still im a newbie at the high end audio world and since i love great bass response i want to know if any sennheiser over ear headphones have any good bass response?
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers or Go Grado? Last post on 3/28/11 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Treating myself to new sennheisers - its down to 3 Last post on 3/23/11 at 6:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response?post #1 of 129/6/11 at 3:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/6/11 at 3:41pmpost #3 of 129/6/11 at 5:27pm
I think no all.
For sure HD555 HD595 are not the best option on Bass response for someone who looks for basshead cans.
My Superluxes are miles away on bass response and punchy bass from my Senn HD555... no way!!
Edited by Remior - 9/6/11 at 5:35pmpost #4 of 129/6/11 at 5:53pmQuote:
Agreed on the 555 and 595 models. They're rather light in that department, and amping doesn't really fix it.post #5 of 129/6/11 at 5:56pmQuote:
Senn is pretty Dark. The HD5xx series are a little less dark but have more of a punch to their bass then more detail.
Compared to my T50RP(LCD-2):
The bass BOOMS more, so more power
But less defined.
The problem lies in which the bass bleeds into the mids because the pull of the driver in the need for power.
Not enough power, less bass.
More power, more bass.
This is because the HD5xx series doesn't pull much low end bass and needs to grab more from the mids. This creates a more balanced can.post #6 of 129/6/11 at 7:10pm
For me the hd595 have ZERO bass punch. The bass is there, but lacking the energy to make it interesting.
I'm not interested by "boomy bass", but true and clean impact, that participate in the excitement of listening music.
More bass , just make the hd595 worse, because the bass is muddy.post #7 of 129/6/11 at 7:14pmQuote:
Even the bassiest Sennheiser is not a super bassy headphone.
Get a different headphone.
Very best,post #8 of 129/7/11 at 1:41am
Most of the Sennheiser's considered to be bassy hps, the vintage ones are even more bassy like the eh 2270, HD490/545, HD25ll. For me the Senn bass is dark and no quality, only quantity. I'll highly recommend you to looks into the Ultrasones models that offer a better sound in any regard.post #9 of 129/7/11 at 2:07ampost #10 of 129/7/11 at 2:16amQuote:
The HD-650 have plentiful low mids that are overemphasized, maybe the treble roll-off make the 650's to be more low mids oriented hps .post #11 of 129/7/11 at 2:31ampost #12 of 127/3/12 at 5:33amQuote:
I recently upgraded from 439's to 558's and agree that the 43x have great bass for that genre, even bass heavy music sounds great after the 43x burn in, they for sure produced more bass quantity then my 558's but don't sound as good, I do miss them a lot, they did sound amazing, especially for the 80$ I paid for them..
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 1 minute ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 1 minute ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 Upgrades and Mods Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 4 minutes ago
- › IC: beyerdynamic Tesla T1 Generation 1 Headphones With Moon Audio... 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Moving Armature drivers? 9 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 9 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear