Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado PS500s (new Grado's)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado PS500s (new Grado's) - Page 78

post #1156 of 1170

I wouldn't return them because of the cable either  :dt880smile:  their just too good.  Congrats on your PS500,  Between the PS500 and my HD800 I find my self going for the Grado more ; their just seems to be this fun factor I get when listening to them that keeps me hooked.

post #1157 of 1170

i might get a chance to listen to them tomorrow and compare with some senns! who knows maybe i'll even not hate the grado sound this time :p

post #1158 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadbeh View Post
 

i might get a chance to listen to them tomorrow and compare with some senns! who knows maybe i'll even not hate the grado sound this time :p

I wouldn't bother.  These days, it's more fun to hate.

post #1159 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

I wouldn't bother.  These days, it's more fun to hate.

no these days it's more fun to be a human being reduced to a fanboy! what part of me not liking the sound of a headphone, makes life so unbearably hard for you that you need to vent like that, you dufus! :D

post #1160 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadbeh View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

I wouldn't bother.  These days, it's more fun to hate.

no these days it's more fun to be a human being reduced to a fanboy! what part of me not liking the sound of a headphone, makes life so unbearably hard for you that you need to vent like that, you dufus! :D

See?  I was right.

post #1161 of 1170

I emailed Grado. I asked them which models come with 1/4 connectors. Their response was GS1000 and PS1000.

post #1162 of 1170

The person forgot to include all of the other models that are not in-ears, SR60, SR80, and iGrado.

post #1163 of 1170

I didn't ask about each model specifically. I just asked an open question. Which models come with 1/4. It seems like the PS500s are coming with 1/8 connectors now along with a 1/4 adapter. I got a pair with 1/8 connectors. There were a few others before me in the thread who also got 1/8 connectors on their PS500s. People were wondering if they are going this direction overall.

post #1164 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
 

I didn't ask about each model specifically. I just asked an open question. Which models come with 1/4. It seems like the PS500s are coming with 1/8 connectors now along with a 1/4 adapter. I got a pair with 1/8 connectors. There were a few others before me in the thread who also got 1/8 connectors on their PS500s. People were wondering if they are going this direction overall.

 

Wow, I'm glad I got all of mine with 1/4" connectors while I could...

post #1165 of 1170
Well... It :)appears that the mystery behind the Grado PS 500's with the red drivers and 1/8 mini headphone jack has been solved. Apparently Gradro has been secretly selling next-generation E type headphones without the E markings to unsuspecting customers for the last couple of months. To the lucky people who have been allowed to purchase these NewGeneration headphones I offer my congratulations. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks someone will do a comparative review of the E type headphones to the previous generations to see how they compare....smily_headphones1.gif
post #1166 of 1170

According to Grado, the PS500e drivers should have been updated to 44mm from 40mm.  Perhaps someone with the PS500 red driver can take a measurement.  That would confirm that these are indeed pre-production E type or maybe some sort of hybrid between the PS500 and PS500e.

post #1167 of 1170

does anybody know, how different is the sound signature between GR10 iem and PS500?

post #1168 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanPro View Post
 

does anybody know, how different is the sound signature between GR10 iem and PS500?

 

I would like to know as well because if they sounded anything alike I would buy them in a heart beat.

post #1169 of 1170
The gr10 do not have the same bass response. It's much less boosted.

The gr8 and 10 have a really lively midrange but not the big thumping bass of the ps500.

They are IEMs that aim to get closer to the sr series sound signature (bit brighter and airy, not quite as meaty as the ps500)

Hope that helps
post #1170 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfiner View Post

The gr10 do not have the same bass response. It's much less boosted.

The gr8 and 10 have a really lively midrange but not the big thumping bass of the ps500.

They are IEMs that aim to get closer to the sr series sound signature (bit brighter and airy, not quite as meaty as the ps500)

Hope that helps

 

Thank you LCfiner,

That does help me at least, I have always been curious about these IEMs and some day I will probably own them but It's nice to get an Idea which Grado they sound like.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado PS500s (new Grado's)