you so much :D oh and by the way why won't you recommend M50?
Edited by Jijaymon - 9/13/11 at 9:05ampost #10 of 149/14/11 at 2:52amQuote:
M50 has recessed mids, cramped sound stage, and is just not that exciting to listen to. It's a monitor. And honestly, not that great in my opinion for it's (these days) $150 price tag. If it were a $80 headphone, I'd likely consider it differently, but not at that price level it currently sells at. I automatically suggest the HFI 580 over it for every purpose since it's cheaper, does the same job, has slightly better sound (in my opinion), looks better, and has better sound stage. On that note, immediately jump to the HFI 780 for a more refined sound. The SRH840 is also a great neutral monitor, I would also go for it over the M50 for overall sound quality. The SR225i is an excellent headphone, very lively, energetic, can do great bass impact, and can be made to be comfortable with some G-Cush pads (but it's an open headphone so it will leak if that's a problem or not). It easily is the headphone I'd suggest over all these headphones in terms of just picking it up and never looking back. SR225i + G-Cush pads. Excellent for everything. But if you need closed, I'd look at the HFI 780 and SRH840 in the price range, over the M50.
Very best,post #11 of 149/15/11 at 6:57pmThread Starterpost #12 of 149/15/11 at 7:23pmpost #13 of 149/15/11 at 7:27pmThread Starterpost #14 of 149/15/11 at 7:29pmQuote:
They're not bad unamped, but they do sound much better when paired with a good amp.
- Please give me some advice buying new cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 4 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 8 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 8 minutes ago
- › MacBook Pro better than fiio x5ii ? 9 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 10 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 10 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 13 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse