I need help choosing headphones with certain specifications for $50 or less. The headphones need to be at least decent with music(gaming is a plus) but most importantly they need to not leak sound. My computer is currently in my bedroom and my girlfriend has pretty sensitive hearing and likes quite when she reads. I want to be able to play music and games without bothering her.
So far I have found the JVC HA-RX700, AKG K77 and Sennheiser HD428 but I don't know if those are what I am looking for or not or if they are better ones.
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Been pondering for days. Last post on 9/16/11 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- RIP my 202's (advice please) Last post on 9/28/11 at 2:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 700mk2 or something better Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for headphones for use with iPod and laptop for around $60 Last post on 9/1/11 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Related Head Gear
- Sennheiser HD 428 HeadphonesNo review yet.
- JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size HeadphoneNo review yet.
- AKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back HeadphonesNo review yet.
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
I need help with choosing headphones.post #1 of 99/9/11 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 99/9/11 at 8:21pmpost #3 of 99/10/11 at 12:15amThread Starterpost #4 of 99/10/11 at 12:25am
Minimal. At low volumes, nothing. Higher volumes might have a very small amount.
With some different pads they probably will be more comfy too.post #5 of 99/10/11 at 12:45amThread StarterQuote:
Where could I get better pads and how is the cup size? I have a problem with things pressing on my ears.post #6 of 99/10/11 at 12:47ampost #7 of 99/10/11 at 12:53amThread Starterpost #8 of 99/10/11 at 10:39amThread Starter
- I need help with choosing headphones.
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 3808 Active Users (677 Members and 3131 Guests)
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 On Ear Headphones. 17 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 54 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › M50s overrated? 5 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 9 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 9 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe