I'm a complete novice when it comes to sound.
What I have:
- MSI P67A-GD65 motherboard with the Realtek ALC892 sound chip.
- Generic 2.1 speaker system (slightly above average).
- Philips MC-M570 stereo.
- Philips SHE9550 in-ear plugs.
What I seek:
- An increased quality audio experience when playing games, e.g. the upcoming Battlefield.
- Music as well, taste is hardcore rock/metal with the odd dubstep; a pretty varied music taste over all.
- I'm also interested in movies.
What I have been looking at:
- The ASUS Xonar series. Not sure which one to pick from the D1, DS or the DX.
- AKG K 242 HD headphones.
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones.
- Audio Technica ATH-AD300 headphones.
- Sennheiser HD518 headphones.
What I plan to buy:
- I'm leaning towards the AKG K 242 HD together with the ASUS Xonar DX, but I'm not sure if this will be a good choice.
Any help is greatly appreciated.