You might ask Kingwa if the XLR out from the Master-5 is any better than the Phoenix since you're not using ACSS to your Brystons. Then again, you could go for the Master-2 Mono's and compare to the Bryston. It's only money.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- desktop amp under $140 Last post on 12/31/11 at 9:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 11/18/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- (Fixed by my own)Serious issue, need help- Auditor & AGD Moon Last post on 8/9/11 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- . Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Problems with Audio-GD (QC, etc.) Last post on 2/19/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have had de C-1 Master mono-blocks for over a year, but sold them a few months ago after trying the Brystons. I thought they were a bit too neutral for my taste. They sounded boring and I was always yawning, trying to pop my ears open, while listening to them. I really like the sound of my current setup, but now it's time to try something new.
Edited by BenBau - 9/9/11 at 7:02pm
Yeah, I don't think his amps will ever be confused for dynamic. But this is why I have heavy sounding speakers (Mirage M7si) and headphone (D7000). His amps tighten these bass-heavy guys up and sound wonderful to my ear. I like that "wall of sound" that deep bass brings but I like it clean sounding.
Audio-GD Master 6 Real Balanced ACSS Preamp & Headphone amp is released.
It is higher headphone output power than Master 5.
Wow, that thing is pretty powerful.
Won't get a response until tonight- I asked too late. But I asked the difference between the 2 and he stated what is says on the website basically- "The different is the Master 5 output transistors is power by the class A PSU, the Master6 is not so have not power output limit."
The Master-6 is a bit more powerful than the Phoenix and I could run my D7000 at about a max of 18/99 on the Phoenix so I am concerned I'll be having the volume very low.
Edited by tim3320070 - 9/21/11 at 8:15am
- Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › wharfedale or MartinLogan bookshelf speakers? 12 seconds ago
- › if WAV & ALAC are both lossless why does WAV sound better on ipod? 48 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones Consolidation. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Dt880 vs k712 pro?? 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Stax equalization 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)