Hi, this is my first post in this forum and I'm wondering if you guys could help me decide between Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT440, or Alessandro MS-1. I did some research in the forum and find the urge to make a thread to help me more lol. My budget is around $100- $200ish (Australian $ or US). I like Almost every music genre unless metal and heavy metal lol. Thank you for your time. Any advice will greatly helps me make a decision
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 440 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- is one of this headphone a good complment to the akg k701? Last post on 8/20/11 at 2:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- need some help choosing my new pair of headphones Last post on 7/26/11 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- I made the switch... K702 to HD650. Last post on 3/26/11 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Please give me some advice buying new canspost #1 of 149/12/11 at 7:45pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/12/11 at 8:00pmpost #3 of 149/12/11 at 9:11pmThread Starter
That also interesting. Thanks BotByte. Oh and I also forgot to note that I am very very interested in M50. Anyone recommend this can instead of anything mentioned above? Also I prefer not using any amp as I will be using them for traveling as well.
Edited by Jijaymon - 9/12/11 at 9:22pmpost #4 of 149/12/11 at 11:18pmThread Starterpost #5 of 149/12/11 at 11:29pmpost #6 of 149/13/11 at 12:37ampost #7 of 149/13/11 at 6:57amThread Starter
I was thinking of doing that dyl1dyl, but then I have issue getting a second hand I don't know why lol and some of the second hands still out of my budget. I want something bassy but it doesn't have to be as bassy as tma 1 for examplepost #8 of 149/13/11 at 8:25amQuote:
Ultrasone HFI 780
Shure SRH840 (& SRH750 DJ if you want more bass)
Fischer Audio FA-011 (& FA-002 for a more neutral approach)
Grado SR225i with G-Cush Pads
Very best,post #9 of 149/13/11 at 8:57amThread Starter
Thanks for the advice MalVeauX!! Now I am thinking about either M50 or SR225i or SRH840. Can you please tell me which one's better and explain it why?? Thank you so much :D oh and by the way why won't you recommend M50?
Edited by Jijaymon - 9/13/11 at 9:05ampost #10 of 149/14/11 at 2:52amQuote:
M50 has recessed mids, cramped sound stage, and is just not that exciting to listen to. It's a monitor. And honestly, not that great in my opinion for it's (these days) $150 price tag. If it were a $80 headphone, I'd likely consider it differently, but not at that price level it currently sells at. I automatically suggest the HFI 580 over it for every purpose since it's cheaper, does the same job, has slightly better sound (in my opinion), looks better, and has better sound stage. On that note, immediately jump to the HFI 780 for a more refined sound. The SRH840 is also a great neutral monitor, I would also go for it over the M50 for overall sound quality. The SR225i is an excellent headphone, very lively, energetic, can do great bass impact, and can be made to be comfortable with some G-Cush pads (but it's an open headphone so it will leak if that's a problem or not). It easily is the headphone I'd suggest over all these headphones in terms of just picking it up and never looking back. SR225i + G-Cush pads. Excellent for everything. But if you need closed, I'd look at the HFI 780 and SRH840 in the price range, over the M50.
Very best,post #11 of 149/15/11 at 6:57pmThread Starterpost #12 of 149/15/11 at 7:23pmpost #13 of 149/15/11 at 7:27pmThread Starterpost #14 of 149/15/11 at 7:29pmQuote:
They're not bad unamped, but they do sound much better when paired with a good amp.
- Please give me some advice buying new cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Three Word Story 39 seconds ago
- › Any headfi-ers in Connecticut? 43 seconds ago
- › sound card for k240 1 minute ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Rosewood Pre-Fazor For Sale 3 minutes ago
- › Need help connecting Android phone to ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...