thx much for the pictures!! so theres really a difference between the oyaide and stock cable? compared to other cable? not much choices out there anyway.. well only know of moon audio and headphile
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 10/9/16 at 11:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 138
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 23437/11/14 at 11:27ampost #2058 of 23437/12/14 at 9:11am
Hello Sig Pro brothers
We may have another option now...
They might be just the thing for people who wanted a more flexible cable. Not sure if they can deliver the same improvements of the Oyaide.post #2059 of 23437/12/14 at 9:50ampost #2060 of 23437/12/14 at 11:04amQuote:
I see.. that's too bad. I'm pretty happy with the Oyaide right now so if I do order this it would just be out of curiosity.
I'm more interested in their other cable because I think it might fit my Spirit Pro.post #2061 of 23437/12/14 at 12:03pm
If i used mine at home, i would be happy with the Oyaide, however I mostly use the sigpro's out and about. At home i have W3000anv and DX1000 to keep me company. So my portable duty shifts between the Sigpro, Ed8 LE, ES10 and esw9. Oh and of course Jh13s for certain occasions. Pretty satisfied with those choices.post #2062 of 23438/12/14 at 9:20am
I just have to say, I REALLY underestimated what a good amp can do for these. I recently picked up a used Purity Audio KICAS (still using the Aune T1 as the DAC), and blazes does this sound good. It's darker than I was used to, but now that my ears have adjusted, soundstage and bass are absolutely amazing. I need to get some new cables and maybe a better tube to get the fuzz out of the sound, but even as is it's already night and day.post #2063 of 23438/12/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Levaix
I just have to say, I REALLY underestimated what a good amp can do for these. I recently picked up a used Purity Audio KICAS (still using the Aune T1 as the DAC), and blazes does this sound good. It's darker than I was used to, but now that my ears have adjusted, soundstage and bass are absolutely amazing. I need to get some new cables and maybe a better tube to get the fuzz out of the sound, but even as is it's already night and day.
Good to hear ...enjoy !post #2064 of 23438/13/14 at 8:25pm
The Sig Pro continues to impress. I had a really long session with the Romeo Ed. 8 last weekend. And although the sound was impressive as well, the coloration kind of get's annoying in the end. I think it's a very nice fun headphone with a very refined sound, but I still prefer the Sig Pro for longer everyday listening and I think it's just as refined in its own way. I'm thinking of adding the Ed.8 as my "fun" headphone for little twenty minute happy sessions.post #2065 of 234310/16/14 at 3:08pm
To the people that are having comfort issues with the Sig Pro - my advise would be to wait it out. Till yesterday it felt like it was squeezing the soul out of my brains - almost like a death vise. But I just stretched it out on my thighs for about 20 minutes and now it's so comfortable it's actually crazy.
Good thing I didn't return it like I initially wanted to!post #2066 of 234311/12/14 at 7:58am
Having used my SigPro for five months I love their dynamic and crisp-clear mids (beats my HD600 hands-down, source/amp 901+V200) but I am still not quite satisfied with their tingling treble. Some more experienced users suggest a longer burn-in due to the "stiff" titanium-coated drivers but I cannot wait. Somehow I came up with a simple mod.
SigPro's treble is not significantly brighter than those of HD600/650 and DT880-600, as seen in headroom/innerfidelity/goldenears measurements. Unlike those three headphones the SigPro consistently produced tingling and metallic treble when instruments like harpsichords, violins or trumpets kick in. To my ears the timbre resembles the treble of RS1i/e and is likely to be the result of resonance. The THD+N plot on innerfidelity and the "spikes" in CSD from goldenears may support my speculation.
Damping those resonance seems to be a solution. Without any knowledge in acoustics and proper gears I found a good enough solution after tried a few combinations.
The mod may void your warranty
Be careful with the soldering, cables and drivers
What I used:
2 * HD600/650 foam plates
1 * PH00 screw driver
- The foam plates taken off from HD600/650 always have an oval-shaped trail, cut out the outer parts of both foam plates. Fold them.
- Take off earpads of the SigPro. The holes on the upper side are blocked by some white plastic plates; the foam will be inserted on the back of these holes.
- Unscrew the housing use a PH00 screw driver and insert the foam.
post #2067 of 234311/12/14 at 4:23pmpost #2068 of 234311/12/14 at 7:07pmQuote:
- Put everything back. Done. note: blocking the plastic vents using foams or damping the back of the vents significantly affect the sound stage.
I already have mine, but great price! Do you mind if I ask what you're going to use now?post #2069 of 234311/12/14 at 7:28pm
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 26 seconds ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 49 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 1 minute ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear