or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp - Page 55

post #811 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

I can reccomended this , but you do not have to listen to what I am saying. I do stack them but with about 4 inches of space between them and a smal boxer fan on the lower half unit witch ever one that is. In this way nothing gets hot just warm. When I did it as kingwa said , it was hot enough for me to smell the electronics cooking. To hot for me to use this way. Now this is just my opinion. And yes pick one volume control only all others should be turned up to max. Example would be to use the volume control of M9 only. Volume controls tend to rob you of audio performance .


Hi - thanks for your help.  I don't have the space for any fans :( I guess it's okay in the winter, but summer time is going to a problem. Funny because the M-7 doesn't get anywhere as hot as the M-9.

 

I'll put volume full on my stereo amp and control from m-9 then.

post #812 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph86 View Post
 


Hi - thanks for your help.  I don't have the space for any fans :( I guess it's okay in the winter, but summer time is going to a problem. Funny because the M-7 doesn't get anywhere as hot as the M-9.

 

I'll put volume full on my stereo amp and control from m-9 then.

 

Hmm if the popping noise occurs with only KS I would say it is likely a computer problem - latency spikes or not large enough buffer?  Most consumer operating systems are shocking in the amount of automated background tasks which can cause audio dropouts, but the biggest culprit is usually wireless network controller.

post #813 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
 

 

Hmm if the popping noise occurs with only KS I would say it is likely a computer problem - latency spikes or not large enough buffer?  Most consumer operating systems are shocking in the amount of automated background tasks which can cause audio dropouts, but the biggest culprit is usually wireless network controller.


Hi Drez,

 

Thanks for your input, much appreciated. The strange thing is, before the m-9 arrived I was using the head-amp from my Audio gd Fun and never experienced any popping noise.  My pc is a 5k server PC with enough power to handle anything.  I'll play around with the buffer and also try asio/wasapi tonight when I get home.

 

I can't see it being the wireless controller as when I'm using my desktop qobuz music streaming service i don't get this popping sound. I gues it's something I can live with as it's only present when adjusting the volume - every 3-5 volume steps it occurs when adjusting.

post #814 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articnoise View Post
 

I love it =)

 

The Master 9 have now pushed more than 200 hours and I really love the sound from it. My imprecision is that It’s more extend in both the bas and treble, it’s much more dynamic and have a fuller sound then my Soloist with the LCD 3 and Hifiman HE 500.

 

The tonality is really good in my set up, with a rich and colorful presentation that have a warm sound then it’s on the record, but I wouldn’t say that it coloured. The transparency and resolution is good, but will probably be even better with a more refined IC like Audioquest sky. I maybe have one coming next week.

 

The sound has changed a little during the time I have had it at home. The depth in the sound stage is a bit deeper, the overall sound is fuller, more refined and organic now. The initial little bit of harshness in the high treble is now gone. I would say that is the musicality what have changed the most, maybe 10 % better and technicality with about 5 %. Al this from an already high level of musicality and technicality on the Master 9.

 

The Master 9 is IMHO clearly superior to my Burson Soloist and Graham Slee Solo ultra linear diamond edition on everything. Regarding dynamic much better.

 

My system: Jriver ---Audiophilleo 2 with pure power---Hegel HD 20---Audioquest panther---Master-9 --- Q cable french silk ---Audeze LCD 3/Hifiman He 500. I also have 4 power cords from LessLoss and a power strip from Furetech.

 

I'm definitely sold, then... Thanks for the feedback that matches what everybody else said.

 

I'll have an EF-6 up for sale soon...

post #815 of 876

I have more information regarding the popping noises from master 9.

 

I believe the issue is with the master 9 and not master 7 for following reasons:

 

1 – I have connected via RCA to audio gd Fun amp to use head-amp and there is no issue.

2 – I have tried 2 different USB cables – still no change

3 – I have tested via master-9 HH and PH and still get popping noise even through speakers.

4 – I have also tried connecting m9 and m7 via RCA instead of ACSS – still there

5 – Popping noise occurs when playing in foobar and also sound from any other application when audio playing eg youtube / qobuz. Etc

6 - Popping also occurs on KS / WASAPI / ASIO

 

The noise occurs only when adjusting the volume (not when it’s set) – it is more noticeable when I try to adjust the volume quickly up and down as the popping occurs in quick concession.

 

I decided to test if it also occurs when I move one volume increment very slowly ( eg +1 every 10 seconds) but still occurs.  The volume number when the popping happens is random depending on what song is playing. Eg:

 

I play “track 1” I hear popping noises at volume 40, 48, 52, 56, 60, 65, 69

 

I play “track 2” I hear at different volume numbers.

 

This is really strange? Any ideas what you think it could be? I hope there is nothing wrong with the unit :( I can’t afford to send back for repair….

 

Shall I try and adjust the volume with the remote control also? I haven’t put the batteries in yet. 

post #816 of 876
Ok sounds like your assessment is correct . Email kingwa or have you already done so ?

Al
post #817 of 876
You can but to what end. It sounds like something in the volume control board. I am not sure but digital volume controls don't must while adjusting . At,least not one I have seen. Now I have two stepped volume controls that do that . But there stepped
post #818 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Ok sounds like your assessment is correct . Email kingwa or have you already done so ?

Al

I have emailed Kingwa with my findings... I so hope it doesn't have to go back! I await his response, will post once i hear something.

post #819 of 876
Has anyone here who has a M9. Have any popping when changing the volume control. And the volume board is very simple to change out , if kingwa sends you one.

Al
post #820 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Has anyone here who has a M9. Have any popping when changing the volume control. And the volume board is very simple to change out , if kingwa sends you one.

Al

I'm not sure how many people here have purchased/received the new m9 with exponential volume control.

post #821 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph86 View Post
 

I'm not sure how many people here have purchased/received the new m9 with exponential volume control.

I have got the m9 with the exponential volume control. (Had it since Monday, and getting daily use :bigsmile_face:)

 

I don't have any clicking/popping or anything when changing the volume via the front panel buttons or the IR remote.

I don't adjust my volume on the O/S side at all.

post #822 of 876
There you go , email kingwa. And see what he says . He is around now
post #823 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph86 View Post


Hi Drez,

Thanks for your input, much appreciated. The strange thing is, before the m-9 arrived I was using the head-amp from my Audio gd Fun and never experienced any popping noise.  My pc is a 5k server PC with enough power to handle anything.  I'll play around with the buffer and also try asio/wasapi tonight when I get home.

I can't see it being the wireless controller as when I'm using my desktop qobuz music streaming service i don't get this popping sound. I gues it's something I can live with as it's only present when adjusting the volume - every 3-5 volume steps it occurs when adjusting.

I think this is normal operation of the volume control. It happens on my unit as well.
post #824 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

I think this is normal operation of the volume control. It happens on my unit as well.
Wait, are the clicks in the headphones themselves (in which case: on both channels?) or is it just from the unit itself? In the latter case, it's the internal relays doing their job.
If it's only on one channel then something is weird.
post #825 of 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post


I think this is normal operation of the volume control. It happens on my unit as well.

 

After reading a bit of this thread, my reference 10 does this as well at numerous volume points. I'm also of the impression (from some long forgot link to an article somewhere) that you should not control the volume through foobar unless it's re-sampling 16 bit material to 24 or higher. Something about the material losing bit depth and the dac receiving lower bit depth material. (16 bit stuff gets sent out as 15, 14, 13 bit etc. instead)

 

Please correct me if i'm wrong, i'll be seeing if I can find that potentially imaginary article.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp