Get some good speakers... Headphones will never give you that awesome body shaking bass. Some will come close and rattle your teeth, but after a certain point a dedicated speaker setup might be cheaper. Last time I checked Ultrasones are pretty much at the top for bass... Good luck.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/12/11
- productAudio-gd FUN Basic DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 9/12/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 9/12/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 9/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 8:31 pm in Video Games Discussion
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm in a headphone dilemma. Last post on 8/11/12 at 9:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Which headphones have the most BASS? - Page 2post #16 of 879/7/11 at 2:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 879/7/11 at 2:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by MegaMushroom
Get some good speakers(if you don't live in apartments)... Headphones will never give you that awesome body shaking bass. Some will come close and rattle your teeth, but after a certain point a dedicated speaker setup might be cheaper. Last time I checked Ultrasones are pretty much at the top for bass... Good luck.
Edited that for you. God I hate my neighbor.post #18 of 879/7/11 at 2:19pm
I remember a Dj dude was THUMPING his bass heavy dance music at 3:00AM next door to my town home...Effectively awaking my entire family...I just told him to use a headphone after almost kicking in his door...problem fixed.post #19 of 879/7/11 at 5:25pmThread Starter
I hear that. I used to have a Cerwin Vega system with 4 floor standing dual 15"s, horn tweeters, and an 18" sub with Crown amps. It soothed my needs perfectly but got my ass into a lot of trouble. I'm moving back to the city and plan to be for a long time so I can't even consider something like that for a while, or any subwoofer in the home for that matter. That's my compromise though :)
About the club sound, I'm referring to high quality clubs, the sound systems in them typically cost more than a large house and are absolutely magnificent. I guess that makes me crazy though to think I could maybe get something like that in a headphone, but hey one can explore :D As a headphone newb when you see headphones costing thousands for something that you put on your head it's easy to expect miracles.
I think you guys are spot on though, I need loudspeakers, subwoofers, and acoustics. I'm asking too much of headphones. I do want to protect my hearing that is extremely important, another reason that I seek headphones with GREAT bass impact, because for the time being it seems like I have to crank them really high to feel the bass and enjoy them. Which I need to stop doing immediately.
I actually just put some earplugs in my ears and turned the cans up really loud, it's so much more relaxing and I can feel more bass.
OK so lets say I'll make some compromise. What are the top 3-5 bassiest headphones period. Appreciate all your guys input. :D
Edited by WaveRider69 - 9/7/11 at 5:39pmpost #20 of 879/7/11 at 5:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by WaveRider69
I have the Ultrasone PRO 900s on the way and if those don't impress me, what will?
I will try the XB-700s just for kicks, so lets pretend those have the bass us bassheads are looking for, what would be the audiophile equivalent, since I don't expect those to be up to par in the rest of the spectrum.
If Pro 900's don't do it for you, I've got one last trick up my sleeve you can try. But unfortunately, it is an IEM...
XB700's can't touch Pro 900's impact. I wouldn't even bother with those. They've got droning bass, with not very much slam, unlike the Pro 900.post #21 of 879/7/11 at 5:40pmQuote:
A slightly off-topic comment, but just as a quick heads-up, people spend thousands on their headphone setups for detail, not bass.
If you want bass, you should opt for one of the headphones shared in this thread. The Beyerdynamic DT770 and DT990 get significantly higher marks than the Sony MDR-XB700, but are also 2-3 times the price. The Ultrasone Pro 900 is another good option but are even more expensive than the Beyerdynamics.
Glad to hear you're going to be a good neighborhor and refrain from speakers and bass when living close to strangers :)post #22 of 879/7/11 at 5:43pmpost #23 of 879/7/11 at 6:47pm
Denon AH-D2000 is less than $350 and definitely has good bass response, the Sony XB's also do a good job.post #24 of 879/7/11 at 11:42pm
The AKG K340 (discontinued, but available used) is the bassiest headphone that I've ever heard to date. There are 2 versions of it though, make sure to get the bassy version. It also needs an appropriate amp to drive it (as it's spec'd at 400 Ohms).post #25 of 879/7/11 at 11:45pmQuote:
XB sounds like their pads, squishy.
And Denon aren't bassy headphones. They are Balanced on the point neutral.post #26 of 879/8/11 at 3:14ampost #27 of 879/8/11 at 3:27ampost #28 of 879/8/11 at 3:56ampost #29 of 879/8/11 at 4:02am
dx1000 is not cheap, but bass is big. Very big.
based on the clubbing-reference maybe hfi-780 will give you what you're after for less $ - sound sig seems more fast/sharp (dx1000 a tad more laid back). I don't know how hfi-780 compares to other ultrasone models, but i had the hfi-780 and thought bass was very impactful.post #30 of 879/8/11 at 4:42am
- Which headphones have the most BASS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads 31 seconds ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear