or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King - Page 154

post #2296 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperxp View Post

Today I visited BH Camera shop in NY. I had a chance to hear a lot of headphones, from different brands and priced very differently.
1. The Kosses are surely nit the best headphones out there. But they do try to have the same character that the best headphones have - to be truly neutral.
2. I liked Sennheiser HD650 more but not the 598 or 600 - too layd back sound.
3. The headphones I personally liked the most are the P7, QC25 and Fostex TH500RP. So it will be really challenging to change the Kosses to something at least as good and not get broke in the process.

 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I totally disagree with you. The Sennheiser HD600 is audiophile quality whereas the Koss Pro DJ-100 is not. 

The Koss is like a toy compared to the HD600. The overall sound quality of the HD600 is so open and smooth compared to the closed and canned quality of the Koss Pro DJ-100. I know this for a fact as I own an HD600 and used to own the Pro DJ-100 which I returned. 

 

Want even better, more open and vibrant sound than the P7, QC25 and Fostex TH500RP? Have you tried Grado's? Especially the new 325e!

post #2297 of 2306
I am with @maltronics here.

I had the pro dj100 for a year and I liked it. With the M50 pads it sounded really good. For the money. I bought them on sale for $39 and they punched way above that price. But since more and more headphones in that region are really good, I gave the DJ100 away as a gift and never missed it. It's a great entry level headphone. I don't think it is anywhere near HD598 territory (I do have the HD598 and 650 and they are going nowhere ;smily_headphones1.gif)

Cheers,
K
post #2298 of 2306

I think the KOSS pro is very very underrated, the clarity and detail retrieval competes with headphones way above its price. I have tried many headphones but when I put these on, it WOWs me. there is just something special with this headphone.

post #2299 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
 

I think the KOSS pro is very very underrated, the clarity and detail retrieval competes with headphones way above its price. I have tried many headphones but when I put these on, it WOWs me. there is just something special with this headphone.

 

Yes I agree, the Koss DJ-100 wowed me also, especially when the headband joints above the cups

made a knocking noise whenever I moved my jaw!

 

Yes the sound is decent in consideration of the price.

 

If you want a way better sounding headphone, more vibrant, detailed than the Koss Pro DJ-100 for only

about $30-40 more, check out a Grado SR-60.

post #2300 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post

I think the KOSS pro is very very underrated, the clarity and detail retrieval competes with headphones way above its price. I have tried many headphones but when I put these on, it WOWs me. there is just something special with this headphone.

Yes, agreed, with the right source and properly amped this headphones throws in quite a punch, very much above its price, build, quality is also top.

Cheers,
K
post #2301 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltronics View Post

Yes I agree, the Koss DJ-100 wowed me also, especially when the headband joints above the cups
made a knocking noise whenever I moved my jaw!

Yes the sound is decent in consideration of the price.

If you want a way better sounding headphone, more vibrant, detailed than the Koss Pro DJ-100 for only
about $30-40 more, check out a Grado SR-60.
+1 to the SR-60...at least its awesome at some things!

The DJ-100s aren't all that bad, but given the hype, it was one of the few headphones that I decided to pay 'full price' for. I think $79 at the time -- UGH!

When I consider some of the other headphones I have under $80 -- V-Moda M80 for $40, ATH-WS55 for $29, Sony 701's for $35, CALs for $70ish, etc., I Cringe.
post #2302 of 2306

I opened up a few vent holes behind the koss driver and used bigger ear pads.  Sound improved big time.  

 

post #2303 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post

I opened up a few vent holes behind the koss driver and used bigger ear pads.  Sound improved big time.  

 


Sound improved in what ways?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #2304 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfizz98 View Post


Sound improved in what ways?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

 

Deeper Subbass and I can actually feel the vibrations now.  Too bad it can't handle too much power, but it's fun hd nevertheless.  

post #2305 of 2306

Can't handle too much power? As in the sound gets muddy? Also, what pads are those and what kind of setup are you using?

 

I guess I can try that mod myself by drilling the two holes you've shown in the picture.

post #2306 of 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfizz98 View Post
 

Can't handle too much power? As in the sound gets muddy? Also, what pads are those and what kind of setup are you using?

 

I guess I can try that mod myself by drilling the two holes you've shown in the picture.

Yes, the sound does get muddy.  No drilling required.  I just used a small screwdriver to puncture the "filter".  

 

 

These are the pads.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDT894?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King