I have the BAT VK55 tube amp, which I like and would hate to sell in order to fund a dedicated head amp (such as Woo WA5). Since both the HE-6 and K1000 can connect directly to an amp's speaker posts, do you think a speaker amp like the VK55 is a good choice?
Related Forum Threads
- Balanced headphones w/ an unbalanced amp Last post on 1/14/13 at 3:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Cheaper solid state dedicated headphone amps that power the HE-6... Last post on 7/27/12 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Class D Amp with AKG K1000 Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The point of an amped iDevice? (And external SS amps in general) Last post on 2/5/12 at 6:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
Connecting HE-6 or K1000 directly to tube amp's speaker's postspost #1 of 79/8/11 at 11:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/9/11 at 4:13pmI've not heard the BAT but it would be a perfect amp. You'll want to put the load resistors on the output of the amp for the 6 but this should sound killer. See the 6 thread for info on load resistors. They are used to bring the load to speaker range.post #3 of 79/10/11 at 3:48ampost #4 of 79/10/11 at 7:34amThread Starter
Oh I was under the impression that the HE-6 comes with a cable terminated with banana plugs that can connect directly to a power amp - is that not true? Are you saying that the load resistor is necessary regardless?post #5 of 79/10/11 at 8:05amThe HE6 is shipped with a 4 pin xlr. It comes with a 4 pin xlr to 1/4" headphone jack. You will need to either order said cable, have one made, or modify the existing by removing the headphone jack and terminating with the connector of your choice (banana plug/spades).
the issue of the load resistors is that speaker amps are designed to see 4-8 ohm loads. The HE-6 are 50 ohms. If your amp is a transformer coupled output, the higher load will put a lot of stress on the transformer. A 10 ohm/10 watt non-inductive resistor wired across the terminal will bring the load impedence down to the amp's normal range. HE also makes an impedence box you can buy that does this for you.
I've been using a solid state amp and that seems to do just fine without the balanced load but for safety, I've kept the resistors in place.post #6 of 79/10/11 at 8:20am
Can't speak for the HE-6, but you can plug the K-1000s right into the terminals if you have the adapter cable and they should sound great with that amp. WA6 would be a downgrade IMHO
Edited by robm321 - 9/10/11 at 8:22am
- Connecting HE-6 or K1000 directly to tube amp's speaker's posts
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 54 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon 57 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › WTB ZMF Blackwood (T50RP MKiii variant) 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › Amp for AKG K501 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...