You might ask Kingwa if the XLR out from the Master-5 is any better than the Phoenix since you're not using ACSS to your Brystons. Then again, you could go for the Master-2 Mono's and compare to the Bryston. It's only money.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- desktop amp under $140 Last post on 12/31/11 at 9:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 4/13/14 at 9:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- (Fixed by my own)Serious issue, need help- Auditor & AGD Moon Last post on 8/9/11 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- . Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Problems with Audio-GD (QC, etc.) Last post on 2/19/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have had de C-1 Master mono-blocks for over a year, but sold them a few months ago after trying the Brystons. I thought they were a bit too neutral for my taste. They sounded boring and I was always yawning, trying to pop my ears open, while listening to them. I really like the sound of my current setup, but now it's time to try something new.
Edited by BenBau - 9/9/11 at 7:02pm
Yeah, I don't think his amps will ever be confused for dynamic. But this is why I have heavy sounding speakers (Mirage M7si) and headphone (D7000). His amps tighten these bass-heavy guys up and sound wonderful to my ear. I like that "wall of sound" that deep bass brings but I like it clean sounding.
Audio-GD Master 6 Real Balanced ACSS Preamp & Headphone amp is released.
It is higher headphone output power than Master 5.
Wow, that thing is pretty powerful.
Won't get a response until tonight- I asked too late. But I asked the difference between the 2 and he stated what is says on the website basically- "The different is the Master 5 output transistors is power by the class A PSU, the Master6 is not so have not power output limit."
The Master-6 is a bit more powerful than the Phoenix and I could run my D7000 at about a max of 18/99 on the Phoenix so I am concerned I'll be having the volume very low.
Edited by tim3320070 - 9/21/11 at 8:15am
- Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 9 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 11 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 13 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 1 minute ago
- › AUDIOPHILE LINUX (AP Linux) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Linnenberg Audio MAESTRO 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)