thx much for the pictures!! so theres really a difference between the oyaide and stock cable? compared to other cable? not much choices out there anyway.. well only know of moon audio and headphile
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 8/24/16 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 138
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 23417/11/14 at 11:27ampost #2058 of 23417/12/14 at 9:11am
Hello Sig Pro brothers
We may have another option now...
They might be just the thing for people who wanted a more flexible cable. Not sure if they can deliver the same improvements of the Oyaide.post #2059 of 23417/12/14 at 9:50ampost #2060 of 23417/12/14 at 11:04amQuote:
I see.. that's too bad. I'm pretty happy with the Oyaide right now so if I do order this it would just be out of curiosity.
I'm more interested in their other cable because I think it might fit my Spirit Pro.post #2061 of 23417/12/14 at 12:03pm
If i used mine at home, i would be happy with the Oyaide, however I mostly use the sigpro's out and about. At home i have W3000anv and DX1000 to keep me company. So my portable duty shifts between the Sigpro, Ed8 LE, ES10 and esw9. Oh and of course Jh13s for certain occasions. Pretty satisfied with those choices.post #2062 of 23418/12/14 at 9:20am
I just have to say, I REALLY underestimated what a good amp can do for these. I recently picked up a used Purity Audio KICAS (still using the Aune T1 as the DAC), and blazes does this sound good. It's darker than I was used to, but now that my ears have adjusted, soundstage and bass are absolutely amazing. I need to get some new cables and maybe a better tube to get the fuzz out of the sound, but even as is it's already night and day.post #2063 of 23418/12/14 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Levaix
I just have to say, I REALLY underestimated what a good amp can do for these. I recently picked up a used Purity Audio KICAS (still using the Aune T1 as the DAC), and blazes does this sound good. It's darker than I was used to, but now that my ears have adjusted, soundstage and bass are absolutely amazing. I need to get some new cables and maybe a better tube to get the fuzz out of the sound, but even as is it's already night and day.
Good to hear ...enjoy !post #2064 of 23418/13/14 at 8:25pm
The Sig Pro continues to impress. I had a really long session with the Romeo Ed. 8 last weekend. And although the sound was impressive as well, the coloration kind of get's annoying in the end. I think it's a very nice fun headphone with a very refined sound, but I still prefer the Sig Pro for longer everyday listening and I think it's just as refined in its own way. I'm thinking of adding the Ed.8 as my "fun" headphone for little twenty minute happy sessions.post #2065 of 234110/16/14 at 3:08pm
To the people that are having comfort issues with the Sig Pro - my advise would be to wait it out. Till yesterday it felt like it was squeezing the soul out of my brains - almost like a death vise. But I just stretched it out on my thighs for about 20 minutes and now it's so comfortable it's actually crazy.
Good thing I didn't return it like I initially wanted to!post #2066 of 234111/12/14 at 7:58am
Having used my SigPro for five months I love their dynamic and crisp-clear mids (beats my HD600 hands-down, source/amp 901+V200) but I am still not quite satisfied with their tingling treble. Some more experienced users suggest a longer burn-in due to the "stiff" titanium-coated drivers but I cannot wait. Somehow I came up with a simple mod.
SigPro's treble is not significantly brighter than those of HD600/650 and DT880-600, as seen in headroom/innerfidelity/goldenears measurements. Unlike those three headphones the SigPro consistently produced tingling and metallic treble when instruments like harpsichords, violins or trumpets kick in. To my ears the timbre resembles the treble of RS1i/e and is likely to be the result of resonance. The THD+N plot on innerfidelity and the "spikes" in CSD from goldenears may support my speculation.
Damping those resonance seems to be a solution. Without any knowledge in acoustics and proper gears I found a good enough solution after tried a few combinations.
The mod may void your warranty
Be careful with the soldering, cables and drivers
What I used:
2 * HD600/650 foam plates
1 * PH00 screw driver
- The foam plates taken off from HD600/650 always have an oval-shaped trail, cut out the outer parts of both foam plates. Fold them.
- Take off earpads of the SigPro. The holes on the upper side are blocked by some white plastic plates; the foam will be inserted on the back of these holes.
- Unscrew the housing use a PH00 screw driver and insert the foam.
post #2067 of 234111/12/14 at 4:23pmpost #2068 of 234111/12/14 at 7:07pmQuote:
- Put everything back. Done. note: blocking the plastic vents using foams or damping the back of the vents significantly affect the sound stage.
I already have mine, but great price! Do you mind if I ask what you're going to use now?post #2069 of 234111/12/14 at 7:28pm
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze LCD-X 45 seconds ago
- › What high-end DAP should I buy? 47 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Spring 2016 -- Pictures & Impressions... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: AKG K612 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal Custom in-ear monitors 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...