Well, one thing is to name a product after a mythical place or object, another is naming it after a God.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandSchiittagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 6/12/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on Today at 7:33 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 10/4/14 at 4:50am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 9post #121 of 3353/20/12 at 3:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3353/20/12 at 4:07pm
No no... the statement amp/dac will be called Thor and Odin and will have celebrity endorsements from Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman. In fact Natalie will be at CanJam 2012 at the Schiit booth.
Quote:post #123 of 3353/23/12 at 11:04ampost #124 of 3353/23/12 at 12:59pmpost #125 of 3353/23/12 at 2:09pmpost #126 of 3353/23/12 at 4:04pmI just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.post #127 of 3353/23/12 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kremer930
I just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.
As far as I have read it is still going to be two amplifiers, a hybrid statement coming later this year and a mid-range amplifier coming not-so-later this year. Refer to previous page.
Me, I'm mostly interested in case one will be a power monster like the Lyr as I am using an HE-6.post #128 of 3353/23/12 at 10:21pmThe statement amp will have more power than the Lyr. I know that for sure. It is also being referred to as the versatile hybrid amp. This will be interesting to see what is meant by versatile.post #129 of 3353/23/12 at 10:32pmThey seem to be throwing in everything but the kitchen sink, so who knows. I thought the balanced amps were going to be balanced only, but that seems to be wrong. Larger chassis will help with heat dissipation so should be good room for serious power output.post #130 of 3353/23/12 at 11:13pmpost #131 of 3353/23/12 at 11:23pmpost #132 of 3353/23/12 at 11:34pmQuote:
Maybe. Seems like it would be a change of direction for Schiit though.post #133 of 3353/24/12 at 12:28ampost #134 of 3353/24/12 at 2:11ampost #135 of 3353/24/12 at 2:25amQuote:
Haha, yup. The Darkstar run balanced would be more fitting :)
- New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What's the best sounding headphone for around 100 dollars? 36 seconds ago
- › Confused about power output 51 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › upgrade from ATH-M50/listen to rap mostly/under $300 1 minute ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 1 minute ago
- › Westone W4R for sale 2 minutes ago
- › New Headphones Recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)