thx much for the pictures!! so theres really a difference between the oyaide and stock cable? compared to other cable? not much choices out there anyway.. well only know of moon audio and headphile
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on Yesterday at 2:33 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 138
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 22527/11/14 at 11:27ampost #2058 of 22527/12/14 at 9:11am
Hello Sig Pro brothers
We may have another option now...
They might be just the thing for people who wanted a more flexible cable. Not sure if they can deliver the same improvements of the Oyaide.post #2059 of 22527/12/14 at 9:50ampost #2060 of 22527/12/14 at 11:04amQuote:
I see.. that's too bad. I'm pretty happy with the Oyaide right now so if I do order this it would just be out of curiosity.
I'm more interested in their other cable because I think it might fit my Spirit Pro.post #2061 of 22527/12/14 at 12:03pm
If i used mine at home, i would be happy with the Oyaide, however I mostly use the sigpro's out and about. At home i have W3000anv and DX1000 to keep me company. So my portable duty shifts between the Sigpro, Ed8 LE, ES10 and esw9. Oh and of course Jh13s for certain occasions. Pretty satisfied with those choices.post #2062 of 22528/12/14 at 9:20am
I just have to say, I REALLY underestimated what a good amp can do for these. I recently picked up a used Purity Audio KICAS (still using the Aune T1 as the DAC), and blazes does this sound good. It's darker than I was used to, but now that my ears have adjusted, soundstage and bass are absolutely amazing. I need to get some new cables and maybe a better tube to get the fuzz out of the sound, but even as is it's already night and day.post #2063 of 22528/12/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Levaix
I just have to say, I REALLY underestimated what a good amp can do for these. I recently picked up a used Purity Audio KICAS (still using the Aune T1 as the DAC), and blazes does this sound good. It's darker than I was used to, but now that my ears have adjusted, soundstage and bass are absolutely amazing. I need to get some new cables and maybe a better tube to get the fuzz out of the sound, but even as is it's already night and day.
Good to hear ...enjoy !post #2064 of 22528/13/14 at 8:25pm
The Sig Pro continues to impress. I had a really long session with the Romeo Ed. 8 last weekend. And although the sound was impressive as well, the coloration kind of get's annoying in the end. I think it's a very nice fun headphone with a very refined sound, but I still prefer the Sig Pro for longer everyday listening and I think it's just as refined in its own way. I'm thinking of adding the Ed.8 as my "fun" headphone for little twenty minute happy sessions.post #2065 of 225210/16/14 at 3:08pm
To the people that are having comfort issues with the Sig Pro - my advise would be to wait it out. Till yesterday it felt like it was squeezing the soul out of my brains - almost like a death vise. But I just stretched it out on my thighs for about 20 minutes and now it's so comfortable it's actually crazy.
Good thing I didn't return it like I initially wanted to!post #2066 of 225211/12/14 at 7:58am
Having used my SigPro for five months I love their dynamic and crisp-clear mids (beats my HD600 hands-down, source/amp 901+V200) but I am still not quite satisfied with their tingling treble. Some more experienced users suggest a longer burn-in due to the "stiff" titanium-coated drivers but I cannot wait. Somehow I came up with a simple mod.
SigPro's treble is not significantly brighter than those of HD600/650 and DT880-600, as seen in headroom/innerfidelity/goldenears measurements. Unlike those three headphones the SigPro consistently produced tingling and metallic treble when instruments like harpsichords, violins or trumpets kick in. To my ears the timbre resembles the treble of RS1i/e and is likely to be the result of resonance. The THD+N plot on innerfidelity and the "spikes" in CSD from goldenears may support my speculation.
Damping those resonance seems to be a solution. Without any knowledge in acoustics and proper gears I found a good enough solution after tried a few combinations.
The mod may void your warranty
Be careful with the soldering, cables and drivers
What I used:
2 * HD600/650 foam plates
1 * PH00 screw driver
- The foam plates taken off from HD600/650 always have an oval-shaped trail, cut out the outer parts of both foam plates. Fold them.
- Take off earpads of the SigPro. The holes on the upper side are blocked by some white plastic plates; the foam will be inserted on the back of these holes.
- Unscrew the housing use a PH00 screw driver and insert the foam.
post #2067 of 225211/12/14 at 4:23pmpost #2068 of 225211/12/14 at 7:07pmQuote:
- Put everything back. Done. note: blocking the plastic vents using foams or damping the back of the vents significantly affect the sound stage.
I already have mine, but great price! Do you mind if I ask what you're going to use now?post #2069 of 225211/12/14 at 7:28pm
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 22 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Pendulumic S1 Stance Wireless Bluetooth Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3