Well, one thing is to name a product after a mythical place or object, another is naming it after a God.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandSchiittagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 6/12/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 10:03 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 9post #121 of 3353/20/12 at 3:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3353/20/12 at 4:07pm
No no... the statement amp/dac will be called Thor and Odin and will have celebrity endorsements from Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman. In fact Natalie will be at CanJam 2012 at the Schiit booth.
Quote:post #123 of 3353/23/12 at 11:04ampost #124 of 3353/23/12 at 12:59pmpost #125 of 3353/23/12 at 2:09pmpost #126 of 3353/23/12 at 4:04pmI just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.post #127 of 3353/23/12 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kremer930
I just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.
As far as I have read it is still going to be two amplifiers, a hybrid statement coming later this year and a mid-range amplifier coming not-so-later this year. Refer to previous page.
Me, I'm mostly interested in case one will be a power monster like the Lyr as I am using an HE-6.post #128 of 3353/23/12 at 10:21pmThe statement amp will have more power than the Lyr. I know that for sure. It is also being referred to as the versatile hybrid amp. This will be interesting to see what is meant by versatile.post #129 of 3353/23/12 at 10:32pmThey seem to be throwing in everything but the kitchen sink, so who knows. I thought the balanced amps were going to be balanced only, but that seems to be wrong. Larger chassis will help with heat dissipation so should be good room for serious power output.post #130 of 3353/23/12 at 11:13pmpost #131 of 3353/23/12 at 11:23pmpost #132 of 3353/23/12 at 11:34pmQuote:
Maybe. Seems like it would be a change of direction for Schiit though.post #133 of 3353/24/12 at 12:28ampost #134 of 3353/24/12 at 2:11ampost #135 of 3353/24/12 at 2:25amQuote:
Haha, yup. The Darkstar run balanced would be more fitting :)
- New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 3 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 12 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 17 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 59 seconds ago
- › Tennmak 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for bass-heavy over ears with very large cups (upgrading... 1 minute ago
- › New Loaner Program - Moon Neo 230 Headphone amp and DAC 1 minute ago
- › The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse