What good are you lol. Good thing I have couple weeks to decide on which UM to get.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What's missing In this rig to Impress ? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone amps in Hong Kong Last post on 9/9/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) Last post on 4/26/14 at 7:55am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- It seems Ipod Classic really can't handle my EX1000. Last post on 11/3/12 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 37469/10/11 at 9:16am
I thought the merlins sounded the most fun!!! very very good!!
but the miracles are quite something. Easily one of the more impressive things on display.
Along with the HD800s
And the DT1350post #33 of 37469/10/11 at 9:19amThread Starter
HP-P1 was better than expected, it's interesting I only used it as a portable amp, I didn't unlock it's full potential as a DAC as well... I hope the HP-A3 amp sounds the same as the HP-P1, I have to find that out... somehow.
You're right though, digital transport, that is pretty cool, it would be my portable rig of choice, that's for sure!
LCD-2 versus customs, that's difficult, I haven't considered that... I listened to the HD800 directly after the LCD-2 btw...post #34 of 37469/10/11 at 9:30ampost #35 of 37469/10/11 at 9:37amThread Starter
Oh, HD800 had amazing comfort, and very very open-air, I could hear everything just like normal before I turned the music on.
wilzc what did you think of the Edition 8's?post #36 of 37469/10/11 at 10:28amThread Starter
Aw man I'm longing for the Tesla T5p now...... I need to try that one somewhere again and bring my A2000X along....post #37 of 37469/10/11 at 11:03am
Nice impressions in your very unique and entertaining writing style - thanks kiteki, subscribed.
I particularly liked the part about the UM Miracle's surround soundstage. Joker was the first one to point this out and thus saved me from a mispurchase. Happy to have opted for the UERM instead, which do nothing of that sort. From your description, I think I would prefer the Mage over the Miracle.post #38 of 37469/10/11 at 11:32amThread Starter
I went for the "more drivers = better" approach, I should have my first custom IEM in about 3 weeks, it's called the Hexae and I'll be the first english speaking person to own one.
I'm sure the UERM sounds good, it seems very popular, and yes I think you'd personally prefer the Mage over the Miracle, the Mage has more of a special sound and the Miracle is just for watching movies =)post #39 of 37469/10/11 at 1:58pm
Outstanding write-up & review kiteki. I am slowly trying to get into the iem world (serious iems) and there are just so many products now, it gets dizzying. Always enjoy reading your posts. Great job!!!Quote:
Another thing that bothers me is that I notice that marketing and other peoples opinions "the status quo" affects me, I just want to listen to gear and say what I want and like what I want, and that's what this thread is for.
Cheerspost #40 of 37469/10/11 at 2:14pmpost #41 of 37469/10/11 at 6:02pm
The RE-252 stopped playing from one ear unfortunately (and it was my favourite of the 3 IEMs i had) and since there was no warranty (bought from abother head-fier) well bye bye 252
The discman is nice but last 6 months my J3 is my DAP cause of its portability (tired of carrying around a 24-cd case with me)
On another non-audiophile topic , i want you to check/watch this american indie movie , the girl there reminds me your way of thinking , dreamy/surreal
The movie kicks ass btw (and all of you ladies&gentlemen who like inspired,well written soulful mvies check it out too)
ps : what do you think of the RE-272 ? I think i will buy this or the e-q5 as my next IEM (i have only my re-zeros working atm)
Quote:post #42 of 37469/10/11 at 6:20pmpost #43 of 37469/10/11 at 6:21pm
Really fun reads. I very much like that you kept it personal and wrote in your own voice. These sort of impressions are always helpful and welcome. Just not always so personal and fun. Thankspost #44 of 37469/10/11 at 7:01pm
I believe in the mean time, the remainder of the reserved posts should be occupied with pictures of kiteki wearing [her(?)] various earphones. Let's have it my friend.post #45 of 37469/10/11 at 7:50pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Grado Fan Club! 20 seconds ago
- › Affordable DAC for new user 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 8 minutes ago
- › Are these the best ~$500 closed headphones for movies and gaming? 8 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3