Hello , can anyone recommend a pair of headphones for Classical music.I own a Graham slee Ultra Linier Headphone Amap .Thanks.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/13/11More
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quality Headphones at Decent Value Last post on 3/1/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$200 Headphones for gaming and music Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 169/9/11 at 12:01pm
Also, what kind of classical? It makes a huge difference if you listen to symphonies, compared to simply listening to classical piano or small ensembles like piano & cello. I find symphonies need strong bass presence as well as incredible imaging and sound stage. Classical piano, on the other hand, doesn't need it nearly as much to achieve a masterful sound. I say this because I listen to a lot of classical myself, mostly piano & cello.
Edited by MalVeauX - 9/9/11 at 2:21pmpost #3 of 169/9/11 at 1:37pmpost #4 of 169/9/11 at 2:13pmpost #5 of 169/9/11 at 7:01pmpost #6 of 169/9/11 at 7:28pmQuote:
That really is a selective few.
Most "Audiophiles" would say you need soundstage for classical.
But that's mostly up the listenerpost #7 of 169/9/11 at 11:05pm
Grado SR-225, SR-325
Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm
Audeze LCD-2 (just heard these recently, they're fairly good)post #8 of 169/10/11 at 8:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 169/10/11 at 10:41ampost #10 of 169/10/11 at 11:06amThread Starterpost #11 of 169/10/11 at 11:34am
Unlike the attributes attributed to other Grado models th GS-1000 has a broad soundstage.post #12 of 169/10/11 at 11:37ampost #13 of 169/10/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
You're right, and you can go for a warm solid state amp like the Violectric V-100.post #14 of 169/10/11 at 1:13pm
- Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese CIEM and UIEM manufacturers 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...