I need help choosing headphones with certain specifications for $50 or less. The headphones need to be at least decent with music(gaming is a plus) but most importantly they need to not leak sound. My computer is currently in my bedroom and my girlfriend has pretty sensitive hearing and likes quite when she reads. I want to be able to play music and games without bothering her.
So far I have found the JVC HA-RX700, AKG K77 and Sennheiser HD428 but I don't know if those are what I am looking for or not or if they are better ones.
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Been pondering for days. Last post on 9/16/11 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- RIP my 202's (advice please) Last post on 9/28/11 at 2:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 700mk2 or something better Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for headphones for use with iPod and laptop for around $60 Last post on 9/1/11 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
I need help with choosing headphones.post #1 of 99/9/11 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 99/9/11 at 8:21pmpost #3 of 99/10/11 at 12:15amThread Starterpost #4 of 99/10/11 at 12:25am
Minimal. At low volumes, nothing. Higher volumes might have a very small amount.
With some different pads they probably will be more comfy too.post #5 of 99/10/11 at 12:45amThread StarterQuote:
Where could I get better pads and how is the cup size? I have a problem with things pressing on my ears.post #6 of 99/10/11 at 12:47ampost #7 of 99/10/11 at 12:53amThread Starterpost #8 of 99/10/11 at 10:39amThread Starter
- I need help with choosing headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3064 Active Users (467 Members and 2597 Guests)
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 22 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 53 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Doubt about maximum impedance for my audio interface 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 8 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 9 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...