- 785 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Tucson, Arizona
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 10/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New pads for Koss pro dj100?? Last post on 8/21/15 at 1:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- US$275 Budget advice: Koss Pro DJ100 vs Denon AH-D1100 vs Sony ZX700 + Amp for B'day present... Last post on 1/12/12 at 9:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a headphone for my wife in the $50 to $100 price Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King - Page 86post #1276 of 232012/4/12 at 3:14pmThe trebble and mids are terrible in my opinion.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1277 of 232012/4/12 at 3:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by CrystalT
I was given a pair of the pro dj 100 for my birthday. does anyone have the ability to take pictures of the insides of the dj 200? The extra wires for the mono/stereo switch make it difficult for me to mod the pro 100 to have a removable cable.
Been giving them a lot of head time. My opinion of them hasn't really changed. I love the construction, though. I may transplant different drivers in at some point because they are rugged as ****.
I'm drooling at the concept of the dj 100's mostly metal body with a more mid/bright/analytical sound signature.
I can go one better.
Disassembled and labelled:
Widen that hole for a 3.5mm female jack.
Solder dem wires.
Put the jack in place and secure with epoxy glue.
Admire your new DJ100 with removable cables.post #1278 of 232012/4/12 at 3:54pmpost #1279 of 232012/4/12 at 6:03pmpost #1280 of 232012/4/12 at 6:10pmQuote:
£25 premium here. No thanks.
The person I responded to already had the DJ100s as well.post #1281 of 232012/4/12 at 6:40pmThread Starter
Ok, sure. Then why don't you just sell them or give them away?
Any headphone with terrible mids and treble would be unlistenable to me.
Are you using them with an external amp? If not, you should do it.
I forget, weren't you the person who felt the Skullcandy Hesh 2 was amazing or something and sounded much better?
I haven't heard that so I wouldn't know what it's like.post #1282 of 232012/4/12 at 6:46pmThread StarterQuote:
I've noticed something weird about your DJ100.
Every single pair i've had had zero of those holes in the cup drilled straight down to the metal.
The Tony Bennett does, but never the DJ100.
I guess there must be a reason Koss drills these holes deeper now on the DJ100. I don't have a clue what it does for the sound.
I almost pulled the trigger on HDJ-2000 pads but just couldn't do it. $38.00 after shipping. Yuck!
I'm using Pro700 MKII pads now and they're OK.
I was using a Fuze with rockbox with LOD cable to E11/Airhead and it was sounding very bad tonight.
Switched to headphone jack and it's so much better for the DJ100. Maybe the line out on the Fuze isn't that good...
I've never figured out this mystery...my HD-650 prefers the LOD cable method.
Maybe the DJ100 needs more power than the HD-650 to be at it's best. Only kidding I think..post #1283 of 232012/4/12 at 7:09pmThread Starter
Listening to the DJ100 right now with Fuze V2 to Airhead using the 1/8" jack and Rockbox. Sounds pretty impressive.
It's nearly as warm sounding as my HD-650. This makes absolutely no sense but last night it was fuller sounding and slightly bassier than my (weird) HD-650 using both for gaming.
I was playing "Dark Souls" with both and noticed the DJ100 was much more revealing of the poor quality soundtrack of Dark Souls. It wasn't that bad though.
I was using the Xbox 360 with RCA cables straight to my Headroom Micro Amp.
BTW i've been using Pro700 MKII pads for the last couple of weeks. I don't want to suggest them since they're probably going to be as bad as stock pads when it comes to comfort.
They just sound better! Slightly better comfort when you stretch them out. The soundstage isn't as good as those of the M50 pads and there's a little less treble (due to your ears being closer to the driver).
Wonder if it's the general consensus that the Clip/Fuze are slightly warm portable players. I doubt anyone would think so, but I only noticed this with my KRKs and HD-650 when comparing it to my ODAC+Micro Amp.
I bought an Ipod Video (5.5) from my mom for dirt cheap, but it had a dead battery. Stupid me went to replace it and chopped off a ribbon inside trying to pry it apart (it's tough!). Can't wait to try it with the DJ100 once my repair parts come in.
That was like $50 down the drain..or so I thought. Luckily a replacement ribbon costs around $4.
Next year i'm thinking of getting a Lyr for my DJ100 and HD-650. Anyone tried the Lyr with the DJ100? $450 investment on a $80 headphone. Sounds good to me! Should get a Bifrost while i'm at it..post #1284 of 232012/4/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
What do you think I am? Daft? That would be like using a Asgard to amp my £10 Sony MH1Cs...wait.
I would be very tempted actually, but Schiit are considerably more expensive in the UK than the US and I'm considering picking up a pair of Behringer Truth 2031A monitors. Should have some change left over for new pads.post #1285 of 232012/5/12 at 1:53am
resolution is really bad on these. so is instrument separation. mids are very colored and highs, where are they? cheap sennheisers or sony are better options in this price range imo.post #1286 of 232012/5/12 at 2:45am
i've been using them with the following sources:
Focusrite VRMBox HPO
Focusrite VMRBox SPDIF
Pioneer VSX 9900S HPO
HTC EVO V
SGS Galaxy S /w voodoo mod & PowerAmp.
Sound doesn't change. All of those have adequate DACs. The only thing that changes is how much volume i need for them to hit adequate volume. Even out of my phone amping is not necessary. It is not a magic SQ-changing thing to have an external amplifier, people. Stop implying it does.
Actually nothing in this price range really satisfies me. The most satisfied I've been with a headphone currently is the Denon Music Maniac, but I'm not spending $500 on that.
But free headphones are free, and I like their build quality.
The Hesh 2 are very decent.
Also, my DJ100 has those same holes drilled in to them. I have noticed that my pair definitely sounds less offensive than the ones at BB, Sears which both have demo stations. (I unplug their headphones from their display and plug them in to my source cuz im a boss like that.)
Edited by CrystalT - 12/5/12 at 2:47ampost #1287 of 232012/5/12 at 3:09ampost #1288 of 232012/5/12 at 3:13ampost #1289 of 232012/5/12 at 6:50am
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 28 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › OnePlus 3 Audio Quality? 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › New member 6 minutes ago
- › What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...