still im a newbie at the high end audio world and since i love great bass response i want to know if any sennheiser over ear headphones have any good bass response?
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers or Go Grado? Last post on 3/28/11 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Treating myself to new sennheisers - its down to 3 Last post on 3/23/11 at 6:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response?post #1 of 129/6/11 at 3:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/6/11 at 3:41pmpost #3 of 129/6/11 at 5:27pm
I think no all.
For sure HD555 HD595 are not the best option on Bass response for someone who looks for basshead cans.
My Superluxes are miles away on bass response and punchy bass from my Senn HD555... no way!!
Edited by Remior - 9/6/11 at 5:35pmpost #4 of 129/6/11 at 5:53pmQuote:
Agreed on the 555 and 595 models. They're rather light in that department, and amping doesn't really fix it.post #5 of 129/6/11 at 5:56pmQuote:
Senn is pretty Dark. The HD5xx series are a little less dark but have more of a punch to their bass then more detail.
Compared to my T50RP(LCD-2):
The bass BOOMS more, so more power
But less defined.
The problem lies in which the bass bleeds into the mids because the pull of the driver in the need for power.
Not enough power, less bass.
More power, more bass.
This is because the HD5xx series doesn't pull much low end bass and needs to grab more from the mids. This creates a more balanced can.post #6 of 129/6/11 at 7:10pm
For me the hd595 have ZERO bass punch. The bass is there, but lacking the energy to make it interesting.
I'm not interested by "boomy bass", but true and clean impact, that participate in the excitement of listening music.
More bass , just make the hd595 worse, because the bass is muddy.post #7 of 129/6/11 at 7:14pmQuote:
Even the bassiest Sennheiser is not a super bassy headphone.
Get a different headphone.
Very best,post #8 of 129/7/11 at 1:41am
Most of the Sennheiser's considered to be bassy hps, the vintage ones are even more bassy like the eh 2270, HD490/545, HD25ll. For me the Senn bass is dark and no quality, only quantity. I'll highly recommend you to looks into the Ultrasones models that offer a better sound in any regard.post #9 of 129/7/11 at 2:07ampost #10 of 129/7/11 at 2:16amQuote:
The HD-650 have plentiful low mids that are overemphasized, maybe the treble roll-off make the 650's to be more low mids oriented hps .post #11 of 129/7/11 at 2:31ampost #12 of 127/3/12 at 5:33amQuote:
I recently upgraded from 439's to 558's and agree that the 43x have great bass for that genre, even bass heavy music sounds great after the 43x burn in, they for sure produced more bass quantity then my 558's but don't sound as good, I do miss them a lot, they did sound amazing, especially for the 80$ I paid for them..
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 54 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Smyth Realiser / Musical Fidelity M1 DAC + M1 HPA 8 minutes ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 8 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 9 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 15 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2