Hello , can anyone recommend a pair of headphones for Classical music.I own a Graham slee Ultra Linier Headphone Amap .Thanks.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/13/11More
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quality Headphones at Decent Value Last post on 3/1/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$200 Headphones for gaming and music Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 169/9/11 at 12:01pm
Also, what kind of classical? It makes a huge difference if you listen to symphonies, compared to simply listening to classical piano or small ensembles like piano & cello. I find symphonies need strong bass presence as well as incredible imaging and sound stage. Classical piano, on the other hand, doesn't need it nearly as much to achieve a masterful sound. I say this because I listen to a lot of classical myself, mostly piano & cello.
Edited by MalVeauX - 9/9/11 at 2:21pmpost #3 of 169/9/11 at 1:37pmpost #4 of 169/9/11 at 2:13pmpost #5 of 169/9/11 at 7:01pmpost #6 of 169/9/11 at 7:28pmQuote:
That really is a selective few.
Most "Audiophiles" would say you need soundstage for classical.
But that's mostly up the listenerpost #7 of 169/9/11 at 11:05pm
Grado SR-225, SR-325
Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm
Audeze LCD-2 (just heard these recently, they're fairly good)post #8 of 169/10/11 at 8:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 169/10/11 at 10:41ampost #10 of 169/10/11 at 11:06amThread Starterpost #11 of 169/10/11 at 11:34am
Unlike the attributes attributed to other Grado models th GS-1000 has a broad soundstage.post #12 of 169/10/11 at 11:37ampost #13 of 169/10/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
You're right, and you can go for a warm solid state amp like the Violectric V-100.post #14 of 169/10/11 at 1:13pm
- Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 53 seconds ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 1 minute ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACport HD 5 minutes ago
- › High school friends after graduation 5 minutes ago
- › Perfect-Seal CIEM Demo USA Tour (Now Starting!) 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2