still im a newbie at the high end audio world and since i love great bass response i want to know if any sennheiser over ear headphones have any good bass response?
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers or Go Grado? Last post on 3/28/11 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Treating myself to new sennheisers - its down to 3 Last post on 3/23/11 at 6:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response?post #1 of 129/6/11 at 3:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/6/11 at 3:41pmpost #3 of 129/6/11 at 5:27pm
I think no all.
For sure HD555 HD595 are not the best option on Bass response for someone who looks for basshead cans.
My Superluxes are miles away on bass response and punchy bass from my Senn HD555... no way!!
Edited by Remior - 9/6/11 at 5:35pmpost #4 of 129/6/11 at 5:53pmQuote:
Agreed on the 555 and 595 models. They're rather light in that department, and amping doesn't really fix it.post #5 of 129/6/11 at 5:56pmQuote:
Senn is pretty Dark. The HD5xx series are a little less dark but have more of a punch to their bass then more detail.
Compared to my T50RP(LCD-2):
The bass BOOMS more, so more power
But less defined.
The problem lies in which the bass bleeds into the mids because the pull of the driver in the need for power.
Not enough power, less bass.
More power, more bass.
This is because the HD5xx series doesn't pull much low end bass and needs to grab more from the mids. This creates a more balanced can.post #6 of 129/6/11 at 7:10pm
For me the hd595 have ZERO bass punch. The bass is there, but lacking the energy to make it interesting.
I'm not interested by "boomy bass", but true and clean impact, that participate in the excitement of listening music.
More bass , just make the hd595 worse, because the bass is muddy.post #7 of 129/6/11 at 7:14pmQuote:
Even the bassiest Sennheiser is not a super bassy headphone.
Get a different headphone.
Very best,post #8 of 129/7/11 at 1:41am
Most of the Sennheiser's considered to be bassy hps, the vintage ones are even more bassy like the eh 2270, HD490/545, HD25ll. For me the Senn bass is dark and no quality, only quantity. I'll highly recommend you to looks into the Ultrasones models that offer a better sound in any regard.post #9 of 129/7/11 at 2:07ampost #10 of 129/7/11 at 2:16amQuote:
The HD-650 have plentiful low mids that are overemphasized, maybe the treble roll-off make the 650's to be more low mids oriented hps .post #11 of 129/7/11 at 2:31ampost #12 of 127/3/12 at 5:33amQuote:
I recently upgraded from 439's to 558's and agree that the 43x have great bass for that genre, even bass heavy music sounds great after the 43x burn in, they for sure produced more bass quantity then my 558's but don't sound as good, I do miss them a lot, they did sound amazing, especially for the 80$ I paid for them..
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Closed Wars: MrSpeakers ETHER C vs. Audeze LCD-XC vs. Fostex... 40 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 59 seconds ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...