What good are you lol. Good thing I have couple weeks to decide on which UM to get.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What's missing In this rig to Impress ? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amps in Hong Kong Last post on 9/9/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- It seems Ipod Classic really can't handle my EX1000. Last post on 11/3/12 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 37469/10/11 at 9:16am
I thought the merlins sounded the most fun!!! very very good!!
but the miracles are quite something. Easily one of the more impressive things on display.
Along with the HD800s
And the DT1350post #33 of 37469/10/11 at 9:19amThread Starter
HP-P1 was better than expected, it's interesting I only used it as a portable amp, I didn't unlock it's full potential as a DAC as well... I hope the HP-A3 amp sounds the same as the HP-P1, I have to find that out... somehow.
You're right though, digital transport, that is pretty cool, it would be my portable rig of choice, that's for sure!
LCD-2 versus customs, that's difficult, I haven't considered that... I listened to the HD800 directly after the LCD-2 btw...post #34 of 37469/10/11 at 9:30ampost #35 of 37469/10/11 at 9:37amThread Starter
Oh, HD800 had amazing comfort, and very very open-air, I could hear everything just like normal before I turned the music on.
wilzc what did you think of the Edition 8's?post #36 of 37469/10/11 at 10:28amThread Starter
Aw man I'm longing for the Tesla T5p now...... I need to try that one somewhere again and bring my A2000X along....post #37 of 37469/10/11 at 11:03am
Nice impressions in your very unique and entertaining writing style - thanks kiteki, subscribed.
I particularly liked the part about the UM Miracle's surround soundstage. Joker was the first one to point this out and thus saved me from a mispurchase. Happy to have opted for the UERM instead, which do nothing of that sort. From your description, I think I would prefer the Mage over the Miracle.post #38 of 37469/10/11 at 11:32amThread Starter
I went for the "more drivers = better" approach, I should have my first custom IEM in about 3 weeks, it's called the Hexae and I'll be the first english speaking person to own one.
I'm sure the UERM sounds good, it seems very popular, and yes I think you'd personally prefer the Mage over the Miracle, the Mage has more of a special sound and the Miracle is just for watching movies =)post #39 of 37469/10/11 at 1:58pm
Outstanding write-up & review kiteki. I am slowly trying to get into the iem world (serious iems) and there are just so many products now, it gets dizzying. Always enjoy reading your posts. Great job!!!Quote:
Another thing that bothers me is that I notice that marketing and other peoples opinions "the status quo" affects me, I just want to listen to gear and say what I want and like what I want, and that's what this thread is for.
Cheerspost #40 of 37469/10/11 at 2:14pmpost #41 of 37469/10/11 at 6:02pm
The RE-252 stopped playing from one ear unfortunately (and it was my favourite of the 3 IEMs i had) and since there was no warranty (bought from abother head-fier) well bye bye 252
The discman is nice but last 6 months my J3 is my DAP cause of its portability (tired of carrying around a 24-cd case with me)
On another non-audiophile topic , i want you to check/watch this american indie movie , the girl there reminds me your way of thinking , dreamy/surreal
The movie kicks ass btw (and all of you ladies&gentlemen who like inspired,well written soulful mvies check it out too)
ps : what do you think of the RE-272 ? I think i will buy this or the e-q5 as my next IEM (i have only my re-zeros working atm)
Quote:post #42 of 37469/10/11 at 6:20pmpost #43 of 37469/10/11 at 6:21pm
Really fun reads. I very much like that you kept it personal and wrote in your own voice. These sort of impressions are always helpful and welcome. Just not always so personal and fun. Thankspost #44 of 37469/10/11 at 7:01pm
I believe in the mean time, the remainder of the reserved posts should be occupied with pictures of kiteki wearing [her(?)] various earphones. Let's have it my friend.post #45 of 37469/10/11 at 7:50pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › MINT Sennheiser HD650 20 seconds ago
- › Tennmak 1 minute ago
- › MINT Sennheiser HD600 1 minute ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 1 minute ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 2 minutes ago
- › WTS/WTT: TWAU 2-Pin CIEM 8-wire Upgrade Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › HE-400 + MultiplePads + SMC Adapter 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear