Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 141

post #2101 of 2110

Hi guys , i have one question : does a pure silver cable will enhance the SQ of the Sigpro ? Thanks in advance . 

post #2102 of 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph58 View Post
 

Hi guys , i have one question : a pure silver cable will it enhance the SQ of the Sigpro ? Thanks in advance . 


 Some say it will and does.  Its purely a matter of opinion.

post #2103 of 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortalcoil View Post
 


 Some say it will and does.  Its purely a matter of opinion.


OK , thanks

post #2104 of 2110

I've tried quite a few headphone cables for the sig pro. Cheap aftermarket, silver/copper, pure silver and out of them all the oyaide cable impressed the most. 

 

I personally think that the difference between the oyaide and stock is large with the sig pro. Switching cables on other headphones have resulted in less differences in my experience. 

post #2105 of 2110

I have a oyaide cable that i don't use that i'll sell, if searcher is interested. Have to dig it out of cable box. Didn't work for me but sound is improved. I'm just to tactile and the stiffness bugged me. I have had issues with cables on other phones to because of that, it's just me probably not the cable. pm if interested and i will dig it out and send a pict.

post #2106 of 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

I have a oyaide cable that i don't use that i'll sell, if searcher is interested. Have to dig it out of cable box. Didn't work for me but sound is improved. I'm just to tactile and the stiffness bugged me. I have had issues with cables on other phones to because of that, it's just me probably not the cable. pm if interested and i will dig it out and send a pict.


Hi , i am interested ,but what do you mean by didn't work for you ? Problems of connection with the SigPro ?

post #2107 of 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantScareMe View Post
 

I've tried quite a few headphone cables for the sig pro. Cheap aftermarket, silver/copper, pure silver and out of them all the oyaide cable impressed the most. 

 

I personally think that the difference between the oyaide and stock is large with the sig pro. Switching cables on other headphones have resulted in less differences in my experience. 

Interesting... What would you say was improved in the sound?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

I have a oyaide cable that i don't use that i'll sell, if searcher is interested. Have to dig it out of cable box. Didn't work for me but sound is improved. I'm just to tactile and the stiffness bugged me. I have had issues with cables on other phones to because of that, it's just me probably not the cable. pm if interested and i will dig it out and send a pict.

Depending on the other answer, I might be interested as well. :tongue_smile:

post #2108 of 2110

I pm. The problem is not with the connection, just too stiff for me to use comfortable portable, and the plug is a little to long. A pretty minor issue, i just stopped using the cable because for me the stock cable was easier and i mainly use the SigPro portable/transportable.

post #2109 of 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

I pm. The problem is not with the connection, just too stiff for me to use comfortable portable, and the plug is a little to long. A pretty minor issue, i just stopped using the cable because for me the stock cable was easier and i mainly use the SigPro portable/transportable.

I haven't compared the Oyaide to the stock cable sound-wise, but I also switched back to the stock cable for the same reasons you did.
post #2110 of 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levaix View Post
 

Interesting... What would you say was improved in the sound?

 

Depending on the other answer, I might be interested as well. :tongue_smile:

 

I think I wrote about it last year on this thread. When I did a solid A/B, the bass extension was an immediate and noticeable difference. This reduced the midbass hump present and along with more sizzle in the higher frequencies contributed to 'opening up' the overall sound.

 

BUT the stiffness (and corresponding microphonics) is annoying. If you're die-hard, you get used to it though :wink_face: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro