Hi, this is my first post in this forum and I'm wondering if you guys could help me decide between Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT440, or Alessandro MS-1. I did some research in the forum and find the urge to make a thread to help me more lol. My budget is around $100- $200ish (Australian $ or US). I like Almost every music genre unless metal and heavy metal lol. Thank you for your time. Any advice will greatly helps me make a decision
Related Forum Threads
- is one of this headphone a good complment to the akg k701? Last post on 8/20/11 at 2:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- need some help choosing my new pair of headphones Last post on 7/26/11 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- I made the switch... K702 to HD650. Last post on 3/26/11 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
Related Head Gear
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Please give me some advice buying new canspost #1 of 149/12/11 at 7:45pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/12/11 at 8:00pmpost #3 of 149/12/11 at 9:11pmThread Starter
That also interesting. Thanks BotByte. Oh and I also forgot to note that I am very very interested in M50. Anyone recommend this can instead of anything mentioned above? Also I prefer not using any amp as I will be using them for traveling as well.
Edited by Jijaymon - 9/12/11 at 9:22pmpost #4 of 149/12/11 at 11:18pmThread Starterpost #5 of 149/12/11 at 11:29pmpost #6 of 149/13/11 at 12:37ampost #7 of 149/13/11 at 6:57amThread Starter
I was thinking of doing that dyl1dyl, but then I have issue getting a second hand I don't know why lol and some of the second hands still out of my budget. I want something bassy but it doesn't have to be as bassy as tma 1 for examplepost #8 of 149/13/11 at 8:25amQuote:
Ultrasone HFI 780
Shure SRH840 (& SRH750 DJ if you want more bass)
Fischer Audio FA-011 (& FA-002 for a more neutral approach)
Grado SR225i with G-Cush Pads
Very best,post #9 of 149/13/11 at 8:57amThread Starter
Thanks for the advice MalVeauX!! Now I am thinking about either M50 or SR225i or SRH840. Can you please tell me which one's better and explain it why?? Thank you so much :D oh and by the way why won't you recommend M50?
Edited by Jijaymon - 9/13/11 at 9:05ampost #10 of 149/14/11 at 2:52amQuote:
M50 has recessed mids, cramped sound stage, and is just not that exciting to listen to. It's a monitor. And honestly, not that great in my opinion for it's (these days) $150 price tag. If it were a $80 headphone, I'd likely consider it differently, but not at that price level it currently sells at. I automatically suggest the HFI 580 over it for every purpose since it's cheaper, does the same job, has slightly better sound (in my opinion), looks better, and has better sound stage. On that note, immediately jump to the HFI 780 for a more refined sound. The SRH840 is also a great neutral monitor, I would also go for it over the M50 for overall sound quality. The SR225i is an excellent headphone, very lively, energetic, can do great bass impact, and can be made to be comfortable with some G-Cush pads (but it's an open headphone so it will leak if that's a problem or not). It easily is the headphone I'd suggest over all these headphones in terms of just picking it up and never looking back. SR225i + G-Cush pads. Excellent for everything. But if you need closed, I'd look at the HFI 780 and SRH840 in the price range, over the M50.
Very best,post #11 of 149/15/11 at 6:57pmThread Starterpost #12 of 149/15/11 at 7:23pmpost #13 of 149/15/11 at 7:27pmThread Starterpost #14 of 149/15/11 at 7:29pmQuote:
They're not bad unamped, but they do sound much better when paired with a good amp.
- Please give me some advice buying new cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Xbox ONE 32 seconds ago
- › The Christiansen "DG" 300B Amplifier Build Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sansa Fuze vs Clip Zip+ vs Clip + who is the best? 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser unipolar 2000 7 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 7 minutes ago
- › Is it still worth "investing" in 5.5 Gen. iPods/iMods? (sounds... 8 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe