- 133 Posts. Joined 10/2014
- Location: US
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 2/26/15 at 9:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 143post #2131 of 21362/26/15 at 7:40amWhich is the bassiest, most V shape headphones from Ultrasone, SigPro or ED 8 Romeo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 21362/26/15 at 10:51ampost #2133 of 21362/27/15 at 4:44amQuote:Originally Posted by kawaivpc1
They cost nearly the same.
Can anyone comment on Sig Pro's sound stage? is it wide enough?
One of the Amazon's reviewers have mentioned that
"The Signature Pro's sound is incredibly detailed, particularly in terms of a very precise mid-range and a tight, but sonically rich and deep bass. The soundstage is as wide as that of the best open headphones, which is almost impossible to achieve in closed headphones."
Two things going on here...
1.) As mentioned already, closed, isolating headphones are always going to sound different than open headphones of the same quality. It's not really an apples to apples comparison; probably closer to apples and pears. Although similar, pears don't taste like apples. That doesn't mean they're inferior, just different, and some people prefer pears instead. One of those differences is going to be a more intimate sound with more impact and presence. Sig Pros have VERY good soundstage for isolating headphones. Better than many open, non-isolating headphones, in fact. Wider than HD800, though? No, definitely not; they're going for something completely different. The soundstage also scales marvelously with better amps, which you wouldn't guess with how easy they are to drive. (I would agree that from a low power device, while still good, they can sound relatively congested.)
2.) Sig Pros are weird. I don't think there's any getting around it. You don't expect them to sound as good as they do. You don't expect them to scale so ridiculously with better amps. If you do side-by-side comparisons with other high end headphones, it's hard to pinpoint why you think Sig Pros sound good. But then you forget about all that and spend 3-4 hours in audio bliss. The closest thing that's come to replacing my pair is the Fostex TH900, but the Ultrasones just end up being so much more versatile.post #2134 of 21363/1/15 at 11:45pmpost #2135 of 21363/2/15 at 12:46amQuote:
Definitely the ed8 . more V shaped, sharper treble, more mid bass hump ;)
I Sold my Sig pro a year ago but Still subded here. I'm pleased to see many people are still fan of this headphone. i loved it and I wholeheartly agree with what was written above. it seems many people own it and love it for a long time and thats a very valuable sign of quality ;)
I sold it because it caused me earing fatigue as many closed and isolating headphones does. . otherwise, i would have kept it.post #2136 of 21363/2/15 at 7:52pmFatigue is generally more common from exaggerated treble and maybe lack of bass that causes user to increase volume to compensate. This and long sessions without breaks. I've never heard of it being due to closed headphones. Many complained of fatigue from HD800 which is open actually.
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 7 seconds ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 7 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3