Hello , can anyone recommend a pair of headphones for Classical music.I own a Graham slee Ultra Linier Headphone Amap .Thanks.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/13/11More
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quality Headphones at Decent Value Last post on 3/1/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$200 Headphones for gaming and music Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 169/9/11 at 12:01pm
Also, what kind of classical? It makes a huge difference if you listen to symphonies, compared to simply listening to classical piano or small ensembles like piano & cello. I find symphonies need strong bass presence as well as incredible imaging and sound stage. Classical piano, on the other hand, doesn't need it nearly as much to achieve a masterful sound. I say this because I listen to a lot of classical myself, mostly piano & cello.
Edited by MalVeauX - 9/9/11 at 2:21pmpost #3 of 169/9/11 at 1:37pmpost #4 of 169/9/11 at 2:13pmpost #5 of 169/9/11 at 7:01pmpost #6 of 169/9/11 at 7:28pmQuote:
That really is a selective few.
Most "Audiophiles" would say you need soundstage for classical.
But that's mostly up the listenerpost #7 of 169/9/11 at 11:05pm
Grado SR-225, SR-325
Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm
Audeze LCD-2 (just heard these recently, they're fairly good)post #8 of 169/10/11 at 8:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 169/10/11 at 10:41ampost #10 of 169/10/11 at 11:06amThread Starterpost #11 of 169/10/11 at 11:34am
Unlike the attributes attributed to other Grado models th GS-1000 has a broad soundstage.post #12 of 169/10/11 at 11:37ampost #13 of 169/10/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
You're right, and you can go for a warm solid state amp like the Violectric V-100.post #14 of 169/10/11 at 1:13pm
- Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FS: Audeze PlusSound Custom Cable 4 Feet 21 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › DAC / Amp Aune X1 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 5 minutes ago
- › Mint Fitear Parterre 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 9 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 10 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3