or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King - Page 155

post #2311 of 2323
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNuneek View Post
 


What's that black Fiio box connected straight into your iPhone? I have an old iPod with a busted headphone jack and something like that could make it useable again. Does that box only produce a line out level for use with amps or does the iPods volume control still work?

That is the Fiio L11 connector.  It has a USB input and a 3.5mm out.  So you can sync/charge with this connector and also have audio line out for amps.

post #2312 of 2323
Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
 

That is the Fiio L11 connector.  It has a USB input and a 3.5mm out.  So you can sync/charge with this connector and also have audio line out for amps.


Thanks for the info. I think I want to get something like this to revive my old 60gb iPod video. I got so much music on there it would be nice to use it again.

post #2313 of 2323

I call this the Post-it Note shaker. Who knew that Lorde could make a piece of paper tremble in fear?

 

Koss ProDJ100, with Fiio E7 as dac, Fiio E12 DIY w/Muses8920 and Buf634.  Bass boosted 12db at 50hz.  Cotton balls inside the cups and foam added  inside of the earpads. Set on high gain and around 60% volume.

 

 

 

post #2314 of 2323

Got me some China made MDR-XB500 earpads.  Works great on the Koss PRODJ-100. I used double sided heavy duty 3M foam tape. Sub bass improved a lot. I'm using the same EQ setting in Accudio that is being used with the Pioneer SE CX-8. Pads added more impact that can be felt on the face. Amp used is FIIO E12A on high gain and bass enabled.  

 

 

 

post #2315 of 2323
Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post

Deeper Subbass and I can actually feel the vibrations now.  Too bad it can't handle too much power, but it's fun hd nevertheless.  

how you retired the pads? they seem to be attached to the headphone

and why all the cottom in there?
Edited by Sarita Coshaa - 11/10/15 at 4:35pm
post #2316 of 2323

Does anyone know if the german maestro 8.35 pads fit the koss. I prefer the sound of the koss pads over m50s even though sound quality is better with m50s but the pads goes hard after a while ? anyone have any suggestions for a comfortable pad that still sounds like the koss original pads ?

post #2317 of 2323
∆∆∆

I recently pulled out my padless 100 and fitted it with I think are Audio Technica ES-7 pads. As far I remember,the sound is similar but the pads are definitely better in quality.


I totally forgot about the stereo/mono switch. Combined with the 3D effect on my iCan amp,vocals can get pushed waaaay back.
post #2318 of 2323

Revivin' the old love! 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/koss-prodj100/reviews/16009 My take on these headphones...

post #2319 of 2323

Hey,

Will these pads work?  Seems like a pretty good deal

 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-earpads-for-m50x-and-beyerdynamic-dt

post #2320 of 2323
Quote:
Originally Posted by kl884347 View Post
 

Hey,

Will these pads work?  Seems like a pretty good deal

 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dekoni-earpads-for-m50x-and-beyerdynamic-dt

 

I believe all M50x pads will fit them.

post #2321 of 2323
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaxD View Post
 

 

I believe all M50x pads will fit them.


Do you currently use the m50x pads? Will the Ms7r ones fit you think?

 

These 100s are different when amped for sure. They can produce qualitybass

 

Stock pads not so pad once stretched out and stuffed. Ears will fit fine and sub-bass/mid bass extends a bit better with added punch

 

As cool as KSC75/ur40 (super super budget) are , these are just another notch up there ... surprisingly rich vocals ... Tragically Hip sounds oh so good on these ... not bad for budget KINGS

post #2322 of 2323
Thread Starter 

Still own two pairs of these! Still one of my all time favorites.

I actually find the Tony Bennett version to sound a little better (can't really confirm it) and that's the one I use.

I probably haven't used them without the M50 pads in years.

 

The biggest negative of these is that I MYSELF could never use them without an amp.

Even my HD-650 does better without an amp somehow.

The bass on the DJ100 is very underrated. I think it's nearly flat down to 10hz and you can actually hear/feel the low bass.

The KRK KNS-8400 also has impressive low bass and that's considered bass light to some.

There is bass on the DJ100 that's basically missing on the Q701, HD650 and the DT-880. HD-650 actually has pretty good low bass for an open headphone.

 

My most used headphone though in the last 2 years has been the HD-650 (I'm mostly retired from headphones sort of).

 

Someday I want to try the new Koss Pro4S but it's too expensive for me right now.

I asked Koss for a review unit loaner, but no reply. I guess they don't trust me :biggrin:

I'm their #1 DJ100 fanboy too...boo

 

BTW I can hear differences between all my gear changes with this headphone just like on the DT-880!

I can hear them a little on the HD-650, but not as easily.

 

I wish Koss could somehow figure out how to make a portable open headphone using this driver.

With this driver they could easily make a better sounding headphone than even the HD-598 (which I really like, but ruined with mods).

This driver is held back by the enclosure I think, but still manages to sound pretty amazing.

post #2323 of 2323
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post
 

Still own two pairs of these! Still one of my all time favorites.

I actually find the Tony Bennett version to sound a little better (can't really confirm it) and that's the one I use.

I probably haven't used them without the M50 pads in years.

 

The biggest negative of these is that I MYSELF could never use them without an amp.

Even my HD-650 does better without an amp somehow.

The bass on the DJ100 is very underrated. I think it's nearly flat down to 10hz and you can actually hear/feel the low bass.

The KRK KNS-8400 also has impressive low bass and that's considered bass light to some.

There is bass on the DJ100 that's basically missing on the Q701, HD650 and the DT-880. HD-650 actually has pretty good low bass for an open headphone.

 

My most used headphone though in the last 2 years has been the HD-650 (I'm mostly retired from headphones sort of).

 

Someday I want to try the new Koss Pro4S but it's too expensive for me right now.

I asked Koss for a review unit loaner, but no reply. I guess they don't trust me :biggrin:

I'm their #1 DJ100 fanboy too...boo

 

BTW I can hear differences between all my gear changes with this headphone just like on the DT-880!

I can hear them a little on the HD-650, but not as easily.

 

I wish Koss could somehow figure out how to make a portable open headphone using this driver.

With this driver they could easily make a better sounding headphone than even the HD-598 (which I really like, but ruined with mods).

This driver is held back by the enclosure I think, but still manages to sound pretty amazing.

If anyone deserves a pro4s to test its you.

I'm quite pleased with the 100.

 

As for open, i guess you could just throw it into a ur40 shell.

When mine dies, i will use that shell. :D

That is the most comfortable can (ur40) ever.

 

The bass is underrated on dj100. It doesn't have the slam of my xb1k (which is also a sub bass monster) but amped, its quite there and of high quality.

Thx for your 100 love and recommendation.


Edited by SHAMuuu - 10/10/16 at 5:01pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King