Hello , can anyone recommend a pair of headphones for Classical music.I own a Graham slee Ultra Linier Headphone Amap .Thanks.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/13/11More
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quality Headphones at Decent Value Last post on 3/1/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$200 Headphones for gaming and music Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 169/9/11 at 12:01pm
Also, what kind of classical? It makes a huge difference if you listen to symphonies, compared to simply listening to classical piano or small ensembles like piano & cello. I find symphonies need strong bass presence as well as incredible imaging and sound stage. Classical piano, on the other hand, doesn't need it nearly as much to achieve a masterful sound. I say this because I listen to a lot of classical myself, mostly piano & cello.
Edited by MalVeauX - 9/9/11 at 2:21pmpost #3 of 169/9/11 at 1:37pmpost #4 of 169/9/11 at 2:13pmpost #5 of 169/9/11 at 7:01pmpost #6 of 169/9/11 at 7:28pmQuote:
That really is a selective few.
Most "Audiophiles" would say you need soundstage for classical.
But that's mostly up the listenerpost #7 of 169/9/11 at 11:05pm
Grado SR-225, SR-325
Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm
Audeze LCD-2 (just heard these recently, they're fairly good)post #8 of 169/10/11 at 8:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 169/10/11 at 10:41ampost #10 of 169/10/11 at 11:06amThread Starterpost #11 of 169/10/11 at 11:34am
Unlike the attributes attributed to other Grado models th GS-1000 has a broad soundstage.post #12 of 169/10/11 at 11:37ampost #13 of 169/10/11 at 12:43pmQuote:
You're right, and you can go for a warm solid state amp like the Violectric V-100.post #14 of 169/10/11 at 1:13pm
- Headphones for Classical Music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 20 seconds ago
- › Encore mDSD USB Powered DAC and HPA. 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Various HD 800 balanced cables dual 3 pin XLR 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 8 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 10 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...