Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 3

post #31 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl1dyl View Post

Sorry, I'm not dissing your point but I think that the Statement is going to be more like the lyr than the valhalla since its going to be a hybrid. Im totally with you about the Statement DAC though, very very excited :)

 

I've been misunderstood. I have never said nor thought that the statement would "sound like" the Vahlalla nor "like" te Lyr.

In fact it seems its not going to be the "balanced version" of any other amp. 

 

 

But it seems that the statement will be the tube version of the mid-tier balanced SS amp. 

 

 

Sorry for quoting myself

 


Quote:

Or at least, this is what Jason wants us and his competitors to think.

Tube stuff doesn't need to sound tubey. (As for example, certain pro tube preamps sound just OMG, very far from tube hi-fi stuff)

 

 

I was just guessing about how it would compare only to to its SS mate. Will it be a tubey sister or its MOTHER...? 

 

That's the question. It depends on the "tube sound" which will be taken as reference, at least, to my ears.

 

 

 


Edited by Edoardo - 10/19/11 at 6:47am
post #32 of 335

Count me in.

post #33 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo View Post

I've been misunderstood. I have never said nor thought that the statement would "sound like" the Vahlalla nor "like" te Lyr.

In fact it seems its not going to be the "balanced version" of any other amp. 

 

 

But it seems that the statement will be the tube version of the mid-tier balanced SS amp. 

 

 

Sorry for quoting myself

 

 

 

I was just guessing about how it would compare only to to its SS mate. Will it be a tubey sister or its MOTHER...? 

 

That's the question. It depends on the "tube sound" which will be taken as reference, at least, to my ears.

 

 

 

 

Haha, okay then. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I would probably guess it would be the Mother using you analogy, since they are calling it the "statement" product, unlike say Apex who openly say that their Peak and Arete are just different sound signatures with no clear better one.
 

 

post #34 of 335

 I hear lots of schiit hate everywhere.... I think they're doing a great job :) You go Jason!

post #35 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifianddrumming View Post

 I hear lots of schiit hate everywhere.... I think they're doing a great job :) You go Jason!


 

 blink.gif such as?

post #36 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo View Post

 

 blink.gif such as?



 people saying that their products are ill-functioning (technological issues) such as frying your headphones drivers, that Jason doesn't really care about his customers (and if you bring up a complaint or suggestion it will be ignored) and that, believe it  or not, their products are overpriced for actual quality. None of that which I really believe.

post #37 of 335

I think some folks just don't like the popular kid.

 

Although there was an actual issue with AKGs and the Asgard, but the Schiit folks addressed that issue in the related thread.

 

I think they're doing a fantastic job, and their products are very well priced for what you are getting.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifianddrumming View Post

 people saying that their products are ill-functioning (technological issues) such as frying your headphones drivers, that Jason doesn't really care about his customers (and if you bring up a complaint or suggestion it will be ignored) and that, believe it  or not, their products are overpriced for actual quality. None of that which I really believe.



 

post #38 of 335

Hey all,

 

To set the record straight on the three comments above:

 

1. Yep, all Asgards now ship with the same relay mute as Lyr. No price increase for this, either. Asgard owners who want the relay mute can have it added at no cost. Personally, I'm not thrilled with the relay contacts in the signal path, but I think we have a good system in place, and it's clear that such precautions are needed to make the amp more "universal."

 

2. We absolutely care about our customers, but since we have to keep things as simple as possible, we can't accommodate all suggestions we get (lots of people want black chassis, or pre-outs, or custom stuff, etc . . . we simply can't have multiple iterations of a product and sell at our current price levels.) Complaints we absolutely address--they are *never* ignored. And we do listen, and change when we can. The swap from JJ to NOS GE tubes in Lyr, for example, or the thread where we looked for input on our upcoming balanced amp--we hear you!

 

3. Overpriced for actual quality. Excuse me. Ah-ha-hahahahahhahahhhahaaaahahahahaaha! That's funny. 

 

A few other points, since I'm bending your ear:

 

1. We have a formal policy of never commenting on competitive gear, in public or in private. We do this out of respect for the other manufacturers. Ask us our opinion of one of our products versus anything, and we'll decline politely and refer you to the reviewers. This may be considered "ignoring" our customers, but we really don't think this is our place.

