That's how they earn your money with their plastic headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/14/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSkullcandy Hesh Nor Cal Headphonestagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSkullcandy Icon Headphones - Black/Yellowtagged by System, 9/14/11
- productSkullcandy SC-GI G.I. Stereo Headphones (Black/Snow Camo)tagged by System, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99 Last post on 1/4/12 at 2:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy Aviator appreciation Last post on 5/10/16 at 4:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- SkullCandy Hesh Review Video, Done by HeadFi Noob. Last post on 5/27/11 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Skullcandy SK Pro DJ vs Sony MDR-7506 headphones? Last post on 8/2/11 at 7:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
[kiteki review] Skullcandy Aviator | Skullcandy G.I. | Skullcandy HESH | Skullcandy Icon | SKULLCANDY UPROCK - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3412/7/11 at 5:23pmThread Starter
I decided against the logo on my custom IEM, I went with something else, would have been cool though.
I'm reviving this thread because I revisited Skullcandy again in a store like that and I found the Uprock, the Uprock is the best sounding Skullcandy to me, I bought three of them (two for xmas presents).
I think these are true to their name, they seem tailored for vocals, electric guitar and percussion, they have a very unique sound.
It says "twin driver" on the box, I thought that was just advertising, but after peeling off an earpad and looking at the driver, they actually do have twin drivers, like a speaker cone with a tweeter at the centre.
If you're looking for a change of pace from your reference quality headphones and just want extremely involving vocals and guitar with distinct percussion in a hazy vintage sound, then these are for you.post #18 of 3412/14/11 at 8:24pm
Sorry for reviving this thread, but from watching this forum for a while, I think you're one of the only Head-Fi'ers that don't bash Skullcandy for 127% of your post.
And I might check out the G.I., they come in gold and it looks amazing.post #19 of 3412/15/11 at 6:23amThread Starterpost #20 of 3412/15/11 at 6:39amThread Starter
Wow, my Uprock's were gathering dust for a while, I just put them on, why does my mind go spastic whenever I hear these?
If I had never heard any exotic high-end headphones, I'd give these shining accolades, 10 stars out of 9 in sound quality.post #21 of 3412/15/11 at 12:27pm
My school sells new Aviators for $70. I'm kinda leaning to get a pair. Sampled them before at a store and they actually sounded pretty nice, but weren't worth the $150. But with my school discount, they're suddenly extremely attractive.post #22 of 346/27/12 at 7:16pmpost #23 of 346/27/12 at 11:36pmQuote:
there called personal opinions.post #24 of 346/28/12 at 12:00am
There is nothing wrong with getting into cheap headphones.
If you are wearing headphones consistently outside there is a really good chance that you are going to break them. If you can afford to break $400 headphones, great.
Cheap "OK" headphones have a function for Head-Fi members allowing them to be more careless outside use.post #25 of 346/28/12 at 6:54pm
WOW. You are really misleading people with this thread. I know some people might say that this is your personal opinion but I completely disagree in this case. A few people I know got uprocks for Christmas. I tried them and they were TERRIBLE. The Aviators were the best out of that bunch by far and they can even compete with the M50 and SRH840's. Tyll from Innerfidelity and Jude both really enjoyed the Aviators. The Hesh is supposed to be a pretty good headphone and the GI is just terrible. I really hope this i a joke...post #26 of 346/30/12 at 12:17pm
Relax, people. It's all subjective in this hobby. I personally find the Aviators to be very natural-sounding (and much better amped) but I'm not going to shoot down someone else's preferences. Would've kept mine if they isolated better and had better build quality (their BQ is not bad, but certainly not great).post #27 of 346/30/12 at 12:31pmpost #28 of 346/30/12 at 6:55pm
i miss my skullcandy skullcrushers from 2005, nothing was more fun for listening to bassy music.......... head rattling and all that. Would have loved to have paired that with a zo. Sister uses a fluffy white pair i posted on the rigs thread a few days ago.... pure garbage.post #29 of 347/4/12 at 6:32pmThread Starter
Sorry I haven't seen this thread in half a year or so.
Isn't there a significant price difference between the Uprock and the Aviator?
It's possible the Aviator while sounding more reference just didn't interest me at all since I'm used to more higher end 'reference' or 'studio monitor' sounding headphones, while the Uprock interested me for their involvement and colour.
It's possible the Aviator can compete with the Shure SRH-840 but when I directly A/B'd the SRH-840 / SRH-940 when they were new I was much more impressed by the SRH-940 and it's become very popular in studios too so my taste isn't unusual or anything.
There is one user which thinks the KRK KNS8400 competes with the SRH-940 so that's another headphone to consider.
In the looks department clearly the Aviator is the winner.
Hope that helps?post #30 of 347/6/12 at 5:34amThread Starter
Hey guys I went back to that store tonight!
You can't use your own source or listen to your own music. There's just some dials on the wall, the same songs as last time.
I tried the Sennheiser HD25-II and the Aviator, and then the Uprock. Actually my impressions are identical to in 2011, the Aviator is pretty decent and nice, on a similar level to the HD25-II in different ways...
...but the Uprock is just AWESOME, it is the best sounding cheap headphone I've heard. It sounds like a 'vintage car radio' are the first words which come to mind, it's just emotional and colourful in ways with that alternative rock track.
Via pure luck I also demoed the Skullcandy Mix Master Mike tonight too, at a shopping mall I never visit, with my own source and music this time. The MMM is clearly the best Skullcandy, clearly above the Aviator, it really is a nice sounding headphone. I rank it above the Sennheiser HD25-II and Audio Technica AD700 which I demoed tonight as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [kiteki review] Skullcandy Aviator | Skullcandy G.I. | Skullcandy HESH | Skullcandy Icon | SKULLCANDY UPROCK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 second ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 31 seconds ago
- › The IBASSO dzero mk3 thread 44 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 45 seconds ago
- › Replacement for Brainwavz S1 - in-ear monitors 51 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 53 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...