Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Takatsuki Electric TA-300B
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Takatsuki Electric TA-300B - Page 6

post #76 of 113

I wait about 30 minutes also, but sometimes (usually weekends) the amp is on all day and I may not get to listening for hours. I should also mention that I burn in for at least 48 hours (12 hrs a day) using the JLab tool. It uses white and pink noise, as well as various frequency sweeps (with breaks in between). I found this has a more profound effect than just playing music through it, and it accelerates the burn in effect.

post #77 of 113

Would be interesting to know if you got your STC4300B tubes, any impressions are very welcome.


 

THX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiertijai View Post

Dear nd4speed,

   Thanks for your impression.

   I am looking forward for more impression after burnin and would like to have

the comparison between this version and the new version.  Hope will get that info

soon because I don't want to spend another 40,000 Yen for the new version if the performance

are not much different.   I finally purchased the STC4300B  pair (mint condition ) as soon as

I saw in other website that the price of one NOS STC300B pair with box is double around 4000+$

I hope they will arrive in two weeks so that I can compare with my original WE300B and Mazda PP5/400

I hope I can get the TA300B to compare too but the expense is too much for this month budget



 

post #78 of 113

Would be interesting to know if you got your STC4300B tubes, any impressions are very welcome.

    Thanks for the interest.  I got a pair of STC4300B.   However I sent my amplifier for modification.

Will have it back early next week and will be able to provide the initial impression next week

 

post #79 of 113

I asked Keiko at Amtrans about the Takatsuki 274b pricing, and she confirmed they weigh in at 80,000 Yen per tube. I fedback that a rectifier being more pricey than a equivalent triode was odd!

 

Current pricing is for a pair of Takatsuki 274b - 160,000

For takatsuki 300b revised is 135,000 approx

 

I would assume that triodes are more difficult to construct than diodes - though not being an expert perhaps someone can comment on this.

 

My *guess* is that the pricing reflects the quantity of rectifiers used in common amplifier configurations - ie do most SETs out there use just the one fullwave rectifier? My woo5 uses 2 and this really prices the taka 274b out of my reach which is rather dissapointing. 

 

Were talking 2/3 times the cost of NOS Mullard fullwaves!

post #80 of 113

I had the opportunity to have listened to both and found the Woo W5 better in all aspects. At the time I used the western electric 300b/tungsol 1942 round plate/eml 5ug4.

post #81 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Raal View Post

Awesome pic, I considered going down the EC route, I'm really happy with my Woo - but I always wonder how it would of sounded. Living in England doesn't make it easy to audition this kit!

 


I had the opportunity to have listened to both and found the Woo W5 better in all aspects. At the time I used the western electric 300b/tungsol 1942 round plate/eml 5ug4.

 

post #82 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post

Would be interesting to know if you got your STC4300B tubes, any impressions are very welcome.


 

THX



 


+1 I'd be very interesting to see how these stack up to your vintage WEs.popcorn.gif


Has anyone else noticed the unusual increase of "etched base" WEs on ebay? Unfortunately they look really, really fake.

 

post #83 of 113

Hello guys,

 

I have 2 pairs of white base TA-300b for sale in Europe. Have used them for max. 50 hours in my Audio Note Kegon amps. As I have sold the amps with cheaper tubes, Takasukis are available for sale if someone needs.

Have also 2 pairs of  year 2000. made WE 300b.

All info on gromada330@msn.com

post #84 of 113

+1 I'd be very interesting to see how these stack up to your vintage WEs.popcorn.gif


Has anyone else noticed the unusual increase of "etched base" WEs on ebay? Unfortunately they look really, really fake.

 

    The STC4300 A or B are wonderful tubes.  I don't have the Takatsuki 300b so I can not compare with that. However I do have

several WE300B from engraved , 1950 1960 to other vintage years.   The STC4300's are  burning in now.  From what I can say is that

I rank them the same level as WE300B 1960's especially the STC4300A.  The mid is one of the best , very smooth flowing, full

and rich (not like the WE300B),   the bass is dynamic and impactful, the soundstage is as large  as WE 300B

I  also noted the etched base WE300B on ebay , however I know from one of my seller that he has recently acquired 5 engraved WE300B

but no original box.   Two pairs are almost matched and with very strong test.  However I have not much experience to say that they are fake or not.

I have not enough fund now which is good because if the price is attractive I may be tempted to purchase another pair for real  daily use.  The engraved WE300B

NOS that I have I rarely use I only tested them , after  limited burn in I leave in storage until show time.

 

300beq STC4300Amilitary.jpg

post #85 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiertijai View Post

+1 I'd be very interesting to see how these stack up to your vintage WEs.popcorn.gif


Has anyone else noticed the unusual increase of "etched base" WEs on ebay? Unfortunately they look really, really fake.

 

    The STC4300 A or B are wonderful tubes.  I don't have the Takatsuki 300b so I can not compare with that. However I do have

several WE300B from engraved , 1950 1960 to other vintage years.   The STC4300's are  burning in now.  From what I can say is that

I rank them the same level as WE300B 1960's especially the STC4300A.  The mid is one of the best , very smooth flowing, full

and rich (not like the WE300B),   the bass is dynamic and impactful, the soundstage is as large  as WE 300B

I  also noted the etched base WE300B on ebay , however I know from one of my seller that he has recently acquired 5 engraved WE300B

but no original box.   Two pairs are almost matched and with very strong test.  However I have not much experience to say that they are fake or not.

I have not enough fund now which is good because if the price is attractive I may be tempted to purchase another pair for real  daily use.  The engraved WE300B

NOS that I have I rarely use I only tested them , after  limited burn in I leave in storage until show time.

 

300beq STC4300Amilitary.jpg

Thanks for the insights Kiertijai, I'm really glad you got a nice strong set. With this kind of money it's hard to purchase without test results on modern equipment. It's entirely possible to pay thousands and get something that's practically "half-dead" or worse. To be fair, one pair from the seller did look pretty good, but the other pair that the same seller had looked like the engraving was burned in with a wood burning iron. tongue.gif

 

Regarding the STC: "the mid is one of the best , very smooth flowing, full and rich (not like the WE300B)" would you say that the mid range (vocal) quality is superior to the vintage WEs in regards to tone and smoothness? How would you characterize the treble reproduction? Very intriguing that the STC also has strong bass characteristics, typically noted as a weak quality of the WEs. Thanks.

post #86 of 113

Did anyone have a chance to hear those Psvane WE-300b 100% replicas? 

post #87 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbede View Post

Did anyone have a chance to hear those Psvane WE-300b 100% replicas? 

 

I think basically Psvane QA Shuguang tubes & pick the better measure one.

post #88 of 113
Thread Starter 

My friend never get back to me with the new TA-300 availability, so I went ahead and brought a new TRI Triode TRV-845SE amp.  2A3C drives 845.  Won't be messing with 300B for a while :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9609046@N06/7201503250/in/photostream

 

Cheers !

Dominic

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADiver View Post

 

Told my friend to send me a pair of the new Takatsuki 300B when it become available in mid April.  140,000 yen !

Hope it worth it !!

post #89 of 113

Just bumping this one to see if any updates can be posted.

 

THX

post #90 of 113
Has anyone found a source for these tubes now that amtrans cannot ship them to the US?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Takatsuki Electric TA-300B