I found these to be too aggressive in the mids which overwhelmed the sound signature although they did sound nice and airy. Disappointingly sent them back to amazon uk.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- brandPanasonictagged by System, 9/13/11
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 10/17/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 9/15/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Full size headphones for isolation under $80 Last post on 8/4/12 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice needs some help selecting quality portables for his daily life. Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Narrowing down a budget/value comfortable circumaural can for me Last post on 9/27/11 at 12:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650? - Page 187post #2791 of 28022/19/14 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2792 of 28024/15/14 at 8:41pmpost #2793 of 28024/28/14 at 2:11pmpost #2794 of 28024/30/14 at 10:46pmpost #2795 of 28025/6/14 at 2:28pmQuote:
In what way do vocals suffer? I've owned my pair for 6 months or so now and haven't had a problem with vocals.post #2796 of 28025/23/14 at 6:17pm
Ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT250 ear pads to install on my MDR-7506s. Put them on. Didn't like the fit. I found, for me, the OEM Sony pads just felt better.
Was about to put the DT250 pads up for sale on eBay when I read a post that they also fit the Panasonic HTF600-S headphones. Slapped them on the HTF 600s and WOW !!!
So much more comfortable than the OEM pads on the Panasonics. Sound quality is the same, to my ears.
Highly recommend you try a pair of DT 250 pads on your HTF600s if you get the chance !!post #2797 of 28026/6/14 at 10:17ampost #2798 of 28026/6/14 at 7:20pmQuote:
Umm, to each his own I guess but my Grado SR60s pale in comparison to the HTF-600, in every way. I paid $38 for my Grados but I would still take the HTF-600s over the Grados any day of the week and twice on Sunday.post #2799 of 28026/7/14 at 10:07am
I recently bought the HTF-600 off of amazon for $28 just on a whim since I saw some good reviews on the strong bass SQ. I got them for work to keep laying around on my desk and not worry about if they get knocked around. So I tried them on and man was I surprised on how good they sound. Now I have taken them home for rotation on my music. On heavy bass music of course.
They are definitely fun phones a when it comes to bass, but if you have live recordings they will fall short and that's where the HD650 shine. Funny I am thinking about buying another pair to take to work again.But be careful since they are partially open phones so if you turn up the base people around you will hear...post #2800 of 28026/12/14 at 11:39am
Two week ago my modded RP-HTX7 (http://www.head-fi.org/t/638041/panasonic-rp-htx7-mod-to-the-max) got dead when I trying to clean the pads and checking it. A cable pulled off from driver then I got too lazy to fix it. (*sigh) So I decided to try get another decent ones, RP-HTF600 (Larger driver, deeper bass, higher Impedance) thanks to this thread, DsNuts and this page: http://www.geocities.jp/ryumatsuba/rp-ht560.html (FYI, RP-HTF600 is called RP-HT560 in Japan)
Got one today from a local online shop for about 44$. At first try, the bass got overwhelming at mid bass. It's somehow got more and more soften and detailed after I remove thin foam layer and burn it about 6 hours. As expected, it's got sound that very familiar with my RP-HTX7, but with bigger bass and less sharp high treble. Since I got curious about the headphone design and air circulation, so I trying to take a peek and opened it into pieces. Open it into pieces is kinda frustrating process since it's got no screw and breaking any plastic part would make it permanent damage.
So, I learn that RP-HTF600 got pretty different insulation design which is a bit more complex than my RP-HTX7.
Here's my sketchy drawing of RP-HTF600's (RIGHT) driver:
RP-HTF600 using two rooms for soundstaging/ panning with some opening to connecting each other. I must admit that the opening position and overall design are brilliant. As you can see the opening located to enhance overall parameter (High/ ambience, treble, middle and bass) and adjusted to your ears.
I'll give some hints for anyone who want mod this can:
- Modding the soundstage, parameter, and isolation can be done trough changing the air pressure inside these room (look at my drawing for adjusting parameters).
- If first room stay closed, air pressure can travel to second room and gives bigger (vertical) soundstage.
- Opening first room may gives horizontal soundstage, which makes it more natural sounding but it must applied in right location, without kill overall parameter.
- Close any opening for more bass and isolation, open any hole for bright sound and better soundstaging.
- Opening holes at body will reducing air pressure, making the headphone less fatiguing.
- Reducing volume of these room will reducing soundstage
- Any fabric and memory foam will reducing excess parameter and clarity at the same time.
- Memory foam can gives more bass if applied correctly
Well,since I haven't doing any mod, I didn't have any detailed adjustment yet, just sketchy concept. (But my guts telling me that it may became great after recabled using canare L2T2S and Canare F-12 jack.....)post #2801 of 28027/5/14 at 9:33am
I absolutely love these headphones. I picked up a pair a little over a year ago and couldn't be happier with them. They're my first "High end" headphones. My only gripes are that I wish they were a bit more robust in their construction (probably why they're so affordable) and had a detachable cord (which I think all headphones should) because sometimes I don't want a 10 foot cord.
- The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! just now
- › Studio Monitor Subwoofer 14 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 pro VS Sony MA900 VS Beyerdynamic 990 pro 250ohm //... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)