I need help choosing headphones with certain specifications for $50 or less. The headphones need to be at least decent with music(gaming is a plus) but most importantly they need to not leak sound. My computer is currently in my bedroom and my girlfriend has pretty sensitive hearing and likes quite when she reads. I want to be able to play music and games without bothering her.
So far I have found the JVC HA-RX700, AKG K77 and Sennheiser HD428 but I don't know if those are what I am looking for or not or if they are better ones.
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Been pondering for days. Last post on 9/16/11 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- RIP my 202's (advice please) Last post on 9/28/11 at 2:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 700mk2 or something better Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for headphones for use with iPod and laptop for around $60 Last post on 9/1/11 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
I need help with choosing headphones.post #1 of 99/9/11 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 99/9/11 at 8:21pmpost #3 of 99/10/11 at 12:15amThread Starterpost #4 of 99/10/11 at 12:25am
Minimal. At low volumes, nothing. Higher volumes might have a very small amount.
With some different pads they probably will be more comfy too.post #5 of 99/10/11 at 12:45amThread StarterQuote:
Where could I get better pads and how is the cup size? I have a problem with things pressing on my ears.post #6 of 99/10/11 at 12:47ampost #7 of 99/10/11 at 12:53amThread Starterpost #8 of 99/10/11 at 10:39amThread Starter
- I need help with choosing headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3184 Active Users (631 Members and 2553 Guests)
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 59 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › DAC for both ps3 and ps4?? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...