thx much for the pictures!! so theres really a difference between the oyaide and stock cable? compared to other cable? not much choices out there anyway.. well only know of moon audio and headphile
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 138
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 21587/11/14 at 11:27ampost #2058 of 21587/12/14 at 9:11am
Hello Sig Pro brothers
We may have another option now...
They might be just the thing for people who wanted a more flexible cable. Not sure if they can deliver the same improvements of the Oyaide.post #2059 of 21587/12/14 at 9:50ampost #2060 of 21587/12/14 at 11:04amQuote:
I see.. that's too bad. I'm pretty happy with the Oyaide right now so if I do order this it would just be out of curiosity.
I'm more interested in their other cable because I think it might fit my Spirit Pro.post #2061 of 21587/12/14 at 12:03pm
If i used mine at home, i would be happy with the Oyaide, however I mostly use the sigpro's out and about. At home i have W3000anv and DX1000 to keep me company. So my portable duty shifts between the Sigpro, Ed8 LE, ES10 and esw9. Oh and of course Jh13s for certain occasions. Pretty satisfied with those choices.post #2062 of 21588/12/14 at 9:20am
I just have to say, I REALLY underestimated what a good amp can do for these. I recently picked up a used Purity Audio KICAS (still using the Aune T1 as the DAC), and blazes does this sound good. It's darker than I was used to, but now that my ears have adjusted, soundstage and bass are absolutely amazing. I need to get some new cables and maybe a better tube to get the fuzz out of the sound, but even as is it's already night and day.post #2063 of 21588/12/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Levaix
I just have to say, I REALLY underestimated what a good amp can do for these. I recently picked up a used Purity Audio KICAS (still using the Aune T1 as the DAC), and blazes does this sound good. It's darker than I was used to, but now that my ears have adjusted, soundstage and bass are absolutely amazing. I need to get some new cables and maybe a better tube to get the fuzz out of the sound, but even as is it's already night and day.
Good to hear ...enjoy !post #2064 of 21588/13/14 at 8:25pm
The Sig Pro continues to impress. I had a really long session with the Romeo Ed. 8 last weekend. And although the sound was impressive as well, the coloration kind of get's annoying in the end. I think it's a very nice fun headphone with a very refined sound, but I still prefer the Sig Pro for longer everyday listening and I think it's just as refined in its own way. I'm thinking of adding the Ed.8 as my "fun" headphone for little twenty minute happy sessions.post #2065 of 215810/16/14 at 3:08pm
To the people that are having comfort issues with the Sig Pro - my advise would be to wait it out. Till yesterday it felt like it was squeezing the soul out of my brains - almost like a death vise. But I just stretched it out on my thighs for about 20 minutes and now it's so comfortable it's actually crazy.
Good thing I didn't return it like I initially wanted to!post #2066 of 215811/12/14 at 7:58am
Having used my SigPro for five months I love their dynamic and crisp-clear mids (beats my HD600 hands-down, source/amp 901+V200) but I am still not quite satisfied with their tingling treble. Some more experienced users suggest a longer burn-in due to the "stiff" titanium-coated drivers but I cannot wait. Somehow I came up with a simple mod.
SigPro's treble is not significantly brighter than those of HD600/650 and DT880-600, as seen in headroom/innerfidelity/goldenears measurements. Unlike those three headphones the SigPro consistently produced tingling and metallic treble when instruments like harpsichords, violins or trumpets kick in. To my ears the timbre resembles the treble of RS1i/e and is likely to be the result of resonance. The THD+N plot on innerfidelity and the "spikes" in CSD from goldenears may support my speculation.
Damping those resonance seems to be a solution. Without any knowledge in acoustics and proper gears I found a good enough solution after tried a few combinations.
The mod may void your warranty
Be careful with the soldering, cables and drivers
What I used:
2 * HD600/650 foam plates
1 * PH00 screw driver
- The foam plates taken off from HD600/650 always have an oval-shaped trail, cut out the outer parts of both foam plates. Fold them.
- Take off earpads of the SigPro. The holes on the upper side are blocked by some white plastic plates; the foam will be inserted on the back of these holes.
- Unscrew the housing use a PH00 screw driver and insert the foam.
post #2067 of 215811/12/14 at 4:23pmpost #2068 of 215811/12/14 at 7:07pmQuote:
- Put everything back. Done. note: blocking the plastic vents using foams or damping the back of the vents significantly affect the sound stage.
I already have mine, but great price! Do you mind if I ask what you're going to use now?post #2069 of 215811/12/14 at 7:28pm
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 35 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 47 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY MA900 resistor Mod 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2