Well, one thing is to name a product after a mythical place or object, another is naming it after a God.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandSchiittagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 6/12/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on 7/19/16 at 10:23am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 9post #121 of 3353/20/12 at 3:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3353/20/12 at 4:07pm
No no... the statement amp/dac will be called Thor and Odin and will have celebrity endorsements from Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman. In fact Natalie will be at CanJam 2012 at the Schiit booth.
Quote:post #123 of 3353/23/12 at 11:04ampost #124 of 3353/23/12 at 12:59pmpost #125 of 3353/23/12 at 2:09pmpost #126 of 3353/23/12 at 4:04pmI just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.post #127 of 3353/23/12 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kremer930
I just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.
As far as I have read it is still going to be two amplifiers, a hybrid statement coming later this year and a mid-range amplifier coming not-so-later this year. Refer to previous page.
Me, I'm mostly interested in case one will be a power monster like the Lyr as I am using an HE-6.post #128 of 3353/23/12 at 10:21pmThe statement amp will have more power than the Lyr. I know that for sure. It is also being referred to as the versatile hybrid amp. This will be interesting to see what is meant by versatile.post #129 of 3353/23/12 at 10:32pmThey seem to be throwing in everything but the kitchen sink, so who knows. I thought the balanced amps were going to be balanced only, but that seems to be wrong. Larger chassis will help with heat dissipation so should be good room for serious power output.post #130 of 3353/23/12 at 11:13pmpost #131 of 3353/23/12 at 11:23pmpost #132 of 3353/23/12 at 11:34pmQuote:
Maybe. Seems like it would be a change of direction for Schiit though.post #133 of 3353/24/12 at 12:28ampost #134 of 3353/24/12 at 2:11ampost #135 of 3353/24/12 at 2:25amQuote:
Haha, yup. The Darkstar run balanced would be more fitting :)
- New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Lend me your Wisdom - time for an upgrade. 59 seconds ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...