Well, one thing is to name a product after a mythical place or object, another is naming it after a God.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 6/12/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandSchiittagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 6/12/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 6/12/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 9/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Valhalla Review Last post on 7/18/12 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for help with deciding on an amp, plus some DAC confusion. Last post on 6/11/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Owners Unite Last post on 5/17/15 at 3:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread. - Page 9post #121 of 3353/20/12 at 3:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3353/20/12 at 4:07pm
No no... the statement amp/dac will be called Thor and Odin and will have celebrity endorsements from Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman. In fact Natalie will be at CanJam 2012 at the Schiit booth.
Quote:post #123 of 3353/23/12 at 11:04ampost #124 of 3353/23/12 at 12:59pmpost #125 of 3353/23/12 at 2:09pmpost #126 of 3353/23/12 at 4:04pmI just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.post #127 of 3353/23/12 at 6:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kremer930
I just went back and read the summary comments from the beginning of this thread. Many thanks to Herokid for all of his efforts. When was it that the amp changed from being two options to just the hybrid?
I was lucky enough to know lots of the plans of schiit but reading all of the summary comments makes me want the statement stuff even more.
As far as I have read it is still going to be two amplifiers, a hybrid statement coming later this year and a mid-range amplifier coming not-so-later this year. Refer to previous page.
Me, I'm mostly interested in case one will be a power monster like the Lyr as I am using an HE-6.post #128 of 3353/23/12 at 10:21pmThe statement amp will have more power than the Lyr. I know that for sure. It is also being referred to as the versatile hybrid amp. This will be interesting to see what is meant by versatile.post #129 of 3353/23/12 at 10:32pmThey seem to be throwing in everything but the kitchen sink, so who knows. I thought the balanced amps were going to be balanced only, but that seems to be wrong. Larger chassis will help with heat dissipation so should be good room for serious power output.post #130 of 3353/23/12 at 11:13pmpost #131 of 3353/23/12 at 11:23pmpost #132 of 3353/23/12 at 11:34pmQuote:
Maybe. Seems like it would be a change of direction for Schiit though.post #133 of 3353/24/12 at 12:28ampost #134 of 3353/24/12 at 2:11ampost #135 of 3353/24/12 at 2:25amQuote:
Haha, yup. The Darkstar run balanced would be more fitting :)
- New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 9 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 13 seconds ago
- › Fidue A83 31 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 47 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 58 seconds ago
- › Jaybird Bluebuds X still the best bluetooth earphones? Who has the... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 2 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2