I am in the market to but a new set of headphones for on the go. They will be mainly used on a college campus, not that it matters but it might. I have been searching this forum franticly trying to learn as much information as I can about portable sets. I have almost pulled the trigger and bought the MS400 several times now but I just can't seem to do it. I want to make sure they are the right pair for me. Another pair I am considering is the Q460's. Mainly because of the of the inter-changable cord and the control talk feature, although I have read they are poorly constructed. I also want a set of headphone that are somewhat aesthetically pleasing. But i'll put it out there in no way am I a beat junkie! just one rant--if i had a dollar for every pair of beats I saw on campus today I swear I could drop out and happily retire. I don't have to much expirience with quality headphones; my only other pair is a set of HD380's that I grabbed to try out a little production work with. Since I will be on the go I want something that sounds good but am not overly particular because I will be listening mostly for pleasure and not picking the music apart. I am open to any suggestions that you experts may have. My main question after an entirely way too long post is: Are the ms400's worth the little extra money over comparative sets for the sound quality and asthetic appeal?Any advice is greatly appreciated and accepted with an open mind. Sorry for the extra long post, it is my first, and I have a tendancey to ramble on but wanted to inform those who may provide information with a little more about my situation. Ear buds just won't cut it anymore after the hd380's quality, even though they may not be that great to you. They made a world of difference to me and may have created a new wanabe audiophile. If anything comes from this be thankful that this forum has saved another youngin from wearing those **** beats around. And by the way my budget is prob $200 max. Thanks
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 9/14/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommended IEMs for Beginners? Last post on 12/23/12 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help deciding a good pair of ultra portable on ear headphones? Last post on 11/15/13 at 3:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
Q460 or MS400 or a comparable set
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/8/11 at 1:28pm
Look into the V-moda M80. Those seem to be garnering a lot of positive attention.
If you want an IEM, I would recommend the EX600. With my time with them I never had any problem with noise isolation while on campus, walking around.post #3 of 69/11/11 at 3:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 69/11/11 at 5:34pm
You might want to post in the thread dedicated to answering questions like the one you have presented. I know there are a lot of people on this forum that won't answer a question because it has already been answered in previous threads, or it should have been posted on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/557996/iems-portables-advice-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-help-here/315#post_7622649
I hope you get more responses that waypost #5 of 69/11/11 at 8:56pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q460 or MS400 or a comparable set
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 19 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 23 seconds ago
- › Looking for some good $30-35 IEMs 57 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3