I need help choosing headphones with certain specifications for $50 or less. The headphones need to be at least decent with music(gaming is a plus) but most importantly they need to not leak sound. My computer is currently in my bedroom and my girlfriend has pretty sensitive hearing and likes quite when she reads. I want to be able to play music and games without bothering her.
So far I have found the JVC HA-RX700, AKG K77 and Sennheiser HD428 but I don't know if those are what I am looking for or not or if they are better ones.
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Been pondering for days. Last post on 9/16/11 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- RIP my 202's (advice please) Last post on 9/28/11 at 2:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 700mk2 or something better Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for headphones for use with iPod and laptop for around $60 Last post on 9/1/11 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sennheiser has launched an excellent closed back over ear headphone which has the premium sound of the legendary hd 5 series but instead of the traditional open back design this has a closed back...
I was never a really big fan of on-ear or supra-aural headphones in the past. They always seemed to be uncomfortable or not offer a proper seal granting the full sound or decent noise isolation....
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
I need help with choosing headphones.post #1 of 99/9/11 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 99/9/11 at 8:21pmpost #3 of 99/10/11 at 12:15amThread Starterpost #4 of 99/10/11 at 12:25am
Minimal. At low volumes, nothing. Higher volumes might have a very small amount.
With some different pads they probably will be more comfy too.post #5 of 99/10/11 at 12:45amThread StarterQuote:
Where could I get better pads and how is the cup size? I have a problem with things pressing on my ears.post #6 of 99/10/11 at 12:47ampost #7 of 99/10/11 at 12:53amThread Starterpost #8 of 99/10/11 at 10:39amThread Starter
- I need help with choosing headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 4094 Active Users (743 Members and 3351 Guests)
- › iPhone 7/7+ Compact External DAC/Amp Thread 2 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 27 seconds ago
- › Tennmak 58 seconds ago
- › Advice on first major headphone purchase 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › "Millett Hybrid" redux: NuHybrid headphone amp, using the Korg Nutube 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 4 minutes ago
- › WESTONE W40 W/SPINFIT TIPS 5 minutes ago
- › Your Current Headphone Collection 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by Sam20
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear