Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › XB700/XB500/Dre Beats Studio owners some questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XB700/XB500/Dre Beats Studio owners some questions

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

Hi guys, new here and about to purchase a set of cans. I admit im looking for some headphones that will blow my head off with bass. I am not looking for an accurate sound. Also ill be listening to about 75% Rap music so these and the XB500 models seem to fit the bill. I've read over the XB500 vs XB700 thread and am still very undecided on which to get - hoping some of you guys can help me out on deciding.

 

Ive got a couple questions first thing first and what's somewhat holding me back from the 700's how are they comfort wise? I owned the Dre Beats Studios before and while they were pretty comfy the things were freaking heavy ended up selling them. I know after a while I'd get some fatigue about an hour or so in, how do the 700's match up as far as weight and size? Are they pretty much the same size/weight/bulk as the Studios?

 

I am also curious which ones pack more bass is it true the XB500's do (non-equalized)? I will be listening to music primarily on my iPhone/iPad.....although a lot of my music is flac/lossless it won't be eq'd aside from whatever you can eq in the ipod settings which prob isn't much.


There are no Sony Style stores or Best Buys which have any of these models on display so its tough for me deciding.

post #2 of 20

While I haven't tried the XB700's, I heard that while the 500's provide more bass in general, the 700's give out less, but better detailed, bass.

 

I own the 500's and think there one of the most comfortable headphones I'd purchased, as long as you aren't planning on walking around outside in warm weather, then they will be fine.

post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra View Post

While I haven't tried the XB700's, I heard that while the 500's provide more bass in general, the 700's give out less, but better detailed, bass.

 

I own the 500's and think there one of the most comfortable headphones I'd purchased, as long as you aren't planning on walking around outside in warm weather, then they will be fine.

I appreciate the input, oh yea forgot to mention I won't be wearing them in public really mainly at home or in the car on long road trips.
post #4 of 20

Then yeah, you'll be fine. Just watch out if you're around others while listening with them. They are vented in the back, but as long as you are not in complete silence, and aren't blasting them, others won't really be able to hear any of your music.

 

Oh, and be careful about buying. A Fake XB700 popped up a little while ago.


Edited by Extra - 9/12/11 at 7:01pm
post #5 of 20


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra View Post

Then yeah, you'll be fine. Just watch out if you're around others while listening with them. They are vented in the back, but as long as you are not in complete silence, and aren't blasting them, others won't really be able to hear any of your music.

 

Oh, and be careful about buying. A Fake XB700 popped up a little while ago.


 

Yeah, I would recommend  to go to Amazon to get the Xb700, recently bought them from there for 79$ atm.

post #6 of 20
Thread Starter 
I know right, definitely avoid sites like ebay I did purchase via amazon. I went ahead and went with the XB500's as I'm reading from most accounts they have got more punch and kick to them out the box which is what I want.

I also decided on the 500 since the XB700 look somewhat similar in size and weight to the Beats Studio's - and those were just a bit on the bulky and heavy side for me. I know the 500's are still pretty big but hopefully lighter on the head and still similar in sound quality.

I hope I've made the right choice for 49 bucks guess you can't go wrong.
post #7 of 20

I think you made the right choice, XB500 is really lightweight, you can barely feel them on your head, something I value a lot as well and you'll appriciate the bass punch/impact it has over XB700.

post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

I think you made the right choice, XB500 is really lightweight, you can barely feel them on your head, something I value a lot as well and you'll appriciate the bass punch/impact it has over XB700.



I hope so....

 

BTW does anybody have any good recommendations/screen shots they can post of some of there iTunes EQ adjustments on the XB500?

 

I know iTunes is frowned upon here but I've got all my music collection on there and own iPad/iPhones/iPods etc so its all I use. I'd like to get better sound if possible when using them on my PC.

post #9 of 20
post #10 of 20

XB700 / thread :3

post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbdawson View Post





I hope so....

 

BTW does anybody have any good recommendations/screen shots they can post of some of there iTunes EQ adjustments on the XB500?

 

I know iTunes is frowned upon here but I've got all my music collection on there and own iPad/iPhones/iPods etc so its all I use. I'd like to get better sound if possible when using them on my PC.


iTunes EQ sux pretty much but here's what kind of settings I thought was optimal on it...

 

iTunes-xb500-balanced.jpg

 

post #12 of 20

Heya,

 

A challenger appears. The Panasonic RP-HTF600.

 

They compete directly with the XB500's bass. Yet, have the sound of the XB500's once equalized up in the mids/highs to make them more balanced. Ignore their cost. They sound incredible. Try 'em. I'm wearing a set right now and ordered a second.

 

Very best,

post #13 of 20
Thread Starter 

I appreciate the post, sorry a little late as im barely digesting them in they sound pretty good for the most part. Nice bass that I even have to crank down it at times could blow your ears off I dont mind it though. gs1000.gif

 

I tried the EQ settings and they sound ok but it seems im not getting much bass as opposed to default. Is there anything I can change for more kick?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

iTunes EQ sux pretty much but here's what kind of settings I thought was optimal on it...

 

iTunes-xb500-balanced.jpg

 



 

post #14 of 20

Do those Panasonics actually sound that fun? Would they be more fun than say, the Ultrasone HFI-580? And a third question, I like particularly cold cans, not necessarily dark, but heavy in the mid-upper bass, like the DT770, except even colder. How do those cans compare in that respect? (I would like to go in the opposite direction of price for a while. The D2000 and DT770+sound card has put a bit of strain on my purchasing XD).

post #15 of 20

Cold=clinical
Warm=bassy/notclinical.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › XB700/XB500/Dre Beats Studio owners some questions