Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What's missing In this rig to Impress ? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amps in Hong Kong Last post on 9/9/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- It seems Ipod Classic really can't handle my EX1000. Last post on 11/3/12 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I just got a pair of AKG K712s, so I needed an amp. It came down to choosing between ALO Audio's The National, and the International which were both being sold by the Headphone Bar in Vancouver....
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ - Page 4post #46 of 37469/10/11 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 37469/10/11 at 10:43pmQuote:
Jm2c, you might also consider the Final Audio heaven A (FI-BA-A1). You can get them for less than the e-Q5 (depending on where you live) and they have slightly better SQ imo. Haven't heard the RE272 though.post #48 of 37469/10/11 at 10:53pmThe gr07s are great! Very hard to be Impressed with them frm a 10min trial but I like them better than the earsonics sm3
I think those who appreciate beyer dt1350 will like the gr07
Edition 8s are good and beautiful! Better sounding than the ed10.closed headphones can't get better than this. Ed10s have sunning good looks that's allpost #49 of 37469/10/11 at 11:47pmpost #50 of 37469/11/11 at 2:29amThread StarterQuote:
Thank you for the nice post.
I can't say I'm an IEM archbishop because I've only heard a handful of God's gracious creations on this planet and there might be singing angel and devil trumpets in stones unturned.
Anyway the Ultimate Ears UE700 is by far the best IEM I've heard that costs under $99 and when it breaks you can upgrade it into a custom IEM so I highly recommend it.
Edit: I got my UE700 for $99 including shipping but it's kinda hard to find it at that price, it also suffers a bit in the bass performance. On second thought I really liked the sound of the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23 which seems to cost only $50 on amazon.com, so that's my recommendation to you!
There's still a lot of brands I haven't tried, like Klipsch, so take my advice with a grain of salt, I don't really have much experience with IEM's under $100.Quote:Originally Posted by proedros
On another non-audiophile topic , i want you to check/watch this american indie movie , the girl there reminds me your way of thinking , dreamy/surreal
The movie kicks ass btw (and all of you ladies&gentlemen who like inspired,well written soulful mvies check it out too)
ps : what do you think of the RE-272 ? I think i will buy this or the e-q5 as my next IEM (i have only my re-zeros working atm)
Ok thanks, I like indie movies and I'll watch it.
The RE-272 is confusing and difficult to review, basically for a waiter on minimum wage it's totally not worth $250, for a poker player that wins thousands the price is OK.
It's difficult to review because if I met the engineer in dark alley in China that smelled like dark alleys in China and he showed it to me in a cardboard box and I listened to it I'd be amazed and shake his hand and realise this person is a genius and I'd wonder how he made a small pristine IEM sound like that.
On the other hand it costs $250 and has a few weaknesses that annoy me and with those weaknesses in mind I can't see myself using it as a long-term IEM.
Yeah I listened to the GR07 and it sounds very dissimiliar to the EX600, they are only rivals in price and value, but they have different sound.
The GR07 sounds quite similiar to the RE252, it doesn't matter to me if the RE252 becomes discontinued since the GR07 exists for less, the only advantage the RE252 has is it sounds a bit more raw and unrefined in a good way, I'd say the GR07 seems more balanced.
It slipped my mind that the GR07 uses bio-cellulose and that's why I was initially attracted to it... I couldn't hear any "bio-cellulose" while I was listening to it, in other words it didn't remind me of the Sony E888, which is a shame, I was hoping the GR07 would sound like the E888 inside an IEM, and it does not, so... I guess I have some renewed faith in the overlooked E888, however it's difficult to recommend to anyone since it mostly consists of fakes on ebay, but if you order one from audiocubes or from amazon.jp you'll get a legit one for sure.
I was listening to the E888 on the train on the way to the meet yesterday, however it does fade in comparison to the EX600 and it's more of a collectors item now I think, in rough terms I'd say it can only surpass the EX600 in the unique life-like/natural signature it can provide sometimes with vocals, after removing the plastic grille and rubber ring.Quote:
I am not a model for Teclast.com.
My next girlfriend.
Yup I listened to the FI-BA-SB and I liked it except I A/B'd it with my Sony EX700 and I liked the EX700 better instantly or it's tonality so I skipped the SB however it did sound very very good and if the A1 sounds better it should be amazing and I hope I can try it sometime soon and I have faith in the Final Audio brand!
