Someone try the Taurus with a Fostex TH900?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- dac/amp for HD 800 Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD650s without an amp Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting started with headphones Last post on 11/5/11 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000 Question + Advice on a amp to power the denons Last post on 4/25/12 at 1:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Driving DT990 600ohm Last post on 9/1/11 at 7:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Auralic Amp - Page 4post #46 of 516/19/13 at 12:17am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 5110/12/13 at 11:16ampost #48 of 5110/12/13 at 11:29ampost #49 of 5110/12/13 at 12:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ardilla
This is where the activity on Auralic product is :)
AURALiC owners unite!
Posted there too.
Edited by Andrew_WOT - 10/12/13 at 1:34pmpost #50 of 513/6/14 at 7:37pmpost #51 of 515/12/14 at 2:52am
I have just changed my Burson Soloist SL to the Taurus Mk II recently, and although it's only a few days and i only listen to it around 20 hours, I am quite amazed how my HE500 (using HE6 cable, XRL input) sound with it compared to the SL (Same cable, in SE of course), although I would say the law of diminishing return comes in this case, but the Taurus really make the HE 500 sound more lively, bass become more tight, with better PRaT.
I'd admit this is quite a surprise to me as previously I am in the anti-opamp camp which I believe in the High current demand situation a well built discrete circuit will have an edge on opamp based solution, but as I learn from Mr. Wang of Auralic (which is really really helpful and he did bother to answer all sort of idiotic question based on my own noob curiousity) the Taurus is mainly opamp based.
On a budget case though I still think the Burson is a good versatile option which could put the HE 500 into say 80-90% of the performance on Taurus, but sure this is only my noob death ear's opinion though
- Auralic Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New guy, looking for suggestions sub $250 (Not your standard request) 2 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 15 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 26 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 49 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Help! I need a pair of good quality cans that I can use with... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)