 

2. We also don't recommend gear, system configurations, or cables, so our responses can sometimes seem terse.

 

3. We get a lot of people who dismiss our "made in USA" claim, so I want to clarify what we actually mean by "made in USA." This means that the chassis, knobs and buttons, transformers, PCBs and PCB assembly are all actually made by USA companies, in the US. Our chassis supplier is 20 minutes away from our office in Newhall, CA, and they do not outsource. Same with the PCB assembly. This isn't a product made almost wholly overseas, which we throw a back panel on. Consider this, and then consider our value.

 

All the best,

Jason

 

 

post #39 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Hey all,

 

To set the record straight on the three comments above:

 

1. Yep, all Asgards now ship with the same relay mute as Lyr. No price increase for this, either. Asgard owners who want the relay mute can have it added at no cost. Personally, I'm not thrilled with the relay contacts in the signal path, but I think we have a good system in place, and it's clear that such precautions are needed to make the amp more "universal."

 

2. We absolutely care about our customers, but since we have to keep things as simple as possible, we can't accommodate all suggestions we get (lots of people want black chassis, or pre-outs, or custom stuff, etc . . . we simply can't have multiple iterations of a product and sell at our current price levels.) Complaints we absolutely address--they are *never* ignored. And we do listen, and change when we can. The swap from JJ to NOS GE tubes in Lyr, for example, or the thread where we looked for input on our upcoming balanced amp--we hear you!

 

3. Overpriced for actual quality. Excuse me. Ah-ha-hahahahahhahahhhahaaaahahahahaaha! That's funny. 

 

A few other points, since I'm bending your ear:

 

1. We have a formal policy of never commenting on competitive gear, in public or in private. We do this out of respect for the other manufacturers. Ask us our opinion of one of our products versus anything, and we'll decline politely and refer you to the reviewers. This may be considered "ignoring" our customers, but we really don't think this is our place.

 

2. We also don't recommend gear, system configurations, or cables, so our responses can sometimes seem terse.

 

3. We get a lot of people who dismiss our "made in USA" claim, so I want to clarify what we actually mean by "made in USA." This means that the chassis, knobs and buttons, transformers, PCBs and PCB assembly are all actually made by USA companies, in the US. Our chassis supplier is 20 minutes away from our office in Newhall, CA, and they do not outsource. Same with the PCB assembly. This isn't a product made almost wholly overseas, which we throw a back panel on. Consider this, and then consider our value.

 

All the best,

Jason

 

 


 Don't worry Jason, I wasn't targeting you. I was just mentioning a few ridiculous complaints I had heard previously, not one of which I believe :)

 

post #40 of 335

i own some very nice amps and was very impressed with the Lyr. definitely looking forward to the schiit statement balanced amp.

post #41 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post
...

 



I think the people who question your products and service represent the smallest of minorities and most likely do not own any of your amps (and now DAC).  I've yet to read a negative review on your products, and I am continually impressed by your dedication to customer satisfaction.

post #42 of 335

No company has ever replied to my inquiries and questions that fast. And I have seen no company that is as accommodating as Schiit Audio.

 

And for each emails I have sent them, one of the founder of the company, Jason replied them himself. It would be an understatement to say that Schiit Audio's customer service is unparalleled. 

post #43 of 335

I had an issue about voltages once and Jason replied me within 30 seconds O_O felt more like a msn chat than exchanging emails. customer service was excellent compared to other companies like audeze adn etymotic which took a few days to reply simple questions. I literally replied their responses 30 seconds after they sent me their reply but it took them days to get back to me :/
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonhua90 View Post

No company has ever replied to my inquiries and questions that fast. And I have seen no company that is as accommodating as Schiit Audio.

 

And for each emails I have sent them, one of the founder of the company, Jason replied them himself. It would be an understatement to say that Schiit Audio's customer service is unparalleled. 



 

post #44 of 335
Thread Starter 

The most recent news is Schitt is aiming for a simultaneous release of a balanced DAC and amp in January and "no earlier".

They are still sticking with the idea that these products are going to be revolutionary.

 

For the full quote see the first page :)

post #45 of 335

Balanced mid-tier amp or both mid-tier/upper-tier amp released at same time?

Should be interesting.  I'm holding out for their best one unless even the mid-tier crushes my Lyr.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Kid View Post

The most recent news is Schitt is aiming for a simultaneous release of a balanced DAC and amp in January and "no earlier".

They are still sticking with the idea that these products are going to be revolutionary.

 

For the full quote see the first page :)



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.