- 133 Posts. Joined 10/2014
- Location: US
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 2/26/15 at 9:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 143post #2131 of 21412/26/15 at 7:40amWhich is the bassiest, most V shape headphones from Ultrasone, SigPro or ED 8 Romeo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 21412/26/15 at 10:51ampost #2133 of 21412/27/15 at 4:44amQuote:Originally Posted by kawaivpc1
They cost nearly the same.
Can anyone comment on Sig Pro's sound stage? is it wide enough?
One of the Amazon's reviewers have mentioned that
"The Signature Pro's sound is incredibly detailed, particularly in terms of a very precise mid-range and a tight, but sonically rich and deep bass. The soundstage is as wide as that of the best open headphones, which is almost impossible to achieve in closed headphones."
Two things going on here...
1.) As mentioned already, closed, isolating headphones are always going to sound different than open headphones of the same quality. It's not really an apples to apples comparison; probably closer to apples and pears. Although similar, pears don't taste like apples. That doesn't mean they're inferior, just different, and some people prefer pears instead. One of those differences is going to be a more intimate sound with more impact and presence. Sig Pros have VERY good soundstage for isolating headphones. Better than many open, non-isolating headphones, in fact. Wider than HD800, though? No, definitely not; they're going for something completely different. The soundstage also scales marvelously with better amps, which you wouldn't guess with how easy they are to drive. (I would agree that from a low power device, while still good, they can sound relatively congested.)
2.) Sig Pros are weird. I don't think there's any getting around it. You don't expect them to sound as good as they do. You don't expect them to scale so ridiculously with better amps. If you do side-by-side comparisons with other high end headphones, it's hard to pinpoint why you think Sig Pros sound good. But then you forget about all that and spend 3-4 hours in audio bliss. The closest thing that's come to replacing my pair is the Fostex TH900, but the Ultrasones just end up being so much more versatile.post #2134 of 21413/1/15 at 11:45pmpost #2135 of 21413/2/15 at 12:46amQuote:
Definitely the ed8 . more V shaped, sharper treble, more mid bass hump ;)
I Sold my Sig pro a year ago but Still subded here. I'm pleased to see many people are still fan of this headphone. i loved it and I wholeheartly agree with what was written above. it seems many people own it and love it for a long time and thats a very valuable sign of quality ;)
I sold it because it caused me earing fatigue as many closed and isolating headphones does. . otherwise, i would have kept it.post #2136 of 21413/2/15 at 7:52pmFatigue is generally more common from exaggerated treble and maybe lack of bass that causes user to increase volume to compensate. This and long sessions without breaks. I've never heard of it being due to closed headphones. Many complained of fatigue from HD800 which is open actually.post #2137 of 21413/2/15 at 11:46pm
It's a matter of sound pressure. I had the same problem with the Focal Spirit pro and Classic. If I hadn't this problem the Sig pro would be still mine.
But overally, what cause me fatitgue is distorsion... my Tinnitus is the best test for distorsion and for example , I can listen to my HD800 or my Stax during hours and hours without any excessive ringings. Two hours with the K812 = tinnitus increase.post #2138 of 21413/3/15 at 12:35am
Actually being a DJ for many years which i had to use closed phones,fatigue was also a combination of both design and maker.
Pro dj phones never gave me so much fatigue as closed type hifi phones.
At home or pleasure listening when i discovered open type phones ,it was so much calming to my ear,yet if the room was not silent enough i could hear exterior sound easily.
Usually closed phones trap ear inside causing more pressure to the ear drum.
But still is all how much and what volume you listen..post #2139 of 21413/3/15 at 12:54am
I'm listening at average volume if I compare to other people when we have private audio meets. In public meeting listening level are much higher due to the high noise floor.
Two or three years ago , i was listening much louder until my tinnitus appeared. its a slight tinnitus so it does not bother me most of the time but I then took the habit to listen less loud but I became more sensitive to listening fatigue due to sound pressure.
I'm 44 years old after all. Unfortunately, my ears aren't so young.post #2140 of 21413/3/15 at 11:30am
Yeah, SPs can be a little fatiguing over time. I wouldn't call them bright, but they don't hold back on any detail or treble. Honestly I feel the way they fit probably contributes to that as well. Still my favorite headphones for now.post #2141 of 21413/3/15 at 11:53am
I noticed the way I perceive a headphone depends a lot on my shape. It happened that one day I listen to a song with one headphone and it sounds very nice. One or two days later I like it less. Most of the times I am better in hearing music when I am less tired. I had days were I find the Sig pro on some recordings with too much tremble but other days they are very nice, for a closed headphone... As said before by others, they are doing better when amped. I listen most of the times with an ipod touch. The same song sounds better when I hear them with the headphone out of my marantz CDP.... but even with the ipod touch I like them and they are a keeper for me.
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Over ear headphones for 400/500$ 34 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 46 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Can't use my Fiio X5 at work, so I need some suggestions on an... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2