Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What's missing In this rig to Impress ? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amps in Hong Kong Last post on 9/9/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- It seems Ipod Classic really can't handle my EX1000. Last post on 11/3/12 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ - Page 4post #46 of 37469/10/11 at 9:01pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #47 of 37469/10/11 at 10:43pmQuote:
- Pros:“sound good, comfortable, iPhone compatible”“sound surrounds you, enough bass to make you want to sway”
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
Jm2c, you might also consider the Final Audio heaven A (FI-BA-A1). You can get them for less than the e-Q5 (depending on where you live) and they have slightly better SQ imo. Haven't heard the RE272 though.post #48 of 37469/10/11 at 10:53pmThe gr07s are great! Very hard to be Impressed with them frm a 10min trial but I like them better than the earsonics sm3
I think those who appreciate beyer dt1350 will like the gr07
Edition 8s are good and beautiful! Better sounding than the ed10.closed headphones can't get better than this. Ed10s have sunning good looks that's allpost #49 of 37469/10/11 at 11:47pmpost #50 of 37469/11/11 at 2:29amThread StarterQuote:
Thank you for the nice post.
I can't say I'm an IEM archbishop because I've only heard a handful of God's gracious creations on this planet and there might be singing angel and devil trumpets in stones unturned.
Anyway the Ultimate Ears UE700 is by far the best IEM I've heard that costs under $99 and when it breaks you can upgrade it into a custom IEM so I highly recommend it.
Edit: I got my UE700 for $99 including shipping but it's kinda hard to find it at that price, it also suffers a bit in the bass performance. On second thought I really liked the sound of the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23 which seems to cost only $50 on amazon.com, so that's my recommendation to you!
There's still a lot of brands I haven't tried, like Klipsch, so take my advice with a grain of salt, I don't really have much experience with IEM's under $100.Quote:Originally Posted by proedros
On another non-audiophile topic , i want you to check/watch this american indie movie , the girl there reminds me your way of thinking , dreamy/surreal
The movie kicks ass btw (and all of you ladies&gentlemen who like inspired,well written soulful mvies check it out too)
ps : what do you think of the RE-272 ? I think i will buy this or the e-q5 as my next IEM (i have only my re-zeros working atm)
Ok thanks, I like indie movies and I'll watch it.
The RE-272 is confusing and difficult to review, basically for a waiter on minimum wage it's totally not worth $250, for a poker player that wins thousands the price is OK.
It's difficult to review because if I met the engineer in dark alley in China that smelled like dark alleys in China and he showed it to me in a cardboard box and I listened to it I'd be amazed and shake his hand and realise this person is a genius and I'd wonder how he made a small pristine IEM sound like that.
On the other hand it costs $250 and has a few weaknesses that annoy me and with those weaknesses in mind I can't see myself using it as a long-term IEM.
Yeah I listened to the GR07 and it sounds very dissimiliar to the EX600, they are only rivals in price and value, but they have different sound.
The GR07 sounds quite similiar to the RE252, it doesn't matter to me if the RE252 becomes discontinued since the GR07 exists for less, the only advantage the RE252 has is it sounds a bit more raw and unrefined in a good way, I'd say the GR07 seems more balanced.
It slipped my mind that the GR07 uses bio-cellulose and that's why I was initially attracted to it... I couldn't hear any "bio-cellulose" while I was listening to it, in other words it didn't remind me of the Sony E888, which is a shame, I was hoping the GR07 would sound like the E888 inside an IEM, and it does not, so... I guess I have some renewed faith in the overlooked E888, however it's difficult to recommend to anyone since it mostly consists of fakes on ebay, but if you order one from audiocubes or from amazon.jp you'll get a legit one for sure.
I was listening to the E888 on the train on the way to the meet yesterday, however it does fade in comparison to the EX600 and it's more of a collectors item now I think, in rough terms I'd say it can only surpass the EX600 in the unique life-like/natural signature it can provide sometimes with vocals, after removing the plastic grille and rubber ring.Quote:
I am not a model for Teclast.com.
My next girlfriend.
Yup I listened to the FI-BA-SB and I liked it except I A/B'd it with my Sony EX700 and I liked the EX700 better instantly or it's tonality so I skipped the SB however it did sound very very good and if the A1 sounds better it should be amazing and I hope I can try it sometime soon and I have faith in the Final Audio brand!
Quote:Originally Posted by wilzc
The gr07s are great! Very hard to be Impressed with them frm a 10min trial but I like them better than the earsonics sm3
I think those who appreciate beyer dt1350 will like the gr07
Edition 8s are good and beautiful! Better sounding than the ed10.closed headphones can't get better than this. Ed10s have sunning good looks that's all
Yes, 10 minutes isn't enough for the GR07, I think I had 5 Lol, that Jaben guy Josh is really cool and nice.
For the ULTRASONES it seems like our opinions vary, unless you're getting the model numbers mixed up? well I am very new to Ultrasone so I couldn't know what to expect of the sound, the first Ultrasone I ever heard was the Edition 8 yesterday.
I liked the looks of the Edition 8, it looks like it's forged from a piece of silver jet.
I liked the sound of the Edition 10, quite a bit more than the sound of the Edition 8, I think, it's called "the butterfly" right? Just to confirm we're not confusing model numbers here.
Oh, I listened to the Ultrasone PRO 900 as well, it wasn't quite the bass impact killer I was expecting and the highs just weren't quite right for me, so as far as "bass killers" go in my collection (of which I have a total of zero) my curiosity is leaning more towards the Sony XB1000 as of this moment in time.
Edited by kiteki - 9/11/11 at 5:12ampost #51 of 37469/11/11 at 4:53amThread Starter
So after realising the ATH-ANC23 only costs $50 I try to place an order on amazon.com...
Items: AUD 51.37 Shipping & Handling: AUD 74.61 Total Before Tax: AUD 125.98 Estimated Tax To Be Collected:* AUD 0.00 Order Total: AUD 125.98
Why does this always happen.........
You guys in the U.S. are so lucky! ;)
Edited by kiteki - 9/11/11 at 5:14ampost #52 of 37469/11/11 at 5:33am
Why ANC?? lol. Don't you have ety er4p or something? they isolate better and sound better??
The ed8's are my dream headphone, so I doubt i got my models wrong. The ed10s are like a pipedream.
The Ed 8's are everything I like in a closed headphone
The Ed10's are waaaayyyy tooo bright. Like WHAT DA FARK!?!?! they sound like Fran Drescher singing!!!
I have the XB700 :P they're okaaay.post #53 of 37469/11/11 at 5:44amThread Starter
I didn't find the Edition 10 way too bright, hehe.
When I've tried NC in the past it gives me a headache and I don't like it at all, the NC in the ANC23 was actually OK, I didn't get that headache feeling, but if I could pick them up for under $60 I'd use them without the NC, you don't have to have it turned on.
I'm not that picky about isolation, but I think the Ety ER-4's are overrated because they're the only IEM I've used where I couldn't achieve a good fit instantly, actually I had the worst fit ever, I really liked the sound of the ER-4S though so I was sad to let them go on a sound quality basis, I traded for the Sony EX600.
In future, I might pick up the ER-4 driver inside a custom IEM shell, that would be pretty good! After hearing the UM Aero, I couldn't hear the ER-4S highs AT ALL and the Aero was unsatisfactory to me, I think the CI's were dominating the spectrum, so I'll be getting a custom with the ED-29689 alone when I have the spare cash for unnecessary custom IEM's. :)
I also found a cable in China that's been designed so you can hot swap impedance and it has built in capacitors as well, which means you can change your IEM from the ER-4P to the ER-4S and ER-4B on the go.post #54 of 37469/11/11 at 5:53ampost #55 of 37469/11/11 at 6:01ampost #56 of 37469/11/11 at 6:11amThread Starterpost #57 of 37469/11/11 at 6:27ampost #58 of 37469/11/11 at 6:34ampost #59 of 37469/11/11 at 6:38amThread Starterpost #60 of 37469/11/11 at 6:53am
You need to rein in on this creative juice of yours in creating random customs :S
your wallet might bleed lol
There was actually a bid on eBay ending yesterday for two pairs of Ety HF5, broken cables. 12bux + 20 shipping to AUS. woulda been great for you. I was thinking about it but naaaah :P
Diff ppl have diff ears and diff tastes I guess. I wasn't as impressed with the LCD2 as I was with the HD800 for example. And the Beyer 880 comes pretty close to the LCD2 while being about half the price.
Everybody should just buy goldrings :PReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Low-end budget earphones advice needed!! 50 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica AD700 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Box for Creative Aurvana Live - Free! 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Confusion 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe