Hello , can anyone recommend a pair of headphones for Classical music.I own a Graham slee Ultra Linier Headphone Amap .Thanks.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/13/11More
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quality Headphones at Decent Value Last post on 3/1/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$200 Headphones for gaming and music Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 169/9/11 at 12:01pm
Also, what kind of classical? It makes a huge difference if you listen to symphonies, compared to simply listening to classical piano or small ensembles like piano & cello. I find symphonies need strong bass presence as well as incredible imaging and sound stage. Classical piano, on the other hand, doesn't need it nearly as much to achieve a masterful sound. I say this because I listen to a lot of classical myself, mostly piano & cello.
Edited by MalVeauX - 9/9/11 at 2:21pmpost #3 of 169/9/11 at 1:37pmpost #4 of 169/9/11 at 2:13pmpost #5 of 169/9/11 at 7:01pmpost #6 of 169/9/11 at 7:28pmQuote:
That really is a selective few.
Most "Audiophiles" would say you need soundstage for classical.
But that's mostly up the listenerpost #7 of 169/9/11 at 11:05pm
Grado SR-225, SR-325
Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm
Audeze LCD-2 (just heard these recently, they're fairly good)post #8 of 169/10/11 at 8:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 169/10/11 at 10:41ampost #10 of 169/10/11 at 11:06amThread Starterpost #11 of 169/10/11 at 11:34am
Unlike the attributes attributed to other Grado models th GS-1000 has a broad soundstage.post #12 of 169/10/11 at 11:37ampost #13 of 169/10/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
You're right, and you can go for a warm solid state amp like the Violectric V-100.post #14 of 169/10/11 at 1:13pm
- Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 30 seconds ago
- › 5670 W396a 2C51 6N3P tube thread 1 minute ago
- › Need a decent headphone amp to shure srh1840 6 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 7 minutes ago
- › W3 VERSUS W30 - - EXCITING NEWS! 7 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 7 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 10 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 11 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2