I am in the market to but a new set of headphones for on the go. They will be mainly used on a college campus, not that it matters but it might. I have been searching this forum franticly trying to learn as much information as I can about portable sets. I have almost pulled the trigger and bought the MS400 several times now but I just can't seem to do it. I want to make sure they are the right pair for me. Another pair I am considering is the Q460's. Mainly because of the of the inter-changable cord and the control talk feature, although I have read they are poorly constructed. I also want a set of headphone that are somewhat aesthetically pleasing. But i'll put it out there in no way am I a beat junkie! just one rant--if i had a dollar for every pair of beats I saw on campus today I swear I could drop out and happily retire. I don't have to much expirience with quality headphones; my only other pair is a set of HD380's that I grabbed to try out a little production work with. Since I will be on the go I want something that sounds good but am not overly particular because I will be listening mostly for pleasure and not picking the music apart. I am open to any suggestions that you experts may have. My main question after an entirely way too long post is: Are the ms400's worth the little extra money over comparative sets for the sound quality and asthetic appeal?Any advice is greatly appreciated and accepted with an open mind. Sorry for the extra long post, it is my first, and I have a tendancey to ramble on but wanted to inform those who may provide information with a little more about my situation. Ear buds just won't cut it anymore after the hd380's quality, even though they may not be that great to you. They made a world of difference to me and may have created a new wanabe audiophile. If anything comes from this be thankful that this forum has saved another youngin from wearing those **** beats around. And by the way my budget is prob $200 max. Thanks
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 9/14/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommended IEMs for Beginners? Last post on 12/23/12 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help deciding a good pair of ultra portable on ear headphones? Last post on 11/15/13 at 3:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Jomo4 The full and long review can be found here: LINK Website: jomoaudio.com Product page: Link Specifications: o Quad Balanced Armature Drivers: 1 x...
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
Q460 or MS400 or a comparable set
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/8/11 at 1:28pm
Look into the V-moda M80. Those seem to be garnering a lot of positive attention.
If you want an IEM, I would recommend the EX600. With my time with them I never had any problem with noise isolation while on campus, walking around.post #3 of 69/11/11 at 3:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 69/11/11 at 5:34pm
You might want to post in the thread dedicated to answering questions like the one you have presented. I know there are a lot of people on this forum that won't answer a question because it has already been answered in previous threads, or it should have been posted on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/557996/iems-portables-advice-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-help-here/315#post_7622649
I hope you get more responses that waypost #5 of 69/11/11 at 8:56pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q460 or MS400 or a comparable set
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 13 seconds ago
- › Mrspeakers Alpha Prime 3.5mm and 6.3mm SE 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...