Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King - Page 153

post #2281 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsis View Post

Big cushy pads and better bass extension.

Exactly what I need... Pleather pads? The Evo comes with foam too. Which should I use?
post #2282 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by durden View Post

Exactly what I need... Pleather pads? The Evo comes with foam too. Which should I use?
I got my Evo in a trade... all I got was pleather.
post #2283 of 2293
post #2284 of 2293

I have a DJ200, which is the same headphone but with a detachable cable. these have AMAZING details and clarity.... every time I put them on, they surprise me with their detail retrieval.

post #2285 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickT View Post

Anyone know what the deal is with the DJ100w? http://www.koss.com/en/products/headphones/full_size_headphones/PRODJ100W__PRODJ100w_Full_Size_Headphones

They look nice...

W=white? They look identical otherwise.....
post #2286 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


W=white? They look identical otherwise.....

Yeah, that's the way it seems. It does say they are a limited edition or something...

post #2287 of 2293

I love the DJ100 but might try out the 200s next considering they're so cheap. Do you reckon the sound quality is slightly better on the DJ200s?

post #2288 of 2293

According to reviews, they are identical, I bought the 200 merely for its detachable cable since I do online gaming and wanted to pair it with a V-Moda boom pro. For music, again, According to reviews, the 100 suffices.

post #2289 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy844 View Post
 

I love the DJ100 but might try out the 200s next considering they're so cheap. Do you reckon the sound quality is slightly better on the DJ200s?


I second Sam above. I cant tell any difference on the sound of these two. Granted, i returned my DJ100 and then bought the 200 a while later. so no side by side comparison.

B!

post #2290 of 2293

How does dj100 compare Takstar pro80, or jvc-rx900? Those are the best affordable closed headphones I've heard. 

post #2291 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
 

How does dj100 compare Takstar pro80, or jvc-rx900? Those are the best affordable closed headphones I've heard. 

DJ100 is more refined than the Takstar more controlled smoother treble, less bloomy bass and destroys everything under 150 dollars in vocals. 

post #2292 of 2293

Nice! I kind of expected that on treble, because Takstars obviously have some issues there. Guess I have to hear it myself. Thing is that Koss is not affordable in europe, but for sake of comparison I think I have to hear it.  You are talking about stock dj100, not with m50 pads or something? If it takes extra pads I will have to pass because it would completely destroy the value for money aspect. How about soundstage compared to pro80? Soundstage, imaging and the overall air and easinyes of presentation is what I find Takstars being good at. I've heard quite a few of these budget kings...Ha-rx900 has it on best treble, pro80 on soundstage imaging etc, somic mh463 wins the bass department(of course not for basshead's but for general good quality bass) and pioneer ha-s1000 is the most balanced overall performer. Superluxes are hit and miss, all models are lacking in one way or another.

post #2293 of 2293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
 

Nice! I kind of expected that on treble, because Takstars obviously have some issues there. Guess I have to hear it myself. Thing is that Koss is not affordable in europe, but for sake of comparison I think I have to hear it.  You are talking about stock dj100, not with m50 pads or something? If it takes extra pads I will have to pass because it would completely destroy the value for money aspect. How about soundstage compared to pro80? Soundstage, imaging and the overall air and easinyes of presentation is what I find Takstars being good at. I've heard quite a few of these budget kings...Ha-rx900 has it on best treble, pro80 on soundstage imaging etc, somic mh463 wins the bass department(of course not for basshead's but for general good quality bass) and pioneer ha-s1000 is the most balanced overall performer. Superluxes are hit and miss, all models are lacking in one way or another.

I think original pads actually makes them sound cleaner while the M50 pads add a little solidity to the sound but overall it's not that big of a difference. My biggest reason for switching pads is because I have larger than average ears original pads are very uncomfortable. 

 

Takstars advantage is a much bigger sound with more expansive soundstage and their balance is more natural because the Koss accentuate the mids more. I am going off memory though I don't have takstars anymore. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King