Someone try the Taurus with a Fostex TH900?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- dac/amp for HD 800 Last post on 10/11/11 at 7:03am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD650s without an amp Last post on 1/6/12 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting started with headphones Last post on 11/5/11 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000 Question + Advice on a amp to power the denons Last post on 4/25/12 at 1:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Driving DT990 600ohm Last post on 9/1/11 at 7:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
Auralic Amp - Page 4post #46 of 516/19/13 at 12:17am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 5110/12/13 at 11:16ampost #48 of 5110/12/13 at 11:29ampost #49 of 5110/12/13 at 12:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ardilla
This is where the activity on Auralic product is :)
AURALiC owners unite!
Posted there too.
Edited by Andrew_WOT - 10/12/13 at 1:34pmpost #50 of 513/6/14 at 7:37pmpost #51 of 515/12/14 at 2:52am
I have just changed my Burson Soloist SL to the Taurus Mk II recently, and although it's only a few days and i only listen to it around 20 hours, I am quite amazed how my HE500 (using HE6 cable, XRL input) sound with it compared to the SL (Same cable, in SE of course), although I would say the law of diminishing return comes in this case, but the Taurus really make the HE 500 sound more lively, bass become more tight, with better PRaT.
I'd admit this is quite a surprise to me as previously I am in the anti-opamp camp which I believe in the High current demand situation a well built discrete circuit will have an edge on opamp based solution, but as I learn from Mr. Wang of Auralic (which is really really helpful and he did bother to answer all sort of idiotic question based on my own noob curiousity) the Taurus is mainly opamp based.
On a budget case though I still think the Burson is a good versatile option which could put the HE 500 into say 80-90% of the performance on Taurus, but sure this is only my noob death ear's opinion though
- Auralic Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Best "value for money" portable headphones Amp/DAC for Bowers &... 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 3 minutes ago
- › V-Moda m-100 vs Dre Beats Solo HD (For Bass Punch) 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Seattle, WA Tour 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 6 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 6 minutes ago
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)