You might ask Kingwa if the XLR out from the Master-5 is any better than the Phoenix since you're not using ACSS to your Brystons. Then again, you could go for the Master-2 Mono's and compare to the Bryston. It's only money.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- desktop amp under $140 Last post on 12/31/11 at 9:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-gd NFB-10SE Thread Last post on 9/7/14 at 9:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- (Fixed by my own)Serious issue, need help- Auditor & AGD Moon Last post on 8/9/11 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- . Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Problems with Audio-GD (QC, etc.) Last post on 2/19/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Headphone Impedance
Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have had de C-1 Master mono-blocks for over a year, but sold them a few months ago after trying the Brystons. I thought they were a bit too neutral for my taste. They sounded boring and I was always yawning, trying to pop my ears open, while listening to them. I really like the sound of my current setup, but now it's time to try something new.
Edited by BenBau - 9/9/11 at 7:02pm
Yeah, I don't think his amps will ever be confused for dynamic. But this is why I have heavy sounding speakers (Mirage M7si) and headphone (D7000). His amps tighten these bass-heavy guys up and sound wonderful to my ear. I like that "wall of sound" that deep bass brings but I like it clean sounding.
Audio-GD Master 6 Real Balanced ACSS Preamp & Headphone amp is released.
It is higher headphone output power than Master 5.
Wow, that thing is pretty powerful.
Won't get a response until tonight- I asked too late. But I asked the difference between the 2 and he stated what is says on the website basically- "The different is the Master 5 output transistors is power by the class A PSU, the Master6 is not so have not power output limit."
The Master-6 is a bit more powerful than the Phoenix and I could run my D7000 at about a max of 18/99 on the Phoenix so I am concerned I'll be having the volume very low.
Edited by tim3320070 - 9/21/11 at 8:15am
- Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 18 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Bass heavy Recommendations IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80 Impressions thread! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)