I need help choosing headphones with certain specifications for $50 or less. The headphones need to be at least decent with music(gaming is a plus) but most importantly they need to not leak sound. My computer is currently in my bedroom and my girlfriend has pretty sensitive hearing and likes quite when she reads. I want to be able to play music and games without bothering her.
So far I have found the JVC HA-RX700, AKG K77 and Sennheiser HD428 but I don't know if those are what I am looking for or not or if they are better ones.
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 428 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Been pondering for days. Last post on 9/16/11 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- RIP my 202's (advice please) Last post on 9/28/11 at 2:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 700mk2 or something better Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on Headphones in the ~$50 range? Last post on 9/16/11 at 12:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for headphones for use with iPod and laptop for around $60 Last post on 9/1/11 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
I need help with choosing headphones.post #1 of 99/9/11 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 99/9/11 at 8:21pmpost #3 of 99/10/11 at 12:15amThread Starterpost #4 of 99/10/11 at 12:25am
Minimal. At low volumes, nothing. Higher volumes might have a very small amount.
With some different pads they probably will be more comfy too.post #5 of 99/10/11 at 12:45amThread StarterQuote:
Where could I get better pads and how is the cup size? I have a problem with things pressing on my ears.post #6 of 99/10/11 at 12:47ampost #7 of 99/10/11 at 12:53amThread Starterpost #8 of 99/10/11 at 10:39amThread Starter
- I need help with choosing headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Currently, there are 3134 Active Users (471 Members and 2663 Guests)
- › Singapore/Malaysia/Brunei RockJaw Alfa Genus loaning program 5 seconds ago
- › New Marantz Headphone amp/ DSD Dac/Preamp 7 seconds ago
- › Any better setup (audio technica ad700 + astro mixamp) 56 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 5 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)