Quote:Originally Posted by wilzc
The gr07s are great! Very hard to be Impressed with them frm a 10min trial but I like them better than the earsonics sm3
I think those who appreciate beyer dt1350 will like the gr07
Edition 8s are good and beautiful! Better sounding than the ed10.closed headphones can't get better than this. Ed10s have sunning good looks that's all
Yes, 10 minutes isn't enough for the GR07, I think I had 5 Lol, that Jaben guy Josh is really cool and nice.
For the ULTRASONES it seems like our opinions vary, unless you're getting the model numbers mixed up? well I am very new to Ultrasone so I couldn't know what to expect of the sound, the first Ultrasone I ever heard was the Edition 8 yesterday.
I liked the looks of the Edition 8, it looks like it's forged from a piece of silver jet.
I liked the sound of the Edition 10, quite a bit more than the sound of the Edition 8, I think, it's called "the butterfly" right? Just to confirm we're not confusing model numbers here.
Oh, I listened to the Ultrasone PRO 900 as well, it wasn't quite the bass impact killer I was expecting and the highs just weren't quite right for me, so as far as "bass killers" go in my collection (of which I have a total of zero) my curiosity is leaning more towards the Sony XB1000 as of this moment in time.
Edited by kiteki - 9/11/11 at 5:12ampost #51 of 37469/11/11 at 4:53amThread Starter
So after realising the ATH-ANC23 only costs $50 I try to place an order on amazon.com...
Items: AUD 51.37 Shipping & Handling: AUD 74.61 Total Before Tax: AUD 125.98 Estimated Tax To Be Collected:* AUD 0.00 Order Total: AUD 125.98
Why does this always happen.........
You guys in the U.S. are so lucky! ;)
Edited by kiteki - 9/11/11 at 5:14ampost #52 of 37469/11/11 at 5:33am
Why ANC?? lol. Don't you have ety er4p or something? they isolate better and sound better??
The ed8's are my dream headphone, so I doubt i got my models wrong. The ed10s are like a pipedream.
The Ed 8's are everything I like in a closed headphone
The Ed10's are waaaayyyy tooo bright. Like WHAT DA FARK!?!?! they sound like Fran Drescher singing!!!
I have the XB700 :P they're okaaay.post #53 of 37469/11/11 at 5:44amThread Starter
I didn't find the Edition 10 way too bright, hehe.
When I've tried NC in the past it gives me a headache and I don't like it at all, the NC in the ANC23 was actually OK, I didn't get that headache feeling, but if I could pick them up for under $60 I'd use them without the NC, you don't have to have it turned on.
I'm not that picky about isolation, but I think the Ety ER-4's are overrated because they're the only IEM I've used where I couldn't achieve a good fit instantly, actually I had the worst fit ever, I really liked the sound of the ER-4S though so I was sad to let them go on a sound quality basis, I traded for the Sony EX600.
In future, I might pick up the ER-4 driver inside a custom IEM shell, that would be pretty good! After hearing the UM Aero, I couldn't hear the ER-4S highs AT ALL and the Aero was unsatisfactory to me, I think the CI's were dominating the spectrum, so I'll be getting a custom with the ED-29689 alone when I have the spare cash for unnecessary custom IEM's. :)
I also found a cable in China that's been designed so you can hot swap impedance and it has built in capacitors as well, which means you can change your IEM from the ER-4P to the ER-4S and ER-4B on the go.post #54 of 37469/11/11 at 5:53ampost #55 of 37469/11/11 at 6:01ampost #56 of 37469/11/11 at 6:11amThread Starter
Teclast has a unique model for each unique model, that is "The T51 model", there's probably 100 pictures of that model, but only with the T51 model.
Edited by kiteki - 9/11/11 at 6:35ampost #57 of 37469/11/11 at 6:27ampost #58 of 37469/11/11 at 6:34ampost #59 of 37469/11/11 at 6:38amThread Starterpost #60 of 37469/11/11 at 6:53am
You need to rein in on this creative juice of yours in creating random customs :S
your wallet might bleed lol
There was actually a bid on eBay ending yesterday for two pairs of Ety HF5, broken cables. 12bux + 20 shipping to AUS. woulda been great for you. I was thinking about it but naaaah :P
Diff ppl have diff ears and diff tastes I guess. I wasn't as impressed with the LCD2 as I was with the HD800 for example. And the Beyer 880 comes pretty close to the LCD2 while being about half the price.
Everybody should just buy goldrings :PReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Differences between tube amps and solid-state amps - How do I know... 7 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 14 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900 (Trade for Fidelio X1 or ?) 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Latest... 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › IEM recommendation, help appreciated(no experience at all!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude