oh well, then I haven't got any other suggestions. Not based on personal experience. but I'm told the Monster Turbine Pro Gold in ear monitor should be pretty bass heavy...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/12/11
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 9/12/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 9/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Video Games Discussion
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm in a headphone dilemma. Last post on 8/11/12 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I had the privilege of giving a listen to these beauties through work, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for it. I'll go through the gamut on this and tell you about packaging, comfort, sound,...
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
Which headphones have the most BASS? - Page 3post #31 of 879/8/11 at 5:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 879/8/11 at 5:22amQuote:
LOL, that is YOUR opinion (and there are thousands on this site).
You pay your money, you make your choice.
Excuse me while I bump a little techno through these big XB's.post #33 of 879/8/11 at 5:50am
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (250 ohms) (under $200 USD)
Though I would consider it reasonable not out of proportion to the rest of its sonics, but I think you definitely won't be disappointed.
I hear good things about the Sennheiser HD650 too. (less than $350 USD)
I haven't listened to the Sony XB-Series but plan to test at least one model year.
I plan to buy the Sennheiser HD650 later this year too.post #34 of 879/8/11 at 6:00ampost #35 of 879/8/11 at 6:08ampost #36 of 879/8/11 at 6:38ampost #37 of 879/8/11 at 11:08ampost #38 of 879/8/11 at 11:12ampost #39 of 879/8/11 at 8:25pmpost #40 of 879/8/11 at 10:19pm
In terms of most visceral impact and rumble the cups produce, ultrasones have given me the most midbass impact, while the D200 has given me the most sub-bass rumble, but impact felt in the chest will only happen with full sized woofers.
I could see an EQ A900 having more bass impact than EQ'd ultrasones. From my experiences, the more bloated the bass reproduction of a headphone is, the less impact it'll get from EQ. Ironically enough though, I found the DT990 to EQ for bass extremely well. You won't get any true visceral kick out of it though, as sound pressure leaks from open headphones.post #41 of 879/8/11 at 10:21pmQuote:
Man you say some ridiculous stuff.post #42 of 879/9/11 at 4:49amQuote:
Naw, just your opinion.post #43 of 879/9/11 at 8:53am
Hi it was very interesting to see this thread and I am quite a basshead too.. I have tried most bassy ultrasone models hfi 580/780/pro 900s and I happen to try a pair of Beat Studio as well.. I hate to say this but while the ultrasone models had great bass... it just somehow lacks the Bass you can feel at ur chest like TM Raven just said... however, when I first tried the beats, they did give me this feeling, but that was only the initial few times that I have tried it... can someone possibly provide an explanation to this?
Also, I am looking forward to the higher end models of Ultrasones like Ed.8/9, I was wondering whether they would provide the subwoofer feeling that a speaker system would provide as I always see the ed.8s described as 2 subwoofers at yo ears...post #44 of 879/9/11 at 9:02am
I tried my friend's beats studios against my denon d2000. I don't really feel subwoofer bass from them, but moreso the denon. He put on robocop from kanye west with a a bass boost EQ, and put the volume level up pretty loud. At the beginning of robocop, you got this cool visceral thump from each side of the headphone that goes back and forth, because there was just so much punchy midbass going on. It was about the only thing the beats boasted. I then let him try the Denons and I played ni**gas in paris from the new watch the throne album with bass boost on and high volume, and the Denons absolutely crushed the Beats Studios when it came to reproducing that low, low bass. With a song like Kanye West's Love Lockdown, the Denon hits the third, lowest note of the bassline with considerable rumble, while the Beats are anemic. The same was true for this one Zerg song that's full of 20-30hz bass on the Starcraft 2 soundtrack, So I think you might just be after the midbass impact the Beats have, which I'm surprised you didn't get the same out of the Pro 900. Either way you'll never get impact in your chest out of any headphone.
Edited by TMRaven - 9/9/11 at 9:06ampost #45 of 879/9/11 at 10:45am
I have heard good things about D2000 although I ve never tried them but people here do complain that it is somewhat "boomy" and lacks impact, I guess the bass I am looking for is not the amount but rather the depth that it goes down and the heart -shaken "feeling"... yea I ve always enjoyed a speaker set up but usually subwoofers in an apartment near school = lots of trouble at night lol :(
guess i ll have to grab a used pair or try it in some audioshop here in Montreal because i make the decision for a pair :)
- Which headphones have the most BASS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 53 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, I'm new here. 4 minutes ago
- › good sounding Spotify device without breaking the bank 4 minutes ago
- › Optimal Linux Output --> Schiit DAC for music listening? 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear