Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › [Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison - Page 2

post #16 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostalex View Post

Nice read! Though I avoid "to listening on one headphone and burning in another". It is like listening a hybrid, produced by complex dynamic load.



I'm not sure I understand what you mean, care to elaborate? 

post #17 of 102

Listen to headphone, plug in another one EDIT: into the second port same time - hear a difference?


Edited by kostalex - 9/20/11 at 10:51am
post #18 of 102
Thanks for the review, keanex.
post #19 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

Thanks for the review, keanex.


Thanks for reading!

post #20 of 102

I'm leaning more toward the E10 (and  the ZO, but thats a slightly different beast) ATM - I just dont own any amps which fit into the 'dark, bassy' basket. 

post #21 of 102

Can anyone tell me which amp would suit a pair of triplefi 10s better? The Ibasso Dzero or Fiio E7? I am planning to get one of these amps to use with my Ipod touch 4G and computer.

post #22 of 102

Anyone who can compare the D-zero to the D4, DAC only and DAC/AMP.

post #23 of 102

Very nice review!

I was wondering, have you used it with Grado's?

post #24 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0lar View Post

Anyone who can compare the D-zero to the D4, DAC only and DAC/AMP.


I actually have, I personally don't think it's worth the jump, but the D4 is slightly cleaner sounding with a better amp. The D4 is better in every aspect, but not $100 better.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by GasMaskMan View Post

Very nice review!

I was wondering, have you used it with Grado's?


I think the D-Zero would be too bright for any Grado.

 

post #25 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post
I think the D-Zero would be too bright for any Grado.

Ah, really?  That's a shame... ):

post #26 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post


I actually have, I personally don't think it's worth the jump, but the D4 is slightly cleaner sounding with a better amp. The D4 is better in every aspect, but not $100 better.

 

 


I allready own a D4 (with OPA1612) , but I am looking for a more portable solution on-the-go. I will connect it to my Nokia C7 as a DAC+AMP. Now I am using the Corda MOVE but the soundstage is very small. The DAC in the move is not that great. A real pity because the Amp itself is awesome. 

 

Unfortunately somehow the D4 refuses to work on my C7 as a DAC. I still need to retest it with fully charged batteries but still. I do hope the D-Zero works, other users have confirmed the Fiio E7 works on the Nokia C7 and N8 as DAC.

If the D4 worked, I would buy the iBasso D7 to connect to my laptop and use the D4 on my Nokia phone.
 

 

post #27 of 102


I'd be interested to hear comparisons of the d-zero and the e7/e9 combo too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr View Post

This might not be a fair question, but how does the d-zero compare to a e7/e9 combo?  the idea of adding an E9 to an E7 gives me a sense of more power without being refined.  but if a d-zero already does that and not overly so, it seems like a great alternative for me.



 

post #28 of 102
Thread Starter 

Well the E9 should have much more driving power, really not much comparison to me. 

post #29 of 102

Hello,

 

The iBasso D-Zero would be good for a AKG K271 MKII ?

 

Thanks.

post #30 of 102


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainprox View Post

Can anyone tell me which amp would suit a pair of triplefi 10s better? The Ibasso Dzero or Fiio E7? I am planning to get one of these amps to use with my Ipod touch 4G and computer.



 

I'd like to know too, as I'm looking at doing a similar setup with an iPod 5.5g.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › [Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison