I am in the market to but a new set of headphones for on the go. They will be mainly used on a college campus, not that it matters but it might. I have been searching this forum franticly trying to learn as much information as I can about portable sets. I have almost pulled the trigger and bought the MS400 several times now but I just can't seem to do it. I want to make sure they are the right pair for me. Another pair I am considering is the Q460's. Mainly because of the of the inter-changable cord and the control talk feature, although I have read they are poorly constructed. I also want a set of headphone that are somewhat aesthetically pleasing. But i'll put it out there in no way am I a beat junkie! just one rant--if i had a dollar for every pair of beats I saw on campus today I swear I could drop out and happily retire. I don't have to much expirience with quality headphones; my only other pair is a set of HD380's that I grabbed to try out a little production work with. Since I will be on the go I want something that sounds good but am not overly particular because I will be listening mostly for pleasure and not picking the music apart. I am open to any suggestions that you experts may have. My main question after an entirely way too long post is: Are the ms400's worth the little extra money over comparative sets for the sound quality and asthetic appeal?Any advice is greatly appreciated and accepted with an open mind. Sorry for the extra long post, it is my first, and I have a tendancey to ramble on but wanted to inform those who may provide information with a little more about my situation. Ear buds just won't cut it anymore after the hd380's quality, even though they may not be that great to you. They made a world of difference to me and may have created a new wanabe audiophile. If anything comes from this be thankful that this forum has saved another youngin from wearing those **** beats around. And by the way my budget is prob $200 max. Thanks
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 9/14/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for portable headphones/ earphones/IEM for trip hop/electro music (150$ budget) Last post on 12/8/13 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommended IEMs for Beginners? Last post on 12/23/12 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help deciding a good pair of ultra portable on ear headphones? Last post on 11/15/13 at 3:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
Q460 or MS400 or a comparable set
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/8/11 at 1:28pm
Look into the V-moda M80. Those seem to be garnering a lot of positive attention.
If you want an IEM, I would recommend the EX600. With my time with them I never had any problem with noise isolation while on campus, walking around.post #3 of 69/11/11 at 3:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 69/11/11 at 5:34pm
You might want to post in the thread dedicated to answering questions like the one you have presented. I know there are a lot of people on this forum that won't answer a question because it has already been answered in previous threads, or it should have been posted on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/557996/iems-portables-advice-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-help-here/315#post_7622649
I hope you get more responses that waypost #5 of 69/11/11 at 8:56pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q460 or MS400 or a comparable set
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 11 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 38 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 48 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 49 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 55 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2