Well, one thing is to name a product after a mythical place or object, another is naming it after a God.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandSchiittagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 6/12/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on 8/22/16 at 10:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 9post #121 of 3353/20/12 at 3:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3353/20/12 at 4:07pm
No no... the statement amp/dac will be called Thor and Odin and will have celebrity endorsements from Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman. In fact Natalie will be at CanJam 2012 at the Schiit booth.
Quote:post #123 of 3353/23/12 at 11:04ampost #124 of 3353/23/12 at 12:59pmpost #125 of 3353/23/12 at 2:09pmpost #126 of 3353/23/12 at 4:04pmI just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.post #127 of 3353/23/12 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kremer930
I just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.
As far as I have read it is still going to be two amplifiers, a hybrid statement coming later this year and a mid-range amplifier coming not-so-later this year. Refer to previous page.
Me, I'm mostly interested in case one will be a power monster like the Lyr as I am using an HE-6.post #128 of 3353/23/12 at 10:21pmThe statement amp will have more power than the Lyr. I know that for sure. It is also being referred to as the versatile hybrid amp. This will be interesting to see what is meant by versatile.post #129 of 3353/23/12 at 10:32pmThey seem to be throwing in everything but the kitchen sink, so who knows. I thought the balanced amps were going to be balanced only, but that seems to be wrong. Larger chassis will help with heat dissipation so should be good room for serious power output.post #130 of 3353/23/12 at 11:13pmpost #131 of 3353/23/12 at 11:23pmpost #132 of 3353/23/12 at 11:34pmQuote:
Maybe. Seems like it would be a change of direction for Schiit though.post #133 of 3353/24/12 at 12:28ampost #134 of 3353/24/12 at 2:11ampost #135 of 3353/24/12 at 2:25amQuote:
Haha, yup. The Darkstar run balanced would be more fitting :)
- New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 28 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 30 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 43 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...