oh well, then I haven't got any other suggestions. Not based on personal experience. but I'm told the Monster Turbine Pro Gold in ear monitor should be pretty bass heavy...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/12/11
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 9/12/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 9/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 1:56 pm in Video Games Discussion
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm in a headphone dilemma. Last post on 8/11/12 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Which headphones have the most BASS? - Page 3post #31 of 879/8/11 at 5:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 879/8/11 at 5:22amQuote:
LOL, that is YOUR opinion (and there are thousands on this site).
You pay your money, you make your choice.
Excuse me while I bump a little techno through these big XB's.post #33 of 879/8/11 at 5:50am
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (250 ohms) (under $200 USD)
Though I would consider it reasonable not out of proportion to the rest of its sonics, but I think you definitely won't be disappointed.
I hear good things about the Sennheiser HD650 too. (less than $350 USD)
I haven't listened to the Sony XB-Series but plan to test at least one model year.
I plan to buy the Sennheiser HD650 later this year too.post #34 of 879/8/11 at 6:00ampost #35 of 879/8/11 at 6:08ampost #36 of 879/8/11 at 6:38ampost #37 of 879/8/11 at 11:08ampost #38 of 879/8/11 at 11:12ampost #39 of 879/8/11 at 8:25pmpost #40 of 879/8/11 at 10:19pm
In terms of most visceral impact and rumble the cups produce, ultrasones have given me the most midbass impact, while the D200 has given me the most sub-bass rumble, but impact felt in the chest will only happen with full sized woofers.
I could see an EQ A900 having more bass impact than EQ'd ultrasones. From my experiences, the more bloated the bass reproduction of a headphone is, the less impact it'll get from EQ. Ironically enough though, I found the DT990 to EQ for bass extremely well. You won't get any true visceral kick out of it though, as sound pressure leaks from open headphones.post #41 of 879/8/11 at 10:21pmQuote:
Man you say some ridiculous stuff.post #42 of 879/9/11 at 4:49amQuote:
Naw, just your opinion.post #43 of 879/9/11 at 8:53am
Hi it was very interesting to see this thread and I am quite a basshead too.. I have tried most bassy ultrasone models hfi 580/780/pro 900s and I happen to try a pair of Beat Studio as well.. I hate to say this but while the ultrasone models had great bass... it just somehow lacks the Bass you can feel at ur chest like TM Raven just said... however, when I first tried the beats, they did give me this feeling, but that was only the initial few times that I have tried it... can someone possibly provide an explanation to this?
Also, I am looking forward to the higher end models of Ultrasones like Ed.8/9, I was wondering whether they would provide the subwoofer feeling that a speaker system would provide as I always see the ed.8s described as 2 subwoofers at yo ears...post #44 of 879/9/11 at 9:02am
I tried my friend's beats studios against my denon d2000. I don't really feel subwoofer bass from them, but moreso the denon. He put on robocop from kanye west with a a bass boost EQ, and put the volume level up pretty loud. At the beginning of robocop, you got this cool visceral thump from each side of the headphone that goes back and forth, because there was just so much punchy midbass going on. It was about the only thing the beats boasted. I then let him try the Denons and I played ni**gas in paris from the new watch the throne album with bass boost on and high volume, and the Denons absolutely crushed the Beats Studios when it came to reproducing that low, low bass. With a song like Kanye West's Love Lockdown, the Denon hits the third, lowest note of the bassline with considerable rumble, while the Beats are anemic. The same was true for this one Zerg song that's full of 20-30hz bass on the Starcraft 2 soundtrack, So I think you might just be after the midbass impact the Beats have, which I'm surprised you didn't get the same out of the Pro 900. Either way you'll never get impact in your chest out of any headphone.
Edited by TMRaven - 9/9/11 at 9:06ampost #45 of 879/9/11 at 10:45am
I have heard good things about D2000 although I ve never tried them but people here do complain that it is somewhat "boomy" and lacks impact, I guess the bass I am looking for is not the amount but rather the depth that it goes down and the heart -shaken "feeling"... yea I ve always enjoyed a speaker set up but usually subwoofers in an apartment near school = lots of trouble at night lol :(
guess i ll have to grab a used pair or try it in some audioshop here in Montreal because i make the decision for a pair :)
- Which headphones have the most BASS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo Black + Cables and Case 